Introducing GWENT Skirmish — the first tournament for content creators!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

Competitive events are a source of intense GWENT action. Today, we’re taking it a step further. Introducing GWENT Skirmish — a unique project aimed at content creators, which mixes tournament-setting rivalry with exciting live content!

Here’s how it works: the lineup of every GWENT Skirmish tournament stage is made out of established GWENT content creators. Every single one of them will be livestreaming their point of view. This means you can watch your favorite streamer making, explaining and reacting to big plays in real time, all whilst participating in the tournament. And worry not: snipers and Nilfgaardian spotters shall not pass — we will set up delays on streams to prevent spying.

For the first wave, the list of invited participants is as follows:

crokeyz (Great Britain)
Ashlizzlle (Netherlands)
MissLadyJay (South African Republic)
McBeard (Canada)
NOD (Belarus)
Brzoza (Poland)
SirPumpkn (USA)
MasCa (Korea)

The format is simple: 8 streamers will be randomly assigned to 2 groups of 4. Every player will compete against all of their opponents from the same group in a best-of-three format, all battling for their share of a 300 USD prize pool in each match. More importantly, the winner will advance to the next round. All group winners will then meet in the future, during the next stage of the GWENT Skirmish competition — more information to come!

The group seeding will be decided by the one and only Paweł Burza and will be uploaded to our YouTube channel on Tuesday, November 20th. At the same time, we will be also revealing the schedule of the upcoming matches.

As this is our first experiment with this format, we will be looking at your feedback and reception of this “pilot episode” in order to shape the future of the series. If you have any questions, suggestions or requests to invite your favorite streamers to GWENT Skirmish, please let us know in the comments!

I think every event like this bigger or smaller is great.

One suggestion I would have, is to find a way to do more open events. Maybe even find a way to encourage community run tournaments. Because we really lack anything outside of Masters, especially open to wide range of players. ESL series is step into the right direction, I hope it stays and most importantly brings more tournaments as well.

Also forgot to mention streamers I would like to see next time (not including the ones that are already there :) ):
raduandrada
just_diggles
alwaysturtle
shinmiri2
oceanmud

I like this approach. Hope it has success and more initiatives like this take place.

I'm not a competitive player (playing for fun) but i like to watch tournaments.

Question: Is the tournament played in this state or there will be a patch before the event.?

Hi there.
It would be grate to see next time some Roadhouse aka Aferist aka Kabachok (twitch.tv/roadhouse). Its one of the bigest CIS -region streamers of gwent and he very passionate about this game. I think he would be more interesting to community than that NOD-guy (with all respect).

A lot of fans dislikes our new patch, maybe we make a balance patch and add new cards / game mechanics?
Nah, it's better to deliver premium barrels for real money and hold a tournament with
USD
PRIZE
:ROFLMAO:
Jeez...
-I'm 90% sure it follows official Gwent Master rules and 300$ is the match stake for each individual match. Summoning /u/ThorSerpent to verify it :D
-Correct about the prize pool. The rules are slightly different though because it's not Gwent Masters event. Players can make any changes or no changes at all between matches (even within Bo3). So, it's possible to play only SK throughout the tournament, for instance, if that's what streamer prefers.

I just don't see the point of this. Especially not at this time when the focus should be on fixing, optimising and improving the mess that is HC, and not wasting time creating an event for streamers.

Not to mention the countless bugs and crashes that plague Thronebreaker, and finally address why you abandoned the GOG exclusivity, yes I will keep mentioning that wherever I can until you acknowledge that you misled your customers and explain why!

How about the Gwent community team starts communicating about the updates to HC and how they are addressing the issues players have been reporting for weeks. How about start addressing the concerns players are having with the game in its current state? How about addressing why features such as trinket descriptions have been removed from the game? and countless other questions people have been asking and are being ignored by the Gwent Community Team!

If there are included streamers only I would also like to see SadFury, Shinmiri and Crozyr (of course if they would like to play tournament).

Also I like the idea (not sure how much ppl will be wathing this, but I will be).

Ps. Good luck with developing/improving game (game which i like).

Not ideal to have different countries. Would've been more attractive to watch with shinmiri and oceanmud. But nice idea for sure.

Top Bottom