Not open for further replies.
Jep, hope I read everything right ^^

Default Controls

Left Stick - Movement, Steer Horse, Steer Boat, [Press] Call Horse
R2 - Cast Sign
R1 - Quick Access item
L2 - Witcher Senses, Parry/Riposte
Triangle - Strong Attack
Right Stick - Camera Movement, [Press] Change Quest Objective, [Press] Lock On Target
D-Pad - [Up] Potion 1, [Down] Potion 2,
Draw/Sheathe Steel Sword ,
Draw/Sheathe Silver Sword
Circle - Surface / Climb / Dodge / Jump, [Hold] Roll / Dismount
Square - Fast Attack, Dive, Stop/Reverse Boat
L1 - Quick Access Menu
Touchpad - Game Menu
Options - Pause Menu
X - Interact, Swim Fast, Run/Sprint, Canter/Gallop, Accelerate Boat​

Should also apply for Xbox One with
A being X,
B being Circle,
X being Square,
Y being Triangle,
L1, R1 being LB, RB
L2, R2 being LT, RT
;)

Not how i imangined it. Interesting.​

How is witcher sense and block the same button, and what about shooting the crossbow ;)
Seems pretty good, reminds me of TW2, but better!

How is witcher sense and block the same button, and what about shooting the crossbow ;)
Seems pretty good, reminds me of TW2, but better!

As far as i can tell they designed it around the idea of not having the functions clash with what you happen to be doing at that point in time.

The stuff bound to square you would never need in combat or the majority of your play time while roaming, triangle is free for the same reason.

the withcer sences arn't needed in combat leaving the button free for another function.

I would have parry etc bound to R1

it's a clever set up overall

Last edited:
Eh i am disappointed with polish version of that trailer. English one sounds better, and i am fan of polish VO in in Witcher games.

Eh i am disappointed with polish version of that trailer. English one sounds better, and i am fan of polish VO in in Witcher games.
That's just because the English one is simply stellar. I was pleasantly surprised by that, although I already fear the inconsistency in the quality of the VOs. For example, TW2's Triss or Dandelion is on a whole different (lower) level compared to this one. We shall see.

feels good to be back :)

The quest-design article was pleasantly encouraging, sounds like the world is going to feel very fluid and real. That'S what I liked about the Witcher series, ou are part of he world, not the pivoting point.
Looking forwards to slowly again allowing some hype :)

LMB light strike, LMB heavy strike, E to block, R to dodge, 1-5 for signs.. is not rocket science you know.

That's just key mapping. What I want to know is if the UI or the inventory system or the drag/drop capabilities will change when M+K is used as the input.

If everything stays the same like the controllers, then the game was created for controllers and not M+K. And I want to know what kind or how much of a downgrade it is when compared to other RPGs made for PC/M+K only.

I want to know cause games like Farcry 4 or Mordor annoys the shit out of me...

@yasakani
Wait, Wut? So If the game doesn't properly support M+K it's downgraded? Please tell me you are making this up.

Ofcourse the game will properly support M+K, they are making the pc version as beautifull as they can and then they don't add proper support for M+K? Seriously?! People need to stop with expecting the worst all the time.

And the only thing that might not be the best for M+K would be the ui but CDPR has said early on they would improve the ui compared with TW2's ui. They would even make a mix of TW and TW2 ui's. That said they might always improve the ui in updates or in the Enhanced Edition. Yes they have said they are not planning nor working on a EE yet, but that is obviously because they first need to release the game and get feedback. Otherwise they cant improve or enhance it.

And even if the ui would be terrible after that, the community can mod it, I think.

Last edited:
@yasakani
Wait, Wut? So If the game doesn't properly support M+K it's downgraded? Please tell me you are making this up.

Ofcourse the game will properly support M+K, they are making the pc version as beautifull as they can and then they don't add proper support for M+K? Seriously?! People need to stop with expecting the worst all the time.

And the only thing that might not be the best for M+K would be the ui but CDPR has said early on they would improve the ui compared with TW2's ui. They would even make a mix of TW and TW2 ui's. That said they might always improve the ui in updates or in the Enhanced Edition. Yes they have said they are not planning nor working on a EE yet, but that is obviously because they first need to release the game and get feedback. Otherwise they cant improve or enhance it.

And even if the ui would be terrible after that, the community can mod it, I think.

I just want to know how much support or love the M+K input is receiving. That is all.

I hope it is a lot better than W2.

Questions from the comment section are pure gold. They kinda give you a glimpse into the future of the forum. Some highlights:

So. Much. Butthurt. Incoming.
This make me wanna commit sudoku

So much tease! Great to see game running on all the platforms. Hope they change the beta PSN icon.. its pretty ugly.

So much tease! Great to see game running on all the platforms. Hope they change the beta PSN icon.. its pretty ugly.
Really, you don't like the medallion, I think it's cool for an icon. Anyways.... I agree, It is Great that it's up and running on them All. CDPR TEAM, has worked really hard and it shows :)

Last edited:
Really, you don't like the medallion, I think it's cool for an icon. Anyways.... I agree, It is Great that it's up and running on them All. CDPR TEAM, has worked really hard and it shows :)
Medallion is cool just the grey background is meh. Make it black. Tho box art would fit better.

Roll never really went away, the devs just said that spamming it (a la W2) will be discouraged.

They've been dodgy about that question (har, har), saying in many interviews that roll is replace by pirouette. So this is the first solid confirmation that roll is indeed in. I wonder why we haven't we seen it in gameplay?

As to the controller issue, consoles have always taken priority in marketing. No doubt Sony and MS would like for their customers to know how well this thing plays on a gamepad. Which is fine. But I hope they let someone demo it on M&K before release. PC gamers are often left in the dark on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom