Iorveth and Saskia [Spoilers]

+
Well they pretty much culled all the elves there which is why I suggested it would have made more sense for Syanna to actually get the Scoia'tel behind her.

I too think stand alone Gwent is more possible than Enhanced Edition.

---------- Updated at 02:54 PM ----------

Expansion finished, not one mention of Iorveth or Saskia in any dialogues. I was sooo hoping to see Saskia's father living in Touissant among humans.

This is the end guys, time to bid our favorite duo farewell I guess? : (

well about a week or so til E3 and I will completely lose all hope if an Enhanced or GOTY edition is not talked about. I wonder what the heck is stopping them from working on the Iorveth and Scoa'tael cut content and adding it back in.

but with Saskia it might be a lot harder to add her to this game of course because she's probably ruling over Vergen right now far away from Velen but still a letter would have been nice from her explaining just what the hell is going on over there and thanking Geralt again(even that would make me happy at this point), especially after the Nilfgaard invasion, really a shame they skipped over the war, god what a letdown.

I agree seeing Borch Three Jackdaws in B&W would've been great too, at least we would've been able to see her father and there might've been some dialogue there about her.

but with Saskia it might be a lot harder to add her to this game of course because she's probably ruling over Vergen right .

Vergen was destroyed. It was showed in the comic that they released with HoS. Iorveth leave Vergen with no clear reason (there was no explanation) and Saskia had to leave because, after Philippa's curse, she couldn't control herself and, eventually, she changed to their dragon form and began to kill everyone around. His actual location is unknown. Also, no explanation about that

Makes me wonder why CD Project RED were developing Iorveth in W 3 and then suddenly wiped him, without any dialoge line about him, even after 2 DLC's. Especially when they keep Roche and made him do major things in the game. Come on, even Odrin indirectly made it to the game.
As much as i hate recent Bioware games - they are more precise with their ingame decisions characters. :comeatmebro:

Hope to see Iorveth, Saskia, Siegfried and even that poor bastard Jaevinn in next Witcher game, maybe some of them as main characters, since there is an end to Geralts adventures :geraltsad:indirectly

Last edited:
Makes me wonder why CD Project RED were developing Iorveth in W 3 and then suddenly wiped him, without any dialoge line about him, even after 2 DLC's. Especially when they keep Roche and made him do major things in the game.
As much as i hate recent Bioware games - they are more precise with their ingame decisions characters. :comeatmebro:

Hope to see Iorveth, Saskia, Siegfried and even that poor bastard Jaevinn in next Witcher game, maybe some of them as main characters, since there is an end to Geralts adventures :geraltsad:

There is no confirmation of a hypothetical Witcher 4. TW2 could be the last time that we saw these two characters. IMO, they were cut because they complicated much the story. It had to be simple and understandable

I think so as well, that they were cut for the sake of simplicity in order to accommodate new players and not confuse them with too many returning characters.

Oh damn I so wish there was a 3rd DLC in the works : (((

Sorry but no. For the love of all that is holy please... if there is a Witcher 4 please... no connection whatsoever to previous games or the books. I implore CDPR. If you somehow try to weave something else from all of this you will never make everybody happy. Focus on Scoia'tel and bucket loads of people will roll their eyes because a lot of people might like them but equally many people absolutely loath seeing them again . Same goes for the north or having bucket loads of characters making cameos. The best writing in this game came for characters who were specially introduced for this game.

We have trodden all those paths littered with those names in 8 books and 3 games and a movie and tv show and a board game and what not... it's really getting old and the discussions of who to include and what not are getting ancient as well.

Don't worry hedop, see how much our choices from W2 mattered in W3? If there is W4 I guess it will be the same when it comes to the choices : D

There is no confirmation of a hypothetical Witcher 4. TW2 could be the last time that we saw these two characters. IMO, they were cut because they complicated much the story. It had to be simple and understandable

Would it complicate the game to - according to W2 save-game import world state - make a short cameo of Iorveth and Saskia if Geralt took Iorveth path in W2? Or actually, CDPR could even disregard save-game world state and have Geralt meet Iorveth who is on the run (again), that would not complicate matters that much, would it? Geralt meets Iorveth well before the paths branch out, so he would know the guy anyway (unlike the thing with who the Dragon is that is path-bound).

Sorry but no. For the love of all that is holy please... if there is a Witcher 4 please... no connection whatsoever to previous games or the books. I implore CDPR. If you somehow try to weave something else from all of this you will never make everybody happy. Focus on Scoia'tel and bucket loads of people will roll their eyes because a lot of people might like them but equally many people absolutely loath seeing them again . Same goes for the north or having bucket loads of characters making cameos. The best writing in this game came for characters who were specially introduced for this game.

