Iron judgement thoughts

+
It's like whoever was in charge of the expansion only knew about AQ as a MO leader. Absolutely no synergy or support for any archetype but the one that was already the most playable out of all MO leaders and never really needed a rework.
Could have left consume as a AQ limited archetype and focused on Dominance and Thrive.
You are more or less contradicting yourself there. The reason why AQ was reworked was exactly because she was the most playable of all MO leaders. As long as the old ability existed it was basically impossible to play consume without her, because she added 1 extra point to any consume that happened.
And leaving consume being limited to AQ is a really bad idea, because that means you limit deathwish which doesn't work without consume and anything else that does destroy allies. All in all that makes about 1/3 to half of the entire faction.

And having to add more support to Drone swarm after AQ was reworked is pretty obvious.

Besides, that your statement that there was "absolutly no synergy or support" for any other archetype is just plain wrong.
There were cards supporting basically every other bigger archetype(bleeