Iorveth and Saskia [Spoilers]

+
Well tbh it might actually be easier to include characters like these in a Witcher 4 since I personally think a Witcher 4 would be wholly unrelated to Geralt and his lot. Saskia is fairly young given that she was born maybe 25 years ago or so, since Vergen is lost she would probably be on the prowl again and not exactly try and throw her lot in with Dol Blathana... so there might actually be a nice chance of including her as an older dragon. I always advocated for a Witcher 4 being either set at least 100 years after Witcher 3 or 200-300 years before Geralt was born. The latter would give you the chance to include Saskia's dad as a fairly young dragon, the other would allow you to have Saskia aged 125 years old, with much more experience and a lot of distance between all those events so you could give her a more dense narrative. It would be a bit of a waste to have characters who were CDPR's own creation, to some extent, just go to waste, especially when talking about those two who can become old as dirt.

Same goes for Iorveth. You could set something 200-300 years before Geralt with him being extremely young, maybe even have part of his story told as to why he became such a ferocious scoia'tel in the first place, or 100 years later, as a more mellowed out version of himself because, like you could sort of glimpse in W2 at the end, he starts to realize, thanks to his age, that the war is leading nowhere besides wiping out the elven race because instead of having children and making a life for themselves young elves fight wars and whole generations perish leaving the old and wise but infertile. He could actually be the Regis of a new witcher, a guy with the hindsight of several hundred years of life.

You wouldn't even need to touch on W2 because it has either not yet happened or is ancient history and in Saskia's and Iorveth's life basically a mere glimpse on the radar. What is a year or so in the life of beings who can grow hundreds of years old?

I'm just angry about this decision and no I won't buy Cyberpunk because of this! :-

Last edited:
I don't think Ciri would make a good protagonist.

A nerf of her powers and remove the teleport dodge and charge but keep blink which can be upgraded as the game goes along and I think she is fairly balanced.

Last edited:
A nerf of her powers and remove the teleport dodge and charge but keep blink which can be upgraded as the game goes along and I think she is fairly balanced.

That's like taking Geralt's mutant powers away. Sorry mate but it's not like we are talking about her being Karate Kid. That's stuff she was born with. How on earth can you have a protagonist who is basically a god? She can go backwards or forwards in time, she can teleport herself anywhere she wants, she basically can not be beaten in a fight because in the end she can simply scream an army to death, she has witcher school training oh yeah and she probably has a Witcher/elven lifespan. Not very appealing, especially now since she mastered her abilities. Furthermore I personally think her videogame incarnation is a throroughly dislikeable character. But that'snot really the point. The point is she is a living, breathing deus ex machina and basically constantly in god mode.

Most importantly though a lot of people might have chosen the ending of her becoming empress which is kind of a big deal so you can't really explain that one away easily. Furthermore it would just be a boring continuation. She knows the same people, has visited the same places and some more and basically is a know it all as well. Again... that does not bode well for her being the leading character. It would be basically mini, female, all powerful Geralt. For crying out loud she even has the same hair colour and a nasty scar on her face as well. You might as well have Geralt train a clone.

What a Witcher 4 games needs is a new protagonist. It might even be female, although that would be a massive stretch since every witcher in existence and memory has been male and nobody has ever heard of a female witcher and done any research into it. I might even go along with an elven witcher, since the school of the cat did have them, although I don't think that would be good thing because you are already a mutant... chances of getting hired by anyone as a mutant elf are... well let's say slim at best. Personally I stick to what I said. Either have something set way before Geralt and Vesemir, which would make sense because back then they still trained Witchers, or something way after, which might make sense because some kingdom (maybe Kovir) might have actually funded a new witcher school because they realized that with only 1 or 2 witchers remaining in the world the monsters have actually bred like rabbits so it's prudent to create a new batch of witchers. Kovir would probably be modern enough to do something like that.

I don't think Regis should be involved because I think his return was shitty already and not well explained. I do agree that you could have Iorveth. I'm not sure about major supporting character. I might even set him as an antagonist in his young days or as some sort of wise sage elf who wants to talk some sense into the new witcher when he goes off to fulfill stupid contracts, if you set it 100 or 200 years after W3. Same goes for Saskia. Again... I don't think they lend themselves to be major supporting characters. Big characters in a story yes but they aren't the type to tag along... after all.. Saskia is a powerful dragon and Iorveth is pretty much an indivualist with several hundred years under his belt. Furthermore... like Ciri they are too omnipotent for me to be supporting cast. Saskia is a dragon for christ's sake and the daughter of a golden dragon and will, at over 100 years old, in the game I'm proposing, probably be the size of Godzilla. Iorveth knows it all, has seen it all and lived for hundreds of years... that takes away every sense of discovery and finding your way in the new history of a game because any person would say: well i'll just ask them, have them tell me a story and believe their interpretation. Nah... not my cup of tea.

As I red the announcemnt that Iorveth and the Scoia'tael won't be in the Witcher 3 I was very angry. Wild Hunt is the last Part of the Witcher series and the decision to let this big part of the story open is in my eyes the biggest misstake in CD Projekt history.

Like other Fans I hopped and aspected that we see Iorveth and his Scoia'tael in a DLC again but now there is only a bad apologize. The game developers of the Mass Effect series Bioware made a patch to make the disappointing end of Mass Effect 3 better.

If this is realy the end of our expectation I won't buy any other game from CD Project. The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt is a great game but the developers promissed that the decissions from Assasin of Kings would play a role in Wild Hunt and that we see Iorveth again. Everytime when I play Blood and Wine I am angry. It is a good DLC but I feel mocked. I won't be disapointed be so disapointed again.

If you wan't to bring the story to an end bring it to a good end!

Well tbh it might actually be easier to include characters like these in a Witcher 4 since I personally think a Witcher 4 would be wholly unrelated to Geralt and his lot. Saskia is fairly young given that she was born maybe 25 years ago or so, since Vergen is lost she would probably be on the prowl again and not exactly try and throw her lot in with Dol Blathana... so there might actually be a nice chance of including her as an older dragon. I always advocated for a Witcher 4 being either set at least 100 years after Witcher 3 or 200-300 years before Geralt was born. The latter would give you the chance to include Saskia's dad as a fairly young dragon, the other would allow you to have Saskia aged 125 years old, with much more experience and a lot of distance between all those events so you could give her a more dense narrative. It would be a bit of a waste to have characters who were CDPR's own creation, to some extent, just go to waste, especially when talking about those two who can become old as dirt.

Same goes for Iorveth. You could set something 200-300 years before Geralt with him being extremely young, maybe even have part of his story told as to why he became such a ferocious scoia'tel in the first place, or 100 years later, as a more mellowed out version of himself because, like you could sort of glimpse in W2 at the end, he starts to realize, thanks to his age, that the war is leading nowhere besides wiping out the elven race because instead of having children and making a life for themselves young elves fight wars and whole generations perish leaving the old and wise but infertile. He could actually be the Regis of a new witcher, a guy with the hindsight of several hundred years of life.

You wouldn't even need to touch on W2 because it has either not yet happened or is ancient history and in Saskia's and Iorveth's life basically a mere glimpse on the radar. What is a year or so in the life of beings who can grow hundreds of years old?

Saskia and Iorveth could have fit in TW3 perfectly. Also, they could fit perfectly in TW4 as you said. The problem is that they weren't considered enough for TW3 and, probably, will happen the same for TW4. Also, CDPR has insisted on create new and independent stories and if we have to judge looking on their save imports it would be weird to see them in a game when they weren't considered enough for it's prequel. I try to make my assumptions based on the facts that we have seen and not what I would desire. The facts are that many fans have asked for Iorveth and the studio simply has denied the possibility of recovering his cut content so I don't think that they will suddenly change their minds even if it's another game.

Also, even when I respect it, I don't understand a discussion about Iorveth in TW4 when this game it's not in CDPR's plans and we all have seen that they don't change their plans. It's wonderful to think in all the possibilites that crosses our minds but I prefer to stand in reality, Iorveth and Saskia are gone except for a comic strip and there is no guarantee that we will see them again. The inclusion of characters it's not a matter of coherence or if the characters fits in a new witcher game. It's a matter if CDPR wants to put them and I think they've already answered to that

Last edited:
As I red the announcemnt that Iorveth and the Scoia'tael won't be in the Witcher 3 I was very angry. Wild Hunt is the last Part of the Witcher series and the decision to let this big part of the story open is in my eyes the biggest misstake in CD Projekt history.

Like other Fans I hopped and aspected that we see Iorveth and his Scoia'tael in a DLC again but now there is only a bad apologize. The game developers of the Mass Effect series Bioware made a patch to make the disappointing end of Mass Effect 3 better.

