Invigorate rework suggestion

+
I'm sure there are tons of different suggestions how to rework Invigorate, so hopefully i'm not stealing someones idea. :)
IMO Invigorate is totaly unsalvageable. I threw the entire ability out the window, but i sticked with the hand buff archetipe.

Invigorate
Provisions: 15
Passive: Whenever a unit in your hand gets boosted, increase the boost amount by 50% rounded down.
Order: Spawn and play Circle of Life, Vrihedd Saboteur or Dwarven Agitator.

So basically cards that boost by 2, now boost by 3, cards that boost by 4, now boost by 6 and Enchanted Armor strategem now boosts by 4. Plus the order ability.
Realistically speaking, if you want to play all-in hand buff deck, you will play 2 Agitators, 2 Circles of life, Ithlinne and maybe even Syrssa, Freixenet or Triss. So the total value of Invigorate is 6(order) + 2 (agitator)+ 2 (circle) + 2(Ithlinne) + 4(the rest) = up to 16 points (more likely around 13). You're not boosting random junk, but the units that you actually want to boost, you have control over when and how you use your leader, and you're not forced to play too many units.

I honestly don't think we need further handbuff support (wasn't their reasoning for removing Sacrificial Vanguard that it generates carryover :facepalm:) imho handbuff received more than enough "cheap" support with MM.

They should rework Invigorate in to something entirely different maybe something like this for example spawn and play Brouver Hoog 3 strength 2 Armor (Barricade: boost self by one whenever you play a Dwarf Deploy : Draw a Dwarf from you're Deck and give him Resilience then shuffle a card from you're Hand back in you're Deck)this is just a example and not meant as a serious suggestion (edit: just realized that the Defender is also a Dwarf which would make giving Resilience already impossible or it would require to switch the Defender skill to a non Dwarven Unit) but I think it wouldn't hurt if we get another Dwarf support Leader Skill.

Last edited:
wasn't their reasoning for removing Sacrificial Vanguard that it generates carryover :facepalm:
If i remember corectly, the explanation was that they wanted to turn discard into SK's consistency tool instead of an archetipe.
Hand buff has legit support (Aglais, Sheldon, Mahakam Defenders, ....), it's more than just a tool, so i think it should have some legit leader as well.

If i remember corectly, the explanation was that they wanted to turn discard into SK's consistency tool instead of an archetipe.
Hand buff has legit support (Aglais, Sheldon, Mahakam Defenders, ....), it's more than just a tool, so i think it should have some legit leader as well.
Developer Comment: Sacrificial Vanguard did not play additional cards in a turn, but Discard as a mechanic strictly builds carryover so making any abilities that work with it or attaching any extra value to it ends up putting power in 2 rounds, which is why we prefer it being a thinning tool instead of something players would build their decks around, which is why the ability is rotating out of the game.

rrc

Forum veteran
I'm sure there are tons of different suggestions how to rework Invigorate, so hopefully i'm not stealing someones idea. :)
IMO Invigorate is totaly unsalvageable. I threw the entire ability out the window, but i sticked with the hand buff archetipe.

Invigorate
Provisions: 15
Passive: Whenever a unit in your hand gets boosted, increase the boost amount by 50% rounded down.
Order: Spawn and play Circle of Life, Vrihedd Saboteur or Dwarven Agitator.

So basically cards that boost by 2, now boost by 3, cards that boost by 4, now boost by 6 and Enchanted Armor strategem now boosts by 4. Plus the order ability.
Realistically speaking, if you want to play all-in hand buff deck, you will play 2 Agitators, 2 Circles of life, Ithlinne and maybe even Syrssa, Freixenet or Triss. So the total value of Invigorate is 6(order) + 2 (agitator)+ 2 (circle) + 2(Ithlinne) + 4(the rest) = up to 16 points (more likely around 13). You're not boosting random junk, but the units that you actually want to boost, you have control over when and how you use your leader, and you're not forced to play too many units.
I have seen a lot of suggestions and I have also suggested a few changes, but so far this is the best ever suggestion IMHO.

Of course, community suggestion for a leader will never happen, but I hope this gives some good ideas for the Devs. It would be the missing piece for ST:
MF for Dwarfs
DEA for Elves
GT for movement
NG for Symbiosis
CoH for Harmony
PS for Control
And
Invigorate for Handbuff

Even though some archetypes are weaker and not as strong or viable as others, this gives a lot of flavor and makes ST the truly the best faction in the game.

I'm missing 10 wins with Invigorate to unlock the Achievement. Don't you dare change this ability! Other people need to suffer ...I mean to enjoy few matches with Invigorate. :coolstory:

Jokes aside, I'm playing Invigorate in Battle Rush with a solid win-rate. The leader ability is weak, but in Battle Rush not many players have removal and the Cat Witchers are worth a lot of points.

While talking about Invigorate in another thread i just had a idea of a Invigorate rework by turning it into a royal inspiration like vitality Cooldown leader.

Hamadryad and Mahakam Defender would already have some synergy with it but it also would require some reworks of older currently pretty much useless Card's to benefit from vitality to make it really viable.

Just some example for some Card reworks to better support the Cooldown leader rework.

Blue Mountain Elite (Whenever Blue Mountain Elite receives Vitality, Summon all copies of it from your deck to this row.)

Elven Wardancer (At the end of your turn, if this unit has Vitality, damage a random enemy unit by 1.)

Dryad Grove keeper (Every allied turn, on turn end, if you control a unit with vitality boost self by 1.)

Ithlinne Aegli (Deploy: give adjacent units 1 vitality . Whenever you play a unit give it 1 vitality.)

Milva (Ranged: Every allied turn, on turn end, boost self by the number of allied Unit's with vitality)

Messyr

Forum regular
While talking about Invigorate in another thread i just had a idea of a Invigorate rework by turning it into a royal inspiration like vitality Cooldown leader.

Hamadryad and Mahakam Defender would already have some synergy with it but it also would require some reworks of older currently pretty much useless Card's to benefit from vitality to make it really viable.

Just some example for some Card reworks to better support the Cooldown leader rework.

Blue Mountain Elite (Whenever Blue Mountain Elite receives Vitality, Summon all copies of it from your deck to this row.)

Elven Wardancer (At the end of your turn, if this unit has Vitality, damage a random enemy unit by 1.)

Dryad Grove keeper (Every allied turn, on turn end, if you control a unit with vitality boost self by 1.)

Ithlinne Aegli (Deploy: give adjacent units 1 vitality . Whenever you play a unit give it 1 vitality.)

Milva (Ranged: Every allied turn, on turn end, boost self by the number of allied Unit's with vitality)
For the record, Nature's Gift is pretty much already a Vitality based leader.

For the record, Nature's Gift is pretty much already a Vitality based leader.
Didn't know that there's a rule to have only one Leader to support some Archetype or gameplay style, because if we're just looking at the other Factions SK Bloodthirst Leaders Onslaught, Rage of the Sea, Patricidal Fury and we maybe could also add Reckless Flury to that, NR boost Leaders Uprising, Royal Inspiration additionally Shieldwall and Pincer Maneuver also somewhat support boost Decks, MO thrive Leaders Fruit Loops and Leshen.

I would consider Nature's Gift more of a Symbiosis Leader where the 3 Charges are usually mainly used for Hamadryads.

Not saying that this rework would be the non plus ultra but if they seriously don't have any ideas of reworking it because it was already a half year ago that they acknowledged that it also would need a rework (if they should plan on reworking it along with the next expansion to support a new Archetype would be preferable), that rework would already be big improvement which isn't exactly very hard to be honest because it's called the worst Leader for a good reason especially in recent Metas where everyone and his Mama are bleeding the living hell out of you it most likely almost always plays for bad value if you don't use it as the first move which doesn't exactly make much sense.

