Iorveth versus Roche

+
Not that Roche was a book character btw. He was created specifically for TW2 by CDPR, so whatever the Special Forces in the books did is irrelevant to his character and what he did or didn't do.

KnightofPhoenix said:
Another person who read the books told me ....

Yes, and I tell, and the other one tells you and... That's problem when a personne has a great personality cannot answer with a own mind without knowing the genuine plot. Maybe you, as me, interpret your own point of view when you read a book and you cannot separate it to get neutrality. And I assume you've decided do not read them AFTER playing TW3 for that reason.

But I am sorry cause that limit ours discussion ;)/>/> ... May I have to wait till 2014 :rolleyes:/>/>

I doubt he plans to read them at all, and such discussions ( from what he's stated ) aren't giving him any incentives to do so, quite the opposite in fact.

CostinMoroianu said:
Not that Roche was a book character btw. He was created specifically for TW2 by CDPR, so whatever the Special Forces in the books did is irrelevant to his character and what he did or didn't do.

Not that Iorveth was a book character btw. He was created specifically for TW2 by CDPR, so whatever the Scoia'taels in the books did is irrelevant to his character and what he did or didn't do.

CostinMoroianu said:
I doubt he plans to read them at all, and such discussions ( from what he's stated ) aren't giving him any incentives to do so, quite the opposite in fact.

Ouch... Are you his manager? />

Wichat said:
Not that Iorveth was a book character btw. He was created specifically for TW2 by CDPR, so whatever the Scoia'taels in the books did is irrelevant to his character and what he did or didn't do.

Actually he was a book character. Nice try though.

I also shall quote the Blood of Elves for the Special Forces and their creation:

'Ah, I've had it up to my ears,' sighed the customs officer, then took a swig from the skin and wiped his
moustache. 'I'm throwing it in, I'm going back to Aedirn. I'm an honest Vengerberger who followed his sister and
brother-in-law to Redania but now I'm going back. You know what, Geralt? I'm set on enlisting in the
army. They say King Demawend is recruiting for special troops. Half a year's training in a camp and then
it's a soldier's pay, three times what I get here, bribes included. This burbot's too salty.'

'I've heard about this special army,' confirmed Boatbug. 'It's getting ready for the Squirrels because the
legurar army can't deal with the elven commandos. They particularly want half-elves to enlist, I hear. But
that camp where they teach them to fight is real hell apparently. They leave fifty-fifty, some to get soldier's
pay, some to the burial ground, feet first.'
'And so it should be,' said the customs officer. 'The special army, skipper, isn't just any old unit. It's not
some shitty shield-bearers who just need to be shown which end of the javelin pricks. A special army has
to know how to fight like nobody's business!'

Ouch... Are you his manager? />

I actually bother reading posts on these forums, that's what I do. All I said was posted by Knight in some thread.

I probably will end up reading them eventually, but most certainly not before TW3. But yes a lot of comments are discouraging me, from trying to impose book Geralt, to how people say Nilfgaard and Emhyr are portrayed, to even the future of the continent being set in stone which I hope CDpR will ignore...etc

EDIT: oh special forces want half-elves? That's interesting.

KnightofPhoenix said:

Not just that either:

The Scoia'tael,' admitted Henselt, 'have become a real thorn in the backside. They're paralysing my trade
and transport, terrorising the farmers . . . we have to put an end to this!'

If the non-humans want war, they will get it,' threw in Foltest of Temeria. 'I have always been an advocate of mutual agreement and co-existence but if they prefer a test of strength then we will see who is the stronger. I am ready. I undertake to put an end to the Squirrels in Temeria and Sodden within six months.

Those lands have already run with elven blood once, shed by our ancestors.

I consider the blood-letting a tragedy, but I do not see an alternative the tragedy will be repeated. The elves have to be pacified.'

Hardly propaganda since he only says it during a meeting with Demavend, Vizimir, Henselt and Meeve.

