Introducing Journey - all new progression system!

+
Tasks tab a hour ago:
14c3729209a8cf1c.JPG

Tasks tab now:
8e3e49ecc29c4670.JPG

I wonder if one day quests progress stops resetting in gwent. Guess it's too much to ask.

After trying to understand the system I figured it works like this:
The counter next to your journeyprogress are bonus crowns. You may have noticed you get double the crowns towards your progress.
After I filled up the counter to the right (14/14) I only receive 2 crowns per win to my journeyprogress instead of 4.

There doesn't seem to be a limit to how often you can lvl up per day.

And I guess the bonus crown counter refreshes daily.

PS. The quests are heavily bugged.

As cokicvladimir pointed out, this system isn't clear and we could use some explanation of its rules. While we don't know these rules it's hard to appreciate the system.

View attachment 11034710

A: I imagine it's the level you've reached in the journey

B: From what I saw it's the number rounds you've won in the current tier. My guess is when you fill the tier you get the reward illustrated at the right of the bar (here a monster keg).

C: I have no clear idea what it means

View attachment 11034713

I'm also wondering how often you can complete these quests (once a day?) and when they get refreshed. If they are refreshed every week I'll find it annoying because you'd be supposed to farm the same quests for a week which could be a bit repetitive for my taste.

It's where I'm at now, hoping to get someone in the know to enlighten us.

Post automatically merged:
You are incorrect as regarding to and B and C at least. The A mark is correct from what Ive seen that is indeed the level. B from what I have noticed is that you get 2 crowns for each completed match regardless of how many rounds you played or did you win them. C seems to be akin to the old daily crown reward system, where each round won represents each crown. So I won two matches with two round and was at 6 on C then I lost one match and went to 7 out of 14 crowns.

I went in-game and checked the journey menus. So lets see:

We have 83 days left on this first 'Journey' (Btw, is this a lowkey leek of when the 1st expansion of 2020 will release?) :oops:
There are 100 levels on the journey, each requiring 24 crowns to level up (24 rounds won)

This means even if you do level up once a day, which should take on average two hours per day, EVERY DAY for the next 83 days, you will still only reach Lv 84 and not unlock all of the rewards, and some of the best are in the end!

This is some BS. And the free rewards are really bad, only avatars, you could at least give some animated border/ coin on milestones like lv 25/50/75/100...

THANK YOU for doing this calculation! That is such a bad idea by CDPR! Been a similar case with the last seasonal trees and daily crowns; I played every day and completed at least 2 if not 3 crowns daily. STILL didn't get enough Reward Points to complete all the seasonal trees. Casual players (i.e. 90% of the player base) will not devote hours to a F2P game if in doing so they still can't unlock the rewards.

You are incorrect as regarding to and B and C at least. The A mark is correct from what Ive seen that is indeed the level. B from what I have noticed is that you get 2 crowns for each completed match regardless of how many rounds you played or did you win them. C seems to be akin to the old daily crown reward system, where each round won represents each crown. So I won two matches with two round and was at 6 on C then I lost one match and went to 7 out of 14 crowns.
Yeap I believe my suspicions is true. I just played and won one more match and went to 9 out of 14 crowns on C. Then I lost another match with one round won and I am at 10 out of 14 crowns on C I reckon we get two keys for every 14 crowns now instead of how it was before.
Meanwhile I am at 18 out 24 on B which shows that how much you win or lose has no impact on that but rather how many matches you play. Each match is worth 2 crowns on B.

THANK YOU for doing this calculation! That is such a bad idea by CDPR! Been a similar case with the last seasonal trees and daily crowns; I played every day and completed at least 2 if not 3 crowns daily. STILL didn't get enough Reward Points to complete all the seasonal trees. Casual players (i.e. 90% of the player base) will not devote hours to a F2P game if in doing so they still can't unlock the rewards.

I think his calculations are off. Because you get up to 14 additional crowns (presumably) per day for each crown. + the weekly quests which are almost an entire level and you have 6 of them. I honestly can't say wether or not this system is more or less generous (but it seems like it's less).

DRK3

Forum veteran
I went in-game and checked the journey menus. So lets see:

We have 83 days left on this first 'Journey' (Btw, is this a lowkey leek of when the 1st expansion of 2020 will release?) :oops:
There are 100 levels on the journey, each requiring 24 crowns to level up (24 rounds won)

This means even if you do level up once a day, which should take on average two hours per day, EVERY DAY for the next 83 days, you will still only reach Lv 84 and not unlock all of the rewards, and some of the best are in the end!

This is some BS. And the free rewards are really bad, only avatars, you could at least give some animated border/ coin on milestones like lv 25/50/75/100...

OK so my previous comment was incorrect in a few ways - i assumed the only way you would get those new crowns to level up on journey would be to win rounds, 1 crown per round, like it was on the daily crown system.

Apparently, the quests you get also contribute with crowns. However, i have played several matches and i still dont have the 'play an online game quest'. Do these quests only work for premium pass players?

Secondly, i still havent figured out exactly how many crowns you win per match/round won, there seems to be conflicting reports on this thread. CDPR should really clarify all this ASAP.

I think i have a bug here. I did the first two quests and didn't get the 40 crowns then I did the next 2 same thing didn't get any crowns. Restarted the game and then the first two quests I did now shows as If I didn't do them and can't do them.
Annotation 2020-04-02 185142.png
Annotation 2020-04-02 185624.png

Last edited:
OK so my previous comment was incorrect in a few ways - i assumed the only way you would get those new crowns to level up on journey would be to win rounds, 1 crown per round, like it was on the daily crown system.

Apparently, the quests you get also contribute with crowns. However, i have played several matches and i still dont have the 'play an online game quest'. Do these quests only work for premium pass players?

Secondly, i still havent figured out exactly how many crowns you win per match/round won, there seems to be conflicting reports on this thread. CDPR should really clarify all this ASAP.

I have filled up the right counter and only get two per win (just played a match to make sure). Before the counter was filled up I got 4 per win.

Edit: 2 per round won until "bonus crown counter" is filled up. After that 1 per round.

I think daily quests also add up a lot of journey points.
I have gone up two levels after completing two missions at the end of a match. Journey Level 4 now.
Post automatically merged:

I add something else. I just saw that now in the progress bar of that journey level, a barrel of monsters appears to me. It seems that completing that level I will earn it.

Last edited:
Ok, this numbers just does't have any sense to me, anyone have idea? This is me after playing 3 matches, I lost 2nd and 3rd match, each mach lasted 3 rounds. Oh, and I bought premium pack, that's why I'm lvl27. I really wanted Geralt as leader.

Table after match 1 ( lvl27, current progress 18/24, crowns 11/14)
Untitled2.png

Table after match 2 ( +4 points in progress, +2 in crowns )
Untitled3.png

Table after match 3 ( lvl30???, 12/24 ???, +1 crowns ??? )
Untitled4.png

Ok, this numbers just does't have any sense to me, anyone have idea? This is me after playing 3 matches, I lost 2nd and 3rd match, each mach lasted 3 rounds. Oh, and I bought premium pack, that's why I'm lvl27. I really wanted Geralt as leader.

The x/14 are bonus pieces. Until you hit 14/14 a win/tie results in two pieces, plus two as bonus. If you win one round you get one piece and one as a bonus. After you have used all 14, you still get two pieces for a win/tie, and one for winning one round.

As for quests, the premium quests are bugged right now, and cannot be completed/do not provide pieces. The free quests appear to be working for the most part.

There are also issues with updating the free quests. I have found if you quit and renter the game, the free quests will update normally.

Last edited:
To all:

1. Yes, there are some bugs, my Premium Pass quests didn't activate. It's the first hours of new patch anyway, I understand.

2. To those who complain about the free rewards...buy the damn pass, it's only $5 USD you fucking ingrats.

Saludos

1. Yes, there are some bugs, my Premium Pass quests didn't activate. It's the first hours of new patch anyway, I understand.

2. To those who complain about the free rewards...buy the damn pass, it's only $5 USD you fucking ingrats.
I want to buy it tbh. But I won't pay anything for quests that don't work at all.

I want to buy it tbh. But I won't pay anything for quests that don't work at all.
To be fair I am almost level 6 and some quests seem to still update.
Also you do not need the quests to progress (and they will propably fix this within the next 2 days).

Top Bottom