Iorveth versus Roche

+
Aver said:
He said: "Should I terminate them?". He asked if his orders are to terminate them. He didn't say that he is ready to do so or not. He helped Witcher in Nilfgaardian camp in ACT2 even tho Geralt kinda betrayed him earlier.

Iorveth isn't nice anymore if you choose Roche's path.
Iorveth can be nice even on Roche's path, but only if you gave his sword back, trust me. :)
And that "Should I terminate them?" Sounded more like "I do it if you ask for it" than " I don't want to do it, only if really necessary", but it is entirely possible that this is only my opinion. Also, there are dialogue choices where the first words of welcome from Roche in Act II Iorveth's path aren't that...kind.
Oh...and in my opinion, Geralt owed nothing for Roche, only that he catches the kingslayer, which he does, so no betrayal here by siding with Iorveth.

Aver

Forum veteran
Oh lord, I wanted to punch whoever came up with those "flashbacks"! That just sounded so out-of-character for Roche - he met Geralt in person just a few days before, had no problem helping him although he KNEW who he'd sided with, and now he wants to ~terminate~ him? What the actual hell? I like to pretend that scene was wrong and never happened, lol.

Yeah, I thought so too. I think only purpose of this scene is to give reason for Roche to be in TW3 and show why he don't have to pursue Geralt anymore.

He is nicer if you had given him the sword in Flotsam.

I didn't know that. But after I saw consequences of giving him sword... I just don't think that I want to give him sword just to see how nice he is ;).

Iorveth, not only because he fights for freedom and equality, but also because his path is the only way to meet up with some ooooold friends of Geralt. Yarpen Zigrin and Borch's daughter - Saskia.

I really, really sided with Iorveth because I was trying to think quickly and fast (I think the first time I get to the choice was very late night XD), and before chosing Roche and Iorveth I summarize de possibilities.

With Roche I would be sided with someone that really wants to get the Kingslayer, because he only cares about Temeria and every "dirty" job that he can do, he will do it with pleasure. Also, he always wants to go to the point. All that was cool, but Triss... I just made my Geralt like "TRIIIIIIIIIIISSS!".

Now, the thing with Iorveth is that he actually knew a lot about the kingslayers for the simple reason that he worked with them. Ok, he was an enemy just few minutes ago and even firmly wanted to kill you if needed, but after de Cedric talk... I just saw a big possibility in catching up the Kingslayer because of the knowledge, skills and 'cause he had various units who maybe could search for trails.

So I chose Iorveth. That path is really cool and in overall I prefer it over the other, but is a complete mistake if you want to know more about the Kingslayers. When I replayed with Roche's path, I got the feeling that there was more explanation of their doings and whereabouts.

So, in short: More happier with Iorveth, more informed with Roche.

Dona said:
Oh lord, I wanted to punch whoever came up with those "flashbacks"! That just sounded so out-of-character for Roche - he met Geralt in person just a few days before, had no problem helping him although he KNEW who he'd sided with, and now he wants to ~terminate~ him? What the actual hell? I like to pretend that scene was wrong and never happened, lol.
Right, but I think we can consider those canon (just as the Iorveth-Roche duel, which is worse if you ask me), so it doesn't matter how bad they are, I think Geralt and Roche aren't on the best terms (to put it mildly) if Gwynbleidd chose Iorveth. What will happen next? That we don't know yet... :)

DeargRuadhri said:
And that "Should I terminate them?" Sounded more like "I do it if you ask for it" than " I don't want to do it, only if really necessary", but it is entirely possible that this is only my opinion.
That actually makes a lot of sense :) It was Roche's angry tone that threw me off, but then again, he's always angry... :p

DeargRuadhri said:
Right, but I think we can consider those canon (just as the Iorveth-Roche duel, which is worse if you ask me), so it doesn't matter how bad they are, I think Geralt and Roche aren't on the best terms (to put it mildly) if Gwynbleidd chose Iorveth. What will happen next? That we don't know yet... :)
Doooon't mention the duel, it was one of the lowest points in the game, when it could've been the highest. Sigh. Those flashbacks or w/e were pretty bad, I only liked Radovid's to be honest. And Roche already forgave Geralt when they meet in the camp, so I don't see why they wouldn't be on okay-ish terms.

DeargRuadhri said:
What will happen next? That we don't know yet... :)
I think we have some good guesses. ;) Geralt will go to Nilfgaard to look for Yennefer, Nilfgaard will try to take over the world, because that's what they DO, and Geralt will be in the middle of a war zone when all hell breaks loose.

I don't like war games, so I'd rather have a TW1-type plot, but having a war with Nilfgaard IS true to Sapkowski, so...

I chose Iorveth the first time because it seemed better to my personal interests. Roche can take care of himself and the humans. He's been doing that for a long time when we meet him, but Iorveth has the kingslayer's ear, and since I want to find out who that is, being near his allies seems the more direct route. Roche can't easily infiltrate the elven camp, but I can. (of course, having played both paths several times now, I've since modified that thinking)

That actually makes a lot of sense It was Roche's angry tone that threw me off, but then again, he's always angry...

If someone acts like a complete asshole to Roche when they meet in Act 2 on Iorveth's path...well what do you expect.

Corylea said:
I think we have some good guesses. ;) Geralt will go to Nilfgaard to look for Yennefer, Nilfgaard will try to take over the world, because that's what they DO, and Geralt will be in the middle of a war zone when all hell breaks loose.

I don't like war games, so I'd rather have a TW1-type plot, but having a war with Nilfgaard IS true to Sapkowski, so...
I just can't wait to see when Geralt realizes
that father of his and Yennefer's "daughter" ( I know it sounds messed up)wants to conqer the whole continent. Ciri has to be in TW3!

CostinMoroianu said:
If someone acts like a complete asshole to Roche when they meet in Act 2 on Iorveth's path...well what do you expect.
I don't think I ever did, but that's what a new playthrough is for :>

Roche. Iorveth makes more sense in terms of getting closer to the kingslayers, but Roche gave the white wolf his life, and the opportunity to find the kingslayer when it seemed that death was all but certain. My Geralt can't turn aside from such acts no matter there motivation.

KnightofPhoenix said:
He still looks unamused.
This is the first time I see this picture, are there similar ones of the other characters?

Iorveth.
First I sided with him because I aided the scoia'tael in TW1 and wanted to be consistent (I have a thing for elves, it's incurable), plus he looked really cool in the trailers and being the hopeless Thief fan that I am, I also have a thing for sexy grumpy men with one eye. Thank God he turned out to be such a bro.

About that duel...

(I love this meme so much)

Aver said:
Nice spoilers for those who didn't read books. Congratulations!
Don't worry...they won't be reading it in the near future anyway, english translation of "Lady of the Lake" is like...10 years from now? Maybe 15 with the current speed of the translation : >

Aver

Forum veteran
Kristehpwnz said:
Don't worry...they won't read it in the near future anyway, english translation of "Lady of the Lake" is like...10 years from now? Maybe 15 with the current speed of the translation : >

You don't understand. They would be surprised playing the game. ;)

Top Bottom