Inventory System: What will it consist of?

+

Guest 4149880

Has any information be revealed on how exactly 2077 will handle the inventory system and item management?

In Witcher 3, a lot of the inventory was consumables, plants, crafting items, clothing & weapons.

If 2077 follows suit, I expect the obvious things like consumables such as meds, clothing & weapons. But also in the inventory screen they've shown Crafting & Backpack tabs so what will these be filled with a side from the main gear? Will there be raw crafting materials? And where will you acquire these items?

Screenshot (5).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    802.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:
No, we're not allowed to know anything about loot and inventory, yet. I expect to know these details (together with level system) with the first hands-on from journalists which I imagine will happen around febbruary, a couple of months before release (same as it was for TW3, the hands-on, I mean). :shrug: Given the game won't be delayed, which would be hilarious after 7 years of "when it's ready". :ROFLMAO:

My 2 cents: it'll be very similar if not equal to TW3.

More likely a system like Mass Effect : If you buy something, you don't have it in your hand but it is shipped to your house. Especially for the weapon shop.
But, in a world filled with cybernetics augment, having artificial muscles must give a higher level of maximal weight lifted by your character.
Crafting? Perhaps, if you have a high enough level in technology (remember the way V find her way out in the 40 minutes gameplay).
For now, wait and see...

Whatever they do, I'm sure it will be broken somehow. Oh, and it will be gamepad friendly interface! Forget the 2 of you playing on a PC with a mouse and keyboard ;)

Top Bottom