Introducing Journey - all new progression system!

+
Hi guys!!! I've two problems with the journey:

- I've completed 4 weekly quests (3 on the first week and 1 on the second week), and I haven't received any pieces of crown (I should have received 20 pieces of crown for each weekly quest completed).

- Regarding the second week weekly quests from Jaskier, I've completed the first one many times and it doesn't appear as completed (this is the same quest as Geral's, and this one appears as completed).

What can I do?

I have bought Premium pass with 25 levels, and I have version 6.1.1 on PC and 6.1.2 on my iPhone and iPad.

Thanks a lot! This game is wonderful!

Some player reported, that the Journey quests still bugged. Send a tickét to support team. It is really strange, because ön my end is everything fine. I complete áll the quests (1-2. Week) and recived all the rewards.

Damn just checked it they changed all prestige related to powder, so much for "we communicate stuff now before we change it"
They were too generous and got greedy. CDPR wants people to spend money on vanity cosmetics more, its why they dont release Meteorite items to the shop anymore, wyh you can buy seasonal items for real money, why you dont get even the basic Geralt anywhere in the Pass. They are starting to morph into other AAA developers and I dont like that.

Shame really, such a good game, gwent.

thanks for the tips about which cards i should craft. Besides the fact i already checked, the thing is : even if it's just some scraps, i don't wanna spend it because i need all of them for building the deck i originally choose (as well as the faction's deck..)

And about the seasonal, i'm doing the same thing from the release of the journey's quests. I'm farming with this mode. But thanks for the tip anyway !

Btw, i unlocked a seasonal quest, "finish 4 games in any mode". Finish is a very flexible words which means there, winning. And for some reason i was at 3/4 about the quest. I quit the game, then came back, *pouf* black magic, it has been reset. So i guess i have no others choices. Don't quit the game until i won 4 games straight during one session? Oh right, but i can't because somehow during my games (the opposents must enjoy in the other hand, free full crown) because sometimes the screen freeze, or i can't put my card on the board etc. and this is Gwent who's telling me "nah mate, do it again, get a lose, be reset, keep going"... alalala, such a headhache this extension.

Aristocrat Van Moorlehem Hunter and Thirsty Dame are not registering Aristocrat. Played 4 games in Seasonal and Classic, and none of them registered.

Zeal is not working for me either. Kaedwani Sergent and Nenneke neither registered as Zeal units. Does In A Hurry quest depend on finishing Aristocrat? Otherwise I am stuck.

Last edited:
Don't you guys have enough neutral Cards to fill a Syndicate Deck and 180 scraps to craft 2 Witch hunters and play a few seasonal mode Matches with it (+2 witch hunter copies)

Same goes for Aristocrats 2 thirsty Dame 60 scraps.

I've actually done that and it was a miserable experience, especially with the bounty. I guess it wasn't that great for my opponents either, but at least they get some easy wins. I was also a bit confused at first because I though that bounty was just a mechanic not a tag (like human, beast, etc..)

I like the journey system but I think they need to review a bit the quests system.

Last edited:
I bought the Journey premium pass, and sometimes my start point for each level, for instance lvl 35 is being 20crows, having to gain only 4 crows more to proceed to level 36. Is it right ? If not, thanks for the boost.

I bought the Journey premium pass, and sometimes my start point for each level, for instance lvl 35 is being 20crows, having to gain only 4 crows more to proceed to level 36. Is it right ? If not, thanks for the boost.
The crowns you have are carried over. This means, if I have at the end of the day 20 crowns, next day I only need 4 crowns to level up.

I just noticed something about Journey and im not too happy about it.

Basically i've been working on the 1000 Skellige wins contract for a long time. Its my favourite faction since the very beginning, and i havent done it sooner because i havent played much SK on the past 10 months without new leader abilities.

Do you know what the reward for such a long contract is? A SK version of Geralt avatar. That was nice, since until two weeks ago, there were only 3 avatars of Geralt.

Now with Journey there's like 20 Geralt avatars which makes this special one im about to get (20 something wins away) just another Geralt avatar and no one will care...

1st world problems :sad:

I just noticed something about Journey and im not too happy about it.

Basically i've been working on the 1000 Skellige wins contract for a long time. Its my favourite faction since the very beginning, and i havent done it sooner because i havent played much SK on the past 10 months without new leader abilities.

Do you know what the reward for such a long contract is? A SK version of Geralt avatar. That was nice, since until two weeks ago, there were only 3 avatars of Geralt.

Now with Journey there's like 20 Geralt avatars which makes this special one im about to get (20 something wins away) just another Geralt avatar and no one will care...

1st world problems :sad:

Look at it from the bright side: even if there are now more Geralt avatars, you still have a kind of unique avatar (given the high threshold required to get it) :)

Do the quests have to be completed in the order they are presented?

