Invisible headgear mod?

+
Has anyone done a texture swap to make head and eye gear invisible? Until we get a 'hide helmet' option this would be the only way

there are replacers that turn them into holsters and such
or a little more involved but this can makesanything invisible

Last edited:
What I wish they would have put in the game are items that go in that special clothing slot. Like a suite or some other type of nice looking clothing to cover up the ugly attire in this game. At the moment just to be able to look at my V from time to time, I put on the virtual suite that we get when looking for Alt. Before I got that virtual outfit I put on the Bandage wrapping lol.

There is a mod over at Nexus that replaces hats with hairs, since anytime you put on a hat, it removes the hair, while copying the haircolour(s) into the custom hair that may come with the hat.
The nice thing about this mod, is that you get to change your hairstyle while you're at it.

Note that the invisible items that spawn in the game generally don't give any stats.

While I expect them to add full cosmetic slots, a simple helmet visible/invisible toggle would be a nice start for a game that clearly espouses STYLE is EVERYTHING

I've used the mod(s) where wearing certain hats changes the hairstyles and makes the hat "invisible", but they are way too limited on hair styles and often change the color of the hair, so are only barely useable. I too want a visible/invisible toggle of some sort.

This "mod" invisible armor, do not work, you get a invisible item, but they don´t have any stat, is just a piece from the game that is null.
The author should remove this mod.

This "mod" invisible armor, do not work, you get a invisible item, but they don´t have any stat, is just a piece from the game that is null.
The author should remove this mod.
No, they should not remove it. It's for those players who care about their looks more than their stats (and stats aren't really an issue on normal difficulty anyway). It's also used by some players only in photo mode.

I wouldn't mind helmets if they didn't make you look like a total jackass.

Seriously, a beanie, a cowboy hat, a mobster cap, a baseball cap, a headband that makes male Vi bald, and riot police headset. The only unique helm is the MaxTac secret helm.

Why can't we have more futuristic helms that show hair? So lazy with the fashion choices.

Virtually 90% of the clothes make you look like trailer trash or super retro. Very few futuristic high tech apparels.

No, they should not remove it. It's for those players who care about their looks more than their stats (and stats aren't really an issue on normal difficulty anyway). It's also used by some players only in photo mode.
What is the difference between using a invisible piece that don´t add any stats, and don´t use nothing at all????

While I expect them to add full cosmetic slots, a simple helmet visible/invisible toggle would be a nice start for a game that clearly espouses STYLE is EVERYTHING
Why should you get the benefits of head armor while not getting any of the downsides? Don't like it, don't wear it. I really don't get complaints like this. You say you want your choices to have consequences, yet when you get consequences to go with your choices, you want them gone. Smh.

But if you don't care of the stats then you don't need to put on a invisible hat, so your argument falls dead in the water ;)

Yep I had a completely illogical argument there. That was really dumb.

Hope the bug gets fixed so invisible objects can have stats, then this will be useful.

Wish they could implement farming/crafting clothing mod slots, separate of actual clothing.
That way we could have invisible clothing items....
But I believe that would substantially reduce grind and time spent in the game. So not very likely..

Top Bottom