We have trodden all those paths littered with those names in 8 books and 3 games and a movie and tv show and a board game and what not... it's really getting old and the discussions of who to include and what not are getting ancient as well.

Although I do not quite agree with that statement, W4 focused on a different locale and on a different school than Wolf, e.g. set in Nilfgaard and focused on a Viper or a Manticore witcher might be pretty good.

Don't worry hedop, see how much our choices from W2 mattered in W3? If there is W4 I guess it will be the same when it comes to the choices : D

I don't want any choices to carry over from Witcher 3 because I think that should be the end of Geralt's saga. The man is 100 years old, has rescued his tyke twice, has found and lost the love of his life at least 3 times, died, fought every beast imaginable and did everything and more. That's it. Give him a friggin rest and lay the north to rest. Let's get a fresh faced witcher. Let's go through the trials ourselves. Let's have him live before or after Geralt. Let 100 years pass or go back 200-300 years so nobody remotely related is alive.

I doubt W 4 will be straight copy of W 3 with just upgraded graphics. And we need to keep in mind that time for Cyberpunk release, New AAA game and Witcher 4 develop.... the game will be ready in 2020-s - a lot of time to miss witcher series.
Also, it's not about "ride the same road again". Just mentions and encounters here and there, few sidequests and everyone will be happy

Would it complicate the game to - according to W2 save-game import world state - make a short cameo of Iorveth and Saskia if Geralt took Iorveth path in W2? Or actually, CDPR could even disregard save-game world state and have Geralt meet Iorveth who is on the run (again), that would not complicate matters that much, would it? Geralt meets Iorveth well before the paths branch out, so he would know the guy anyway (unlike the thing with who the Dragon is that is path-bound).

No, it wouldn't. But I think that someone thought that Iorveth was too complicated and decide to cut him and there is nothing we can do. They made the decision and they won't chnage it

I doubt W 4 will be straight copy of W 3 with just upgraded graphics. And we need to keep in mind that time for Cyberpunk release, New AAA game and Witcher 4 develop.... the game will be ready in 2020-s - a lot of time to miss witcher series.
Also, it's not about "ride the same road again". Just mentions and encounters here and there, few sidequests and everyone will be happy

So how do you explain to the people who chose Yen or Triss that: "Oh btw Geralt didn't settle down after all?" You simply can not follow this thing up because it means you have to cut nearly every character. You can't have Yen in a meaningful way because a lot of people might not have chosen her as a love interest so chances are she is off somewhere on her own and is pissed off to no end at Geralt. Can't have Triss cause a lot of people might not have chosen her so she is in Kovir doing her own thing and advising the king. Why would she come thousands of miles? Can't have some world ending ploy because the Wild Hunt is defeated and for at least 50% of the people the white frost is too. Can't have Lambert cause he might be dead, can't have Keira cause she might be dead, can't have Vesemir cause he is dead, can't have Letho cause he might be dead, can't have Ciri cause she might be dead, alive and a witcheress or an empress, can't have Regis cause he might be who knows where, can't have Djisktra cause he might be dead, can't have Radovid because he might be dead, can't have Temeria cause it might not exist, can't have Emhyr cause he might be dead, can't have Roche and Ves cause they might be dead, can't have Thaler because he might be dead, can't have Crach because he is dead, can't have Cerys because she might be the queen, can't have Hjalmar cause he might be the king.

Witcher 4 can not be in any way connected to Witcher 3 or Witcher 2 because you simply have no way of accomodating all these choices in a meaningul way and this time there are simply too many to ignore or cut out. If we are talking about an expansion I would be fine with something connected to the Scoia'tel although again I do think that it might annoy lots of people because it's about 50:50. Half the people want something never explored before like Offier, Nazir, Zerrikania or Mahakam and half the people want Dol Blathana or Brokkilon.

You do have a point. Although W2 had its fair share of various possible states and the world-state import of W3 (or just the plain simulation feature) handled that quite well. Not perfectly, as wee see with Iorveth, Saskia (and others character, like Anais, who might seem a minor character, but given how the W3 start with Temerian resistance going on, she should have been mentioned at least) etc. etc. but overall, given the complexity of possible decisions in W2, it was handled well.

I think that most of what you point out (who might be this or that, alive or dead, realms being such or such etc. etc.) can be handled by world-state import, depending on what is being encoded in W3 end-save. Of course, there will always be compromises, something like Thaler being in W3 regardless of a possible choice in W1 (who would take that choice, seriously... but it was there and suddenly it did not matter in W3 - of course, you might retcon it that in that particular situation in W1 it was Thaler's double or whatever...). But most of the things like alive-dead, married-to-A/B or never settled etc. etc. can be probably carried over through the W3 end-save import (if it contains flags for those states regarding Geralt and NPCs).

