Iris Effects File?

+
I'm looking for the script/file that controls the application of the iris red glow effect. I spent some time sifting through the scripts searching for references to "Olgierd" and "Iris" with no luck. Was wondering if anyone knew what file I should be looking for. The reason for this is that I want to apply the iris effects to other swords. I can add the functionality of the ability using tags on the weapons, but the swords won't glow when the heavy attack effect is ready or used.

Admittedly, even if I do find what I'm looking for, I'm not sure if I could even manage to make these changes. I'm curious on how difficult this would be as I initially intended to look and attempt to figure it out on my own. Insight on any of this is greatly appreciated.

Guest 2364765

It's a particle effect embedded in the w2ent file of the sword.

I think you can get to the file skacikpl refers to by unpacking \dlc\ep1\content\bundles\blob.bundle with quickbms.
In the extracted files navigate to the directory \dlc\ep1\data\items\weapons\swords\unique\olgierd_sabre.
There's 2 files there, olgierd_sabre.w2ent and olgierd_sabre_curved.w2ent. One of these is the sword's w2ent file.
Each of these has the same file embedded (ie in the includes section). I think that's the particle effect file skacikpl referred to. It is
\items\weapons\swords\witcher_steel_swords\sword_steel_fx.w2ent
The only place I can find a file with that path & name is by unpacking content\content0\bundles\r4items.bundle

You could try embedding this sword_steel_fx.w2ent file into the w2ent file of the sword you're trying to mod.
You can open & edit w2ent files using Sarcen's w3edit program WolvenKit. If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas.

Last edited:
Top Bottom