Invisible steel sword -ingame

+
Invisible steel sword -ingame

Whats up people,

I started using red engine yesterday and I wanted to change an asset within the main Witcher 2 game I'm replacing the gwalhir sword from witcher 1 with another custom model I managed to get the custom assets working in engine and successfuly replaced the the blade model through the entity.

Now i decided to try and transfer my work to the main game (the untouched steam version of witcher 2) and I am seeing an issue. as some may know you can replace textures in game by created a similar path in the cookedpc folder (in my case : CookedPC\items\weapons\geralt_swords\swords_w1)
replacing the original sword textures work however the w2ent file causes the ingame model to disappear.

after a little detective work I relaized that the entity is rather small compared to the pack0 .w2ent file (2.2kb to 125kb) and i suspected that the pack0 version may have the .w2mesh asset inside unlike the redsdk version. by changing the directory inside the pack0 .w2ent file via hexeditor it causes the game to crash instantly

so I wanted to know if there was a way to "pack" assets into a redsdk .w2ent file similar to the pack0 version even with unmodified redsdk .w2ent files they cause other weapons to disappear

Thanks in advanced if anyone can help with this
pictures below

Top Bottom