If this is realy the end of our expectation I won't buy any other game from CD Project. The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt is a great game but the developers promissed that the decissions from Assasin of Kings would play a role in Wild Hunt and that we see Iorveth again. Everytime when I play Blood and Wine I am angry. It is a good DLC but I feel mocked. I won't be disapointed be so disapointed again.

If you wan't to bring the story to an end bring it to a good end!

Agree

---------- Updated at 08:07 PM ----------

the never said that iorveth was in tw3 and they said that he was not in blood and wine

Yes, they did. Even they said that he was a different kind of man

Saskia and Iorveth could have fit in TW3 perfectly. Also, they could fit perfectly in TW4 as you said. The problem is that they weren't considered enough for TW3 and, probably, will happen the same for TW4. Also, CDPR has insisted on create new and independent stories and if we have to judge looking on their save imports it would be weird to see them in a game when they weren't considered enough for it's prequel. I try to make my assumptions based on the facts that we have seen and not what I would desire. The facts are that many fans have asked for Iorveth and the studio simply has denied the possibility of recovering his cut content so I don't think that they will suddenly change their minds even if it's another game.

Also, even when I respect it, I don't understand a discussion about Iorveth in TW4 when this game it's not in CDPR's plans and we all have seen that they don't change their plans. It's wonderful to think in all the possibilites that crosses our minds but I prefer to stand in reality, Iorveth and Saskia are gone except for a comic strip and there is no guarantee that we will see them again. The inclusion of characters it's not a matter of coherence or if the characters fits in a new witcher game. It's a matter if CDPR wants to put them and I think they've already answer to that

If you think that way you might as well close the whole thread. Because it's done. W3 is out and so are the expansion and no amount of bitching and whining will ever change that. The only recourse you and we all have it to envision something for a W4 and maybe, if there is enough support for it and the ideas are good enough some of them might actually come to fruition.

if there is enough support for it and the ideas are good enough some of them might actually come to fruition.

There is a dev comment in this thread saying that we can always came up with new ideas, but they prefer their own way. To me, that is a prove that they take little of what is written in this forum. Little or nothing. Basically because it's not just Iorveth's thread. It has happened with almost every suggestion

If you know of one, just one, story suggestion (except for Triss content) that has been accepted, please, let me know

Last edited:
They did say at the very beginning after announcing W3 that Iorveth is a "different man now" when talking about the story of W3.

Since they never mentioned that he was actually removed from the game, everyone believed that he would be there based on that info.

They did say they won't be in B&W though.

They did say at the very beginning after announcing W3 that Iorveth is a "different man now" when talking about the story of W3.

Since they never mentioned that he was actually removed from the game, everyone believed that he would be there based on that info.

They did say they won't be in B&W though.

@cyberpunkforever this was what I meant

I for one am happy that that Iorveth and Saskia are not in B&W. Brave CDPR, I salute you for being able to move forward, invent new story lines and not cater to the community's every whim. I just needed to get that off my chest..

There is a dev comment in this thread saying that we can always came up with new ideas, but they prefer their own way. To me, that is a prove that they take little of what is written in this forum. Little or nothing. Basically because it's not just Iorveth's thread. It has happened with almost every suggestion

If you know of one, just one, story suggestion (except for Triss content) that has been accepted, please, let me know
Probably because the community is good at identifying problems but the solutions they demand are either expensive, not as good as they think, or nonviable.

I for one am happy that that Iorveth and Saskia are not in B&W. Brave CDPR, I salute you for being able to move forward, invent new story lines and not cater to the community's every whim. I just needed to get that off my chest..

Well, originality and moving forward are not exactly the main strengths of Blood and Wine regardless, given the expansion's focus on book characters (Regis and Anna Henrietta), and even the story and the only "new" character with somewhat decent amount of screen time were inspired by the books (The Lesser Evil and Renfri). It would be interesting to see what CDPR can come up with in a game with a completely new cast, should they have such plans.

Well, originality and moving forward are not exactly the main strengths of Blood and Wine regardless, given the expansion's focus on book characters (Regis and Anna Henrietta), and even the story and the only "new" character with somewhat decent amount of screen time were inspired by the books (The Lesser Evil and Renfri).

I couldn't have said it better.

By the way. I've just met the Lady of the Lake. I said it because could be the closest thing to an elf in Blood and Win

the never said that iorveth was in tw3 and they said that he was not in blood and wine

They said it in an interview for a game magazine before the release of Wild Hunt. I'm realy shure!

The developers said that Iorveth won't be happy to see Gerald, if we had chosen Roches way in Assasin of Kings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom