Invisible Inner Torso

+
Not sure what is causing this bug, but it has only started recently, when I have any (modded or not) jacket equipped my inner torso becomes invisible in the game world and character screen, when going into wardrobe the inner torso is visible.

I can fix this for a short time by unequipping my outer torso in the character screen and re-equipping it again, but after a while the inner torso is invisible again.

I am using a number of clothing mods, but I have tried deleting them all and it was still the same.
Also using UV Texture Framework, ErebusArms, Gorilla Nails, -KS- Unique V Avallonkao's 4k Body for Femme V
as well as a few CET mods but nothing else to do with the body or clothing.

I have seen another post about this but no answers as to why.

Any help on this would be appreciated as it is pretty annoying.

Thanks in advance

I am using a number of clothing mods, but I have tried deleting them all and it was still the same.
The issue could be in your save itself, so remove/disable mods might not fix the issue anyway :(
I think that someone had a "pre-1.6" modded outfit equipped which caused this kind of issue if the save is loaded in 1.6 (not sure, but to "fix" the issue, it required to downgrade the game in 1.52, unequip the outfit, then to return to 1.6...)

It is a new save game after 1.6, so if it is in the save there may not be a way to resolve it ? :(

Ah ok.
Unfortunately, maybe you'll have to perform a clean install to be sure it's not mod related :(
(If I remember, someone on PS5 had this kind of issue just at the beginning, before accessing to the apartment. But not sure that it was "recurrent" like you. I assume the issue was fixed by "simply" accessing to the wardrobe)

Yeah accessing the wardrobe shows the inner torso equipped but going back into the character screen it is still invisible, this only seems to happen with a outer torso equipped in the character screen though. if no outer torso equipped for stats (inventory screen) then everything works ok.

Yeah accessing the wardrobe shows the inner torso equipped but going back into the character screen it is still invisible, this only seems to happen with a outer torso equipped in the character screen though. if no outer torso equipped for stats (inventory screen) then everything works ok.
Very strange :(
(For me, it seem to be mod related, maybe this one : -KS- Unique V Avallonkao's 4k Body for Femme V. But not sure. Sadly, the only way to know, it's maybe a clean install, like I said)

OK thank you, i will play around with the mods, remove them a few at a time see if it fixes, if no luck I will have to try a fresh install, I am not great with installing mods, so hopefully it is something I have just not installed properly and can be fixed before having to delete everything.

Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated.

The why is fairly obvious, it's mods. No doubt about that. Installed or not, you have made changes to the game's files. Some of these changes may not get reverted when you simply uninstall the mods and, as @LeKill3rFou pointed out, might require a clean install.

One thing to keep in mind is that the culprit is not necessarily a mod that touches V's body. It's far more likely that it is but I stopped counting the number of times I modded a game and ended up fixing a mod related issue by removing/fixing a mod that seemingly could never affect the game in that way. It's just part of the issue, it can also be mods conflicting. It's the very reason things like LOOT exist for Bethesda's games.

Anyway, some of these mods haven't been updated since 1.5. I don't use them myself but from a cursory look they are purely cosmetic and most likely don't require much of an update if at all.

Are all your mods updated to their latest version?

Have you taken a look at the mod's pages to see if there were known conflicts? The very first comment on the Gorilla Nails page is from someone who didn't realize they were replacing files from the ErebusArms mod and couldn't get it working the way they wanted to.

Did you use Vortex to install those mods? Vortex can be great with Bethesda's games but it sucks with CP2077. If so, try installing them manually again. It may be one of them wasn't installed correctly.

Last edited:
I always check the comments/bug before installing to see if anyone has had issues with 1.6 or other mods I use, there were a few mods I installed but found I wasn't using them such as the Metro mod, so I go back to the website to see what files were installed and delete those from my folder.

I don't use Vortex I manually install.

I always check the comments/bug before installing to see if anyone has had issues with 1.6 or other mods I use, there were a few mods I installed but found I wasn't using them such as the Metro mod, so I go back to the website to see what files were installed and delete those from my folder.

I don't use Vortex I manually install.

Well, it seems like you have some leftover changes in there. That's the thing with CP2077 modding, removing the mod's files isn't cleaning up the game in many cases.

It's possible you actually caused the issue by removing those mods. The game could still be looking for these hooks even on a new save. It's the reason why I've been clean re-installing since 1.1, way before CDPR even made an official page for the process. The game just isn't good at reverting those changes. I never once had any mod related issues by doing this. Yes, it's annoying and it means restarting whenever there is a major patch but, luckily, those are few and far between at this point. Doubt we'll be seeing another one before 2023/the expansion in fact.

You could try re-installing the mods you currently have installed or even those you removed and see if that fixes the issue.

Whoop I found it lol, the culprit is Sleeves Mod, and it is in the bugs section, I must have installed before the topic was posted and I am sure it was a requirement for another mod I use/used.

Thank you again for the help, just glad I can use a damn jacket again in game without worrying about my character flashing everyone in Night City :p
Been having the same issue, so thank you for figuring that out! Just to double check, you haven't been running Sleeves at all, and that was the only fix? I kind of like being able to have sleeves rolled down, buuuut I would take being able to see my undershirt if I had to make the choice lol.

Top Bottom