Iorveth and Saskia [Spoilers]

+
Oh my goood I am so excited!

I think the scoiatael story line should be taking place during the events in W3 with the war going on and will probably be set in Dol Blathanna.

So that we can see that is going on in that part of the world!

Iorveth is dead.

So it seems that he might be in some Gwent singleplayer campaign. Didn't see this coming tbh but.... okay then.

Iorveth and Saskia are not my highest priority, but the new Art Dealer should have one or two paintings about them instead of some random persons ( or emhyr.. i dont think he have so many fans ^^) This would fit better in my opinion.

That's not bad meant, just saying ;)

Were true I think it would be way harder for him to say that, considering Iorveth is supposedly Marcin's favorite character.

I think it can't be hard if they waited after the release of HoS to say that he wasn't going to appear at all. I respect every opinions, but to conform with a gwent game when the character was meant and said to appear in the main game establish a negative precedent

---------- Updated at 03:07 PM ----------

So it seems that he might be in some Gwent singleplayer campaign. Didn't see this coming tbh but.... okay then.

Are there any proof of this? Or are just assumptions?

Last edited:
No proofs, but since Gwent just got announced i'd say it's pretty clear why Marcin showed up here. And they're no longer working on TW3, so it can't be an EE or cut content restored.

I respect every opinions, but to conform with a gwent game when the character was meant and said to appear in the main game establish a negative precedent

I agree, the continuation/conclusion of the Iorveth path is what I was anticipating for 4 years.

But if he will appear in the Gwent story mode it's better than nothing I guess....

I agree, the continuation/conclusion of the Iorveth path is what I was anticipating for 4 years.

But if he will appear in the Gwent story mode it's better than nothing I guess....

Maybe, But conforming with this allows them to keep doing what they did with Iorveth (cut a character a year before the realease and wait until the release of the first expansion to confirm it) with no consequences. That can't be good

---------- Updated at 04:26 PM ----------

No proofs, but since Gwent just got announced i'd say it's pretty clear why Marcin showed up here. And they're no longer working on TW3, so it can't be an EE or cut content restored.

True, but also could be nothing

It's interesting, that this topic is one of the topics with the highest amount of posts in the whole "suggestions forum". :)
I would really like to see more game content with Saskia (of course Iorveth too won't hurt), but I hardly can imagine how a proper story mode in a Gwent game could look like. Especially when Gwent (at least the version in TW3) does not care about the characters beeing dead (like King Foltest), alive, absolutely evil (like Gaunter 'O Dim) in the "wrong" faction (like Saskia who actually isn't a Sco'iatel) and so on.

Last edited:
Marcin's step from "They are both fine. Don't worry." to something like "Maybe he's fine, maybe he's dead."... should we worry now? This could mean one of at least two things:
1.) He's just trolling us... a little bit. o_O
2.) He got new information about at least Iorveth's situation since the last time and these are no good news. o_O

Last edited:
Marcin's step from "They are both fine. Don't worry." to something like "Maybe he's fine, maybe he's dead.".

There is a more logical explanation to that

---------- Updated at 11:19 AM ----------

2.) He got new information about at least Iorveth's situation since the last time and these are no good news. o_O

Does it make any difference?. Given that is the last Witcher game the result it's practically the same. We won't see him again

Last edited:
there will be no new expansion, they have already stated it, blood and wine was the last content for tw3,
the only thing we'll get are patches to fix technical issues, or maybe an enhanced edition, but i don't think they will add this characters, they think it would make no sense in the story if the wild hunt, maybe they add a simple contract like "missing miners"
i don't want to loose hope, but every day that passes makes it harder to keep to hope to see this characters again

I haven't played TW3 yet, downloading it right now. But as I heard, there is Vernon Roche included, so they could add some extra story, like what he would tell how he met Iorveth somewhere, for example. And then you'd need to play trough some quests (something like in prologue of TW2, when Geralt was talking to Roche). I would like that^ :)

Does it make any difference?. Given that is the last Witcher game the result it's practically the same. We won't see him again
Well, it's likely that it matters because the card game spin-off "GWENT" that was showed on the E3 will have a solo-player story mode (with several sub-stories in different times and places and with different main characters - some old, some new). From what I have read they showed an early version of it on the E3 where you can control a chosen character (in the E3 demo it was Geralt together with some mercenaries) in a 2D-World and the battles will then be fought in Gwent-style.

One of the many news links: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/06/the-witchers-gwent-spinoff-has-a-beefy-single-player-mode

So, yes, if Saskia and Iorveth are alive or where just killed off-screen does make difference. After there are so many requests from players that they should be shown again it would make sense when these two characters have their "screen time" in the new game.

Edit:
I personally hope that if Saskia and Iorveth are in the Gwent game that their story/stories offers a nice closure. No story from "the past" that leads to the same open end that already exists.

Last edited:
Top Bottom