I would also like Dol Balthana / Brokkilon story line, I am sure that DCPR would be able to pull off something quite nuanced well within the morally grey Witcher universe regarding the struggle of the Elder Folk. I would definitely like Iorveth as a protagonist, but as you say, there are people who would not like it probably that much.

Anyway, if CDPR ever does W4 they could, as you say, very well may situate it in a different time-frame or in a different realm. But they might quite easily - if they got right the W3 end-save import regarding world-state - make continuation of W3, I hope with a different witcher, though, as Geralt really deserves his retirement. With world-state import done right, Geralt's and various W3 NPCs cameos would not be a problem and would probably be welcomed by most fans.

I did not say it can't be carried over. I said the problem with it is that it's a lot of ballast because it means that you can not actually involve any of those people and states in question in any of the major quests because half of the people might be dead and it gets really hard to write a quest that has to take into account that some people might be alive and some dead. You can see that best with Letho. He has a quest that is basically 10 minutes long. 8 minutes of conversation 2 minutes of riding. After that he shows up at Kaer Morhen, has like 2 lines and another 2 during the fight. You don't see him in any of the Kaer Morhen cut scenes and he even rides out like half a minute behind Geralt and Lambert.

That is exactly what you would get with a world state import. A bunch of half arsed quests because 50% of the people have not made that choice, a bunch of good characters that can not play a main part because they might be dead or what not in the world state. Same goes with Saskia in the W3. You'd have to include her cursed and uncursed which means you would have to put a quest in between which a lot of people would find offputting, you would also have to explain how Philippa lost so easily controll of her. W2 was much easier because basically most people survived. Stannis didn't matter. Henselt was either dead or invaded but again his character is irrelevant. Sila might die by your hand but she is also negligable. Letho could die and you see how that turned out. Anais was either in the hand of Natalis, which in the end didn't matter as Temeria was invaded and Natalis probably slain or Radovid which would not matter either because he might simply use her later on and when he died she probably got lost in the tumult surrounding his death.

That's easier than having 50-60% of the main characters being possibly dead and another half of them having vastly different fates. Henselt, Stannis, Anais, Natalis were never close to Geralt or major characters. They were side theathre at best.

Well, yeah, what you say... that is why W4 either better involves a new witcher, since even with what you pointed out, Geralt and his funny bunch would still be able to make a Letho-worthy cameo. OR If CDPR decides to pull Geralt out of retirement, they can just send him far, far away (like Zerrikania or whatever), with the only variables that would be relevant would be who he retired with (if he retired, or how he got out of the swamp suicide), what's up with Ciri...and that is pretty much it. And even those variables and NPCs might play minor roles in the prologue... and we are good to go.

With world-state import done right, Geralt's and various W3 NPCs cameos would not be a problem and would probably be welcomed by most fans.

That is unfortunately yet to happen in a Witcher game, so I would personally rather not have the endings of TW3 ruined for the sake of providing fan service cameos in a future game.

Sorry, but discussing a hypothetical new witcher game and a proper save import from TW3 (which, seen the current save import of TW3 and how devs have cared about solving this problem, it's very unlikely) it's not the subject of the thread and I would like return to Iorveth and Saskia. Basically because If we don't do it the moderators will close the thread

Sorry, but discussing a hypothetical new witcher game and a proper save import from TW3 (which, seen the current save import of TW3 and how devs have cared about solving this problem, it's very unlikely) it's not the subject of the thread and I would like return to Iorveth and Saskia. Basically because If we don't do it the moderators will close the thread
Well, since there is no hope seeing them in W3 - I'd say we can discuss their hypothetical appearance in future game. I don't think that goes beyond our topic - Iorveth and Saskia in witcher series :nice:

Well, since there is no hope seeing them in W3 - I'd say we can discuss their hypothetical appearance in future game. I don't think that goes beyond our topic - Iorveth and Saskia in witcher series :nice:

Ok, I suppose no moderator could say nothing against that argument. Anyway, IMO there won't be a Witcher 4. Not until they have finished with Cyberpunt and it's sequels and that could be 10 years. Also, if a character wasn't consider important for this game, a seriously doubt that they will included in the next one. And to that you have add CDPR's tendency to develop games that seems sequels but, in the end, they are really standalone games. All these factors makes me think that they are gone. In the most ignominious way

Top Bottom