Introducing Journey - all new progression system!

+
Now that i finaly understand (i think :) ) this new Jurney thing ........ I LOVE IT!
It is straight-up better than the old system and there is a story on top of that. The Geralt skin and cosmetics look amazing, the story is well writen, the amount of games a have to play daily is more favourable for me, new prestige bonuses are much much better (well, they will be once they fix them).

As a casual player that sometimes play alot, the amount of reward points with the new system seems slower/less than the old system if you play a 4-5 hour session.

I know most people are busy adding RP's and such, but I want to congratulate the devs on creating a way to further customize the avatar in Gwent.

I mean, the armor, sword, trophy etc. It is just really cool. I hope to see more of it on further updates, BTW, where is my sexy sorcerer avatar?

That's a nice set of cosmetics, especially if you're a NR or SK main. As a NG main, however, I would purchase the premium journey only if it included a beautiful map like Kaer Morhen and Geralt had funny taunts we all love, such as "How do you like that silver?" and "Damn, you're ugly!" instead of the vapid taunts you'd given him.
For now, though, I'm gonna have to wait and hope that Ciri will be the protagonist of the next journey, so that I could have the rightful empress lead my souldiers into the battle.

I do have to say that this system is p*ss poor explained, CDPR you're leaving a lot of players in the dark how this system is supposed to work and you're already getting complains about it.

Why is there a weekly cap on how many crowns I can get?
After I reached level 11 with 2 crowns in progress, the game says I reached the weekly limit of gaining crown pieces by winning a game. And I found that after winning a few games, my progress is still at 2 crowns.
I understand if no extra crowns are given, but I can't even gain any crown?

If the wording is correct, I can only gain crown by losing a game, after reaching the weekly limit?

If you actually bothered to search forum you would see it is answered how it works.

DEEP ANALYSIS OF JOURNEY PERFORMED BY GAME DIRECTOR HIMSELF

Yep I finally found it in game - and since there's so many people asking questions about how it works literally everywhere, perhaps the developers should communicate it better to the players. The dull "i" button in game is of the same background as the side panel, nice design and it's not even present on the mobile version.

Besides I was searching for something like that and only this page and reddit showed up on Google - anyway, thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
Daily crown pool reset is not working
Capture.PNG

That Image is after my first win today. I had 13 crowns yesterday. I thought it would start from 0 again but it didn't. Thought it'd go to zero once i get to 14 but it didn't. basically no daily reset.

B
Daily crown pool reset is not workingView attachment 11035625

That Image is after my first win today. I had 13 crowns yesterday. I thought it would start from 0 again but it didn't. Thought it'd go to zero once i get to 14 but it didn't. basically no daily reset.

But you are still getting 2x CP per match. This is a display bug, experienced it yesterday, yet still got the 2x CP (I reached upon 28/14.

gwens stupid system.jpg

Whow i should celebrate that i paid for the premium and cant advance in the game. All they want to buy us the whole journey.. So another 60 or 70 dollars.. i pass and already regret that i bought the first premium..

View attachment 11035697
Whow i should celebrate that i paid for the premium and cant advance in the game. All they want to buy us the whole journey.. So another 60 or 70 dollars.. i pass and already regret that i bought the first premium..
You can just progress next week, you get the 14 crowns you can get every day and if you got the first premium and play regularly you will get level 100 anyways.
Just getting those, the quests (which do not even have a timer) and the weekly crowns has already gotten me to level 12, although I agree that there should not be a limit to the weekly crowns (which is admittedly the same as the initial 4 full crowns per day).

Edit: Scrap what I stated above, quests alone will give 60 levels if all are done (extended quests included).

Last edited:
IM new to Gwent, why pay money just to improve your avatar and screen view, surely you would only pay $$ for actual cards? Please enlighten me.

IM new to Gwent, why pay money just to improve your avatar and screen view, surely you would only pay $$ for actual cards? Please enlighten me.
Because not a single card (apart from the premiums for Thronebreaker cards, although the non-premium can just be crafted) is behind a paywall, you can get a 100% collection (minus Thronebreaker premiums) and not spend a single euro.
The added avatar is the only customizable thus far, is iconic and the other vanities are interesting.
Spending 8.5 euro to get 6 different coins, 4 backs, a fully customizable avatar and more sounds like a good deal, when one does not need to spend money for cards.
Furthermore the security that one does not need to continuously spend money into new sets to have access to all cards majorly increases the value of vanities, as one cannot just get tackled out by a paywall.

Hmmm so really cash is only used to make your hands look better, that's cool, but I'm not sure where the Devs are goi g to make their money from. Anyhow I'm enjoying the game so far, one week in.

You can just progress next week, you get the 14 crowns you can get every day and if you got the first premium and play regularly you will get level 100 anyways.
Just getting those, the quests (which do not even have a timer) and the weekly crowns has already gotten me to level 12, although I agree that there should not be a limit to the weekly crowns (which is admittedly the same as the initial 4 full crowns per day).

How could you make it to lvl 12? I don't get that. I bough premium, played many matches every day, always spent those extra 14 crowns, etc. and I'm still at lvl 7. Today I wanted to play, but I'm receiving weekly crowns pieces limit.

So why you are at lvl.12 and I'm at lvl 7. when we both reached the maximum crowns pieces?

Journey quests don't work for me even after the latest update. They are stuck, not progressing... maybe that's the reason, but these quests still give you crowns. Maybe they are not counting into the max amount (cap)?

Btw. I just stopped playing, until it's reset, so I can progress the journey again. I'm not receiving any additional RPs, beside the daily quests.... so why should I play? Very well, CDPR! You just demotivated me to stop playing Gwent for the first time in my life (I have 2k hours since closed beta, mostly in pro ladder, not a rookie with 1 week playing). I don't need to climb the ladder. And I have to say, it's very very difficult to make ME to actually not play the game.

Last edited:
How could you make it to lvl 12? I don't get that. I bough premium, played many matches every day, always spent those extra 14 crowns, etc. and I'm still at lvl 7. Today I wanted to play, but I'm receiving weekly crowns pieces limit.

So why you are at lvl.12 and I'm at lvl 7. when we both reached the maximum crowns pieces?

Journey quests don't work for me even after the latest update. They are stuck, not progressing... maybe that's the reason, but [...]
They give you 20 crowns each, that is exactly the difference.
And since there is no timer on the quests you will catch up to me eventually if you get all the dailies as well.
By the way, I reached the weekly crown limit half way into day 2 of Journey.

Last edited:
View attachment 11035697

I can't understand it at all, first time i see developers pushing you to buy something and then prevent you from playing the game. Please remove crown limit. And let us play as much as we want.

Top Bottom