I've got one which says "Play 15 cards with Aristocrat tag" and one which says "Play 20 cards with Zeal". I don't have any Aristocrat cards, but I have plenty of Zeal cards. But I've been playing some Zeal cards and that quest is still at zero progression. Is this a bug or can I not do the Zeal quest without completing the Aristocrat one first?

I've been enjoying it so far but wish that the UI was a bit more streamlined
Post automatically merged:

Do the quests have to be completed in the order they are presented?

I've got one which says "Play 15 cards with Aristocrat tag" and one which says "Play 20 cards with Zeal". I don't have any Aristocrat cards, but I have plenty of Zeal cards. But I've been playing some Zeal cards and that quest is still at zero progression. Is this a bug or can I not do the Zeal quest without completing the Aristocrat one first?
Yes they do. Aristocrat before Zeal. I wish the game mentioned this somewhere

Yes they do. Aristocrat before Zeal. I wish the game mentioned this somewhere
Thanks for letting me know. (y)

But I can still make progress on the Journey by just winning rounds to get crowns, right?

Do you know if the Aristocrats and Zeal quests will be changed to new quests at the end of the week even if don't complete them?

But I can still make progress on the Journey by just winning rounds to get crowns, right?
If you mean increase your level on the journey, then yes, all you need is crowns, and winning rounds grants crowns.

Do you know if the Aristocrats and Zeal quests will be changed to new quests at the end of the week even if don't complete them?
Based on what happened between week 1 and week 2, no they won't be changed. What will likely happen is 3 new quests for week 3 will be added to both tracks of the journey. You will be able to start doing the first quest in a track for week 3 once the last quest for week 2 in that track has been completed.

If you mean increase your level on the journey, then yes, all you need is crowns, and winning rounds grants crowns.

Based on what happened between week 1 and week 2, no they won't be changed. What will likely happen is 3 new quests for week 3 will be added to both tracks of the journey. You will be able to start doing the first quest in a track for week 3 once the last quest for week 2 in that track has been completed.
Thanks for the reply. (y)

Seems likely I won't be progress further with quests without doing the Aristocrats one, so I'll just have to craft a couple of cheap Aristocrat cards (I never play NG, so only have the Starter Set cards) and spam them in some matches with them until I've completed the quest. It's a crappy way to play though!

So by my math, assuming you only play the free version. You need 24 x 99 = 2376 crowns. With 12 weeks of quests each week providing 60 crowns. 60 x 12 = 720 crowns. 2376 - 720 = 1656 crowns. Now for the most important part. We get 14 bonus crowns per day, with one bonus crown awarded per round win. So With 71 days left you can get 14 x 71 = 994 extra crowns. Assuming of course you started today (I started yesterday when my account was transferred from the PS4. This means you need to win 936 rounds over the next 71 days. But, since you need to win those rounds anyways in order to get the bonus crowns, you essentially need only win the 14 rounds (7 matches if you win or tie each game.) Now I have been away for quite a while and have no idea how many reward points we were get getting daily, but I can see how this system might be equivalent.

Lastly, with 99 levels we know the total number of reward points available is 2 x 83 + 6 x 5 = 196 points and 10 unique trinkets.

Can someone more familiar with the old daily rewards please help me out with how many points were available per day? Also, don’t forget they did add a daily sign in reward system With escalating rewards.

Just wanted to say thank you to the developers working on the Journey bugs. It must be very frustrating.
In my case, everthing works fine now. :ok:

I really like the Journey patch. I think the Dandelion vs Geralt story version is a brilliant idea and it's very entertaining. The quests also are more interesting than the standard daily quests. And the premium items look dope as frack.
Keep it up!

Honestly. Great work.. Cool rewards, good progression system, like that it encourages switching decks. Very, very nice. My coins are yours.

These thoughts are dedicated to the CDPR group who are mostly engaged in the development of the game

I paid $ 10 for a battle pass that doesn't work properly. This service is not allowed for players who donate money to your game. This is not the CPDR from 2011.

Despite the situation with the coronavirus, it would be possible to temporarily cancel the battle pass for an indefinite period, and fix it properly. After fixing the mechanics of the battle pass, return it. For example, when your offices will start working again and you will again be able to work NOT remotely.

Imagine that a hard worker after decides to play Gwent after work day, relax with your favorite characters from the Witcher universe. Trying to complete a task in a battle pass, and it doesn't work. Then he has to deal with the game and read the forums, see what's wrong. This is extra nerves and extra problems. I suggested a solution to the problem too late. You have only one choice: fix the mechanics or lose your reputation. I hope you choose the former.

This post does not justify the developers of Gwent:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-performed-by-game-director-himself.11028497/
You're just saying that the new progress system isn't so bad. You should be responsible for bugs.

Gwent is a game for a large audience/ this game is played all over the world. This quality of the game product, again, is unacceptable.

I also think that you should compensate the players for the damage caused by a tremendous number of bugs!

Top Bottom