Last edited:
Didn't know that there's a rule to have only one Leader to support some Archetype or gameplay style, because if we're just looking at the other Factions SK Bloodthirst Leaders Onslaught, Rage of the Sea, Patricidal Fury and we maybe could also add Reckless Flury to that, NR boost Leaders Uprising, Royal Inspiration additionally Shieldwall and Pincer Maneuver also somewhat support boost Decks, MO thrive Leaders Fruit Loops and Leshen.
Certainly no rule for that, we agree.
However, there needs to be a distinct difference in use to be considered a unique ability. As such, in my opinion giving vitality to units is typically the same, no matter what passive you add on top (symbiosys in this case).
Nature's Gift vitality boost is already widely used to protect certain engines from removals (Pavko, Young Driads).

Truth to be told, I absolutely like the hand/deckbuff concept of Invigorate as there are many built in synergies with it in the faction. It is only the current format that is lackluster.

Truth to be told, I absolutely like the hand/deckbuff concept of Invigorate as there are many built in synergies with it in the faction. It is only the current format that is lackluster.
Like I already said above the Handbuff generated carryover especially after the introduction of tons of cheap Handbuff Card's along with the Master Mirror expansion isn't really healthy for the Game and it really doesn't need any further support at all especially not from a Leader because it already heavily promotes non interactive control heavy decks that play a insanely buffed finisher.

The Invigorate Handbuff support in it's current Form is kind of ok'ish because the Leader itself is God awful but they should stay far away (or maybe they shouldn't and wait for the overtuned Handbuff complain threads to pop up afterwards) of making it a competitive handbuff Leader.

Like I already said above the Handbuff generated carryover especially after the introduction of tons of cheap Handbuff Card's along with the Master Mirror expansion isn't really healthy for the Game and it really doesn't need any further support at all especially not from a Leader because it already heavily promotes non interactive control heavy decks that play a insanely buffed finisher.

The Invigorate Handbuff support in it's current Form is kind of ok'ish because the Leader itself is God awful but they should stay far away (or maybe they shouldn't and wait for the overtuned Handbuff complain threads to pop up afterwards) of making it a competitive handbuff Leader.
Yeah, these are valid concerns.
Although strictly from a technical standpoint I'm not fullheartedly against non-unit control decks (I believe they are a healthy part of the meta) I fully agree that once they start to dominate, it has a serious negative effect on the overall game experience. No-unit control mirrors are the worst.

To my mind Invigorate´s main problem is the one time effect. You should use the handbuffs as your first turn to get the most of the leader. Then you need cards which benefits from being handbuffed (Anglais, Sheldon Skaggs, Mahakam Defender, Elven Wardancer ) or which make their removal significantly less likely (best 5 body cards). Each artefact or special costs you one hand-boost. And when you play with Anglais artefacts and specials help a lot to get the most out of her.

In round 2 and round 3 you have less incitives to put already handboosted cards back in your deck (as their are already +1).

Order: Boost a unit in your hand by 1. Cooldown: 2
Increase Cooldown by 1 if the target unit was already handboosted. Reduce the cooldown by 1 if the target unit is not already handboosted (maybe a floor of 2 is needed for the cooldown).

Additionally, there should be more cards which benefit from being handboosted (e.g. Summon from your deck if higher than base power, effects for bronze which stronger effect if counterpart is handboosted in hand, Maybe a card like Erland but applying for hand boosts and so on)

Agreed that Invigorate needs a rework. Its current ability can be given to a unit card, as was once the case with one of the elf cards.
Lacking a rework, then I like the suggestions by some others that reworking cards to take advantage of a boosted state on deploy, order, etc, could also improve the leader. That being said, though, such a change will mostly improve the cards that are doing the handbuffing not necessarily the leader.

It may be controversial but I don't think Invigorate necessarily needs a rework. Just more cards that benefit from being boosted in hand/on deploy. Cards that gain extra deploy effects if they were boosted beforehand. And not cards like Aglais which require stacking handbuffs on one unit, this isn't what Invigorate is about.

rrc

Forum veteran
It may be controversial but I don't think Invigorate necessarily needs a rework. Just more cards that benefit from being boosted in hand/on deploy. Cards that gain extra deploy effects if they were boosted beforehand. And not cards like Aglais which require stacking handbuffs on one unit, this isn't what Invigorate is about.
And 20 provisions to compensate for the horrible awkward design..

Top Bottom