Oh I don't think he was actually working towards equality but I doubt he was making life harsher for elves until the Scoia'Tael showed up. So yes empty talk I think.

KnightofPhoenix said:

Didn't The Paleface has RedSkins in his army rows to fight them? Or perhaps the English had no Indues in its rows, or Templars had Moors among his men? KoP , are you really surprise or you are just kidding? sadly, money is money... wherever and whenever you live....

I didn't say it surprised me nor did I imply it makes them moral. White colonialists had local allies all the time. Every empire did.

It just shows that they do not have a overbearing racist ideology that prevents them from being practical.

I was a bit surprised in that Blue Stripes were all human. Would have been nice to have a half-elf character.

There are no half elves in TW2 sadly.

It just shows that they do not have a overbearing racist ideology that prevents them from being practical.

Which is a very important point to take notice of with regards to the Northern Kingdoms.

KnightofPhoenix said:
I didn't say it surprised me nor did I imply it makes them moral. White colonialists had local allies all the time. Every empire did.

I was a bit surprised in that Blue Stripes were all human. Would have been nice to have a half-elf character.

no racist?? ouch... ok, while you are good to me for use I'm not racist even if I deny you your rights... that's fun...

I never said they are not racist, of course they are it's obvious.

What I said is that their racism is more complicated than 'kill every nonhuman you see.'
That it's not so prominent that it completely prevents them from having some practicality.

KnightofPhoenix said:
I never said they are not racist, of course they are it's obvious.

What I said is that their racism is more complicated than 'kill every nonhuman you see.'
That it's not so prominent that it completely prevents them from having some practicality.

Well, it's acomplex and quite realistic fantasy world. As it is asevered in other posts it is a mature context where is impossible to calified ones or others of good ones or bad ones because everyone, from their own point of view (Iorveth is convinced to be himself a patriot for Elven people), is acting right. Sadly (or happly, that's depend) this world as a fantastic world is a real world which already exist in Spawoski books. CDPR cannot change all that story just because we've made a personal world (thousands of them) with our deductions from the brief information they give us (absolutly clipped, of course, CDPR has not other choice in order to make a game), only can adds more stories avoiding betrayal the real Geralt they want to introduce to us.

If we wanna another cannon of happened facts in the past which doesn't influence in tw3's possible main plot then maybe we could change Geralt story too.

Wichat said:
Well, it's acomplex and quite realistic fantasy world. As it is asevered in other posts it is a mature context where is impossible to calified ones or others of good ones or bad ones because everyone, from their own point of view

My views on morality prevent me from using the words "good " and "evil" seriously, so you'll have no argument from me in that regard.

CDPR cannot change all that story just because we've made a personal world (thousands of them) with our deductions from the brief information they give us

No one asked for that.

All the evidence from both the book that was shown and the game refute your argument however that the special forces were created to carry out pogroms (aka random massacres on nonhuman communities). Until you prove your argument, as Costin did by quoting the book, I will consider your argument invalid.

As it is also irrelevant for the Blue Stripes after the war clearly do not carry out pogroms.

KnightofPhoenix said:
My views on morality prevent me from using the words "good " and "evil" seriously, so you'll have no argument from me in that regard.

Sorry, I'll never adress this idea to you personally but in general.

KnightofPhoenix said:

No one asked for that.

All the evidence from both the book that was shown and the game refute your argument however that the special forces were created to carry out pogroms (aka random massacres on nonhuman communities). Until you prove your argument, as Costin did by quoting the book, I will consider your argument invalid.

As it is also irrelevant for the Blue Stripes after the war clearly do not carry out pogroms.

well, when I read again the books maye I send you the text, I guess you'll never mind if Text is in Spanish... I'm not so desesperate to proof anything by searching among seven books... (or last 5) y less in a forum. I doesn't live for that />

Am I wrong? maybe, Am I the one wrong? I don't, at least you are here to put me at my place. Bad feeling. Don't worry anymore for my posts.

Top Bottom