Inventory crash

+
Efthymios;n10654391 said:
Hi! I bought the GOTY version and I have been playing the game on PS4 PRO for almost a year (level 29 currently). I do have usually 1 - 2 hours for gameplay available daily because I have a very busy personal life. Therefore this game works as a stress relief to me. Unfortunately right now the game crashes every time I open my stash (i have around 20 items) or when I try to sell something to an armorer or blacksmith. Only yesterday i spent 3 hours trying to troubleshoot and find a workaround. As many others here I failed too.

I cannot express enough my frustration and my disappointment for the way cdprojectred handles the maintenance of this game. It is unacceptable for a company that calls themselves professionals, to sell something which does not work as expected and meanwhile not doing anything into fixing it for so long. I would understand if the company would need a month to fix it ,but 2 years and no result that's insane. It feels like none cares anymore, you got the cash anyway.

I am very sorry to say this, because when I started playing the game I thought it was one of the best ever, but there are so many other great studios out there that not only produce great titles but also offer great after sales support and maintenance.

That was a tough lesson for me as a customer and as a gamer but I know I will be not spending any more my money on your titles.

>That was a tough lesson for me as a customer and as a gamer but I know I will be not spending any more my money on your titles.

That's not a workaround!

Because, if you buy or not a future title from CDPR that wouldn't make your game run suddenly better, right?

>Unfortunately right now the game crashes every time I open my stash (i have around 20 items)

That's the key to further investigations and probably an fix for your problem, and for other people around here with the same or a similar problem.

Contact CDPR and upload that particular save file in question to them!

I bought the Complete Edition for PS4 (not Pro) a few weeks ago - I'd never played a Witcher game before - and I developed crash-from-inventory-screens problem. Without looking, I'd guess my save is at 40 or 50 hours. I don't know whether this is significant, but the problem began very shortly after I encountered the audio bugs surrounding The Whispering Hillock and Ladies of the Wood. The exact moment the inventory crashing started was when I first started putting on items of the Griffin armor (everything except the gloves.) I've kept the non-crafting parts of my inventory relatively uncluttered. So far, the crashes always happen around screens that use the inventory, whether it's the normal inventory interface, merchants, or the repair screen, and mostly occur when I move from selecting one item to another. The exceptions were the first couple of crashes, which were specifically when I put on Griffin items (the legs or the boots, I forget which.) Eventually, after some reloads, I was able to put on all three. I'm starting to suspect it's not a coincidence that I'm having regular problems now that I'm wearing most of the set.

I'll look into figuring out how to send my save files to CDPR. I've always treated my PS4 as a traditional console; I know nothing about manipulating the files on it or even how I'd get to a filesystem.

I'm very much hoping that a patch will show up soon. From what I've read of these threads, I'm not sure whether the workaround of moving items to the stash, saving, traveling to a different region, and saving again will help.

chainyan;n10661611 said:
I bought the Complete Edition for PS4 (not Pro) a few weeks ago - I'd never played a Witcher game before - and I developed crash-from-inventory-screens problem. Without looking, I'd guess my save is at 40 or 50 hours. I don't know whether this is significant, but the problem began very shortly after I encountered the audio bugs surrounding The Whispering Hillock and Ladies of the Wood. The exact moment the inventory crashing started was when I first started putting on items of the Griffin armor (everything except the gloves.) I've kept the non-crafting parts of my inventory relatively uncluttered. So far, the crashes always happen around screens that use the inventory, whether it's the normal inventory interface, merchants, or the repair screen, and mostly occur when I move from selecting one item to another. The exceptions were the first couple of crashes, which were specifically when I put on Griffin items (the legs or the boots, I forget which.) Eventually, after some reloads, I was able to put on all three. I'm starting to suspect it's not a coincidence that I'm having regular problems now that I'm wearing most of the set.

I'll look into figuring out how to send my save files to CDPR. I've always treated my PS4 as a traditional console; I know nothing about manipulating the files on it or even how I'd get to a filesystem.

I'm very much hoping that a patch will show up soon. From what I've read of these threads, I'm not sure whether the workaround of moving items to the stash, saving, traveling to a different region, and saving again will help.

Submit a request to this url below:

http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

At the end of the form there is a file attachment field [Add file]

Press that button and attach your problematic save file in question there.

How to - Sending PS4 Save Files with Bug Reports: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...th-bug-reports

NOTE:

Until CDPR figures out the culprit of those problems, (as you purchased the G.O.T.Y. edition of the game), you can play the game without updating to the latest 1.50 patch.

For doing that, you must first delete the game (and unfortunately) all the existing saves that are relying on the 1.50/1.51 patch.

Then you install the game from your hard copy disc or digital purchase, and after the installation is finished you disconnect your router from the internet or just switch it off.

The above crashes and most of the glitches doesn't occur, if the game does run on the 1.30 patch that comes bundled with the G.O.T.Y. edition. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the instructions. I'm on a basic PS4. I'm not aware that I have any choice in whether to install game updates - my experience is that games won't launch unless I have the most recent update installed - and regardless, that ship has long since sailed, as I'm apparently current on updates. I think if I were to abandon all my save files, I'd just never pick the game up again. After all, there's no reason to believe I wouldn't run into a similar problem later. I'm hoping that won't be necessary.

I've managed at least to figure out that my version of the inventory problem is extremely specific: it's the Griffin armor. Any time I select the torso piece (I haven't tested with the other pieces, yet,) the game immediately crashes. I tested earlier by sticking my entire inventory of non-equipped items into my Stash, traveling to a new region, saving, etc. Afterward, I actually didn't put anything back. I was able to play for an hour or two without a crash. As I was getting ready to wrap up - and after I'd saved - I deliberately went into a Repair screen. The game crashed the moment I selected the Griffin armor, same as my last crash.

Edit: I've learned a little more since. I suspect it's any piece of the Griffin armor, and the crash doesn't happen if I turn item descriptions off. Sadly, item descriptions aren't optional on the Repair screen. Had to turn off descriptions, take the items off, and stick them in my stash. Haven't had a crash since.

Last edited:
chainyan;n10661841 said:
Thanks for the instructions. I'm on a basic PS4. I'm not aware that I have any choice in whether to install game updates - my experience is that games won't launch unless I have the most recent update installed - and regardless, that ship has long since sailed, as I'm apparently current on updates. I think if I were to abandon all my save files, I'd just never pick the game up again. After all, there's no reason to believe I wouldn't run into a similar problem later. I'm hoping that won't be necessary.

I've managed at least to figure out that my version of the inventory problem is extremely specific: it's the Griffin armor. Any time I select the torso piece (I haven't tested with the other pieces, yet,) the game immediately crashes. I tested earlier by sticking my entire inventory of non-equipped items into my Stash, traveling to a new region, saving, etc. Afterward, I actually didn't put anything back. I was able to play for an hour or two without a crash. As I was getting ready to wrap up - and after I'd saved - I deliberately went into a Repair screen. The game crashed the moment I selected the Griffin armor, same as my last crash.

>After all, there's no reason to believe I wouldn't run into a similar problem later.

As far as i know, (because i finished the game that way) playing with the 1.3 patch that's included on the G.O.T.Y. edition of the game such glitches are rare to occur.

However, as i mentioned on my previous post, you should install the game and not let it update to the latest 1.50/1.51 patch. (so just play offline) ;)

Do you know if the inventory bug was fixed with the latest patch 1.62??? It's really important for me to start a new save!

Top Bottom