Introducing Journey - all new progression system!

+
As for quests, the premium quests are bugged right now, and cannot be completed/do not provide pieces. The free quests appear to be working for the most part.
If this is true, this is egregious! There is no reason whatsoever for a company to be selling a product that doesn't work.

Is it only me or all these journey quests are broken? Does not seem to make any progress.
In my case a few did (2 or 3), though not consistent.
1 was 20/20 before I played even 1 game and gave me nothing.
The others (which I advanced the conditions for) do not progress.
Even the "Fight for your dignity", which is "Finish 1 matches in any online mode", is not fullfilled.

There do seem to be a few graphics related artifact bugs in the update.
Destructions seem to leave flame artifacts behind after the card disappears until the end of the round.

There do seem to be a few graphics related artifact bugs in the update.
Destructions seem to leave flame artifacts behind after the card disappears until the end of the round.
The same goes for Vincent Van Moorlehem, his "blood sucking" animation on his card keeps popping up again and the "blood pillar" does not vanish for the rest of the game (it happened to me 2/2 times and I saw it 1/1 times in a stream).

The same goes for Vincent Van Moorlehem, his "blood sucking" animation on his card keeps popping up again and the "blood pillar" does not vanish for the rest of the game (it happened to me 2/2 times and I saw it 1/1 times in a stream).

Just played against a deck running the new Ele'yas. The allied unit destruction animation took a solid 30 sec and left a residual blackhole. I'm on a computer that can't seem to run premium card art during a match, so take it with a grain of salt. Why a card game has trouble running on a computer that can play StarCraft II just fine is a whole other issue.

Just played against a deck running the new Ele'yas. The allied unit destruction animation took a solid 30 sec and left a residual blackhole. I'm on a computer that can't seem to run premium card art during a match, so take it with a grain of salt. Why a card game has trouble running on a computer that can play StarCraft II just fine is a whole other issue.
My Computer got recently fully upgraded, premium cards are no issue and I am experiencing the exact same.
The point is that your computer should definitely not be the issue.

I am waiting to buy this CDPR because the premium rewards look awesome! But these comments worry me! Seems like it won't be possible to complete all 100 levels in 83 days if there are bugs and lack of clarity regarding progression.

Is "Fight for your dignity" a free quest while "Fight for your life" a premium quest? Seems like it because "Fight for your life" has a golden border. Getting these extra 20 crowns by quests may make it possible to finish everything in the time frame? Gotta crunch the numbers.

Lastly, I don't understand why this is timed. It feels so rushed. CDPR, shouldn't we enjoy our quest instead of rushing through it? Keep it open longer so that all players have a shot at completing it! Feels bad to start something only to see it disappear before finishing it.

Any gonna play some Hearthstone now. Demon Hunter Prologue starts today!

I am waiting to buy this CDPR because the premium rewards look awesome! But these comments worry me! Seems like it won't be possible to complete all 100 levels in 83 days if there are bugs and lack of clarity regarding progression.

Is "Fight for your dignity" a free quest while "Fight for your life" a premium quest? Seems like it because "Fight for your life" has a golden border. Getting these extra 20 crowns by quests may make it possible to finish everything in the time frame? Gotta crunch the numbers.

[...]
I reached level 7 on day 1, there are certainly people that got even further.
In the worst case you need 24 round wins for 1 level-up and given that we have 83/84 days you need roughly 1.21 level-ups per day, which is easily doable.

[...]
Lastly, I don't understand why this is timed. It feels so rushed. CDPR, shouldn't we enjoy our quest instead of rushing through it? Keep it open longer so that all players have a shot at completing it! Feels bad to start something only to see it disappear before finishing it.
[...]
Agreed, I do not see why this is limited in terms of the time window.

What? 5$? Where are you from? They write 10$ in the promo video. And in Europe it's 8.5€.

Mexico, and it's $4.75 in fact. I don't know if they're same prices as Android or iOS.

In the worst case you need 24 round wins for 1 level-up and given that we have 83/84 days you need roughly 1.21 level-ups per day, which is easily doable.

Agreed, I do not see why this is limited in terms of the time window.

I think all 'battle' passes works like this, it's logical based on seasons and renewal of the rewards.

To all:

1. Yes, there are some bugs, my Premium Pass quests didn't activate. It's the first hours of new patch anyway, I understand.

2. To those who complain about the free rewards...buy the damn pass, it's only $5 USD you fucking ingrats.

Saludos

With your inability to spell "ingrates" I'm going to give your intelligence the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not from the United States or any English speaking country. Count yourself lucky that the pass only costs the equivalent of 5.00 USD where you are but that's not the case elsewhere. Maybe you just screwed up the math during the conversion.

What other games do you play where the expectation is that things won't function after every patch? All the other games I play use internal QA and public test servers to sort their patches out BEFORE release. At worst, they introduce balance issues. I'm a big fan of Gwent but the amount of bugs they introduce to the UI and player progression systems on a regular basis is staggering.

I also bought the premium pass under the false belief that the Geralt path quests would then unlock. They did not. This is not a lack of functionality for a free patch either. It is the core functionality of a feature I spent $10.00 on not working.

Even the free track is not "free stuff." Unlike the snowman and lunar new year events, the battle pass systems REPLACES the old player progression system. CD Projeckt Red definitely anticipated that the very concept of the battle pass would receive pushback and should have made damn sure that it was at least technically sound before releasing it.

I don't buy that Jason Slama was unwilling to talk about the battle pass "because players would think it was an April Fool's joke." Maybe the old system was too generous and they needed to slow down the drip of reward points. They still should have communicated.

Personally, I'll be content with the new system once it actually works properly. I wouldn't go as far as to say that those who don't like it are ingrates though.
Post automatically merged:

Any gonna play some Hearthstone now. Demon Hunter Prologue starts today!

If this battle pass works like most others, new quests will unlock each week and continue to be available for the battle pass's 80+ day duration. Unlike daily quests, they don't fill up a finite amount of slots. You could potentially do all the weekly quests during the final week. The only weekly quests that would only be available for one week would be the last set, and that's only if weekly quests are still being release up until the end.

That said, right now many of the week 1 quests are outright not working and I would have held off on purchasing the premium track if I had known.

Those were the daily rewards perks. Since they changed that system, these would obviously change. It's not a conspiracy like some are thinking.
Those were the daily rewards perks. Since they changed that system, these would obviously change. It's not a conspiracy like some are thinking.

The change to the daily reward system does not explain why there is no longer guaranteed premium cards in each keg after reaching prestige levels 5 and 10. I'm prestige level 4 but according to the person at the beginning of this quote chain, guaranteed premiums in keg opening have been taken away.

If you hover over the contracts related to achieving each prestige levels, the tooltips haven't been updated since the introduction of the daily rewards for just logging in which affected prestige ranks 6, 7, and 8.

In the livestream yesterday, Jason said that they intended to tell the community their SPECIFIC plans for updating the meteorite powder economy a while before actually implementing any changes. It's possible this change went live earlier than CD Pojeckt Red intended.

Last edited:
I guess I'll wait for the fix to purchase and I won't be playing until it fixes because then I will be wasting my potential progress on the "Regular Journey" rewards as opposed to the "Premium Journey" ones.

I guess I am a relatively casual player, InkognitoXI. Some days I can only do 6 crowns due to work and family responsibilities. Have a nice journey! Keep on going, brother!

Last edited:
I add something else. I just saw that now in the progress bar of that journey level, a barrel of monsters appears to me. It seems that completing that level I will earn it.

Nah... The keg of monster is about the premium, but appears for all, including no premium players...

What a disappointment.

it's not intuitive this system.

Gotta say I'm pretty mad right now. CDPR feels the daily reward system is too generous? Ok,fair point, they eventually need to make some money on Gwent, totally understood. It's still possible to do F2P right? I don't understand why it can't be explained properly (especially when you get a special page on it) but we'll figure it out on Reddit. The bugs I can totally unedrstand and it's fine. They need to increase the value of meteorite powder? Still ok I guess, it's just vanities after all.
But then they communicate something like the stupid automilling last time again. The extra blow to send all the understanding to hell. WHY THE F**K would you ever screw the prestige system at the same time and never try to even mention it? Was it supposed to be a little secret? Are we just stupid mules to you that won't notice anyway?? Seriously guys, fire the communication team as a whole and restart it from scratch. This is not cool. Also, when you "nerf" the rewards, do it just like in the game - small steps to find the balance, don't just kill everything with fire. It's not like the premium card at prestige 5 would kill your business model now, is it?

I am quite enjoying the new system.

The premium journey offers way more rewards for someone like me that played 6-8 crowns per day (more now due to the quarantine). I think it's a fair price for 90 days of game play and a much better deal to acquire vanity items than purchasing them one a piece.

Good job and keep up the good work!

I am quite enjoying the new system.

The premium journey offers way more rewards for someone like me that played 6-8 crowns per day (more now due to the quarantine). I think it's a fair price for 90 days of game play and a much better deal to acquire vanity items than purchasing them one a piece.

Good job and keep up the good work!

Totally agree, the new system is quite generous for any player that used to get 6 half crowns or more. And the price of the premium, for 3 months, is at a very good price point.

DC9V

Forum veteran
bug report #001:

a) After using Vincent, the animated "blood flame" stayed until the end of the match.

b) After playing some games I recognized that i didn't progress any further at the Journey quests so I restarted Gwent and suddenly all quest progress was reset to zero.

2020-04-02_2301_1.jpg

2020-04-03_0353_3.png
2020-04-03_0353_2.png
2020-04-03_0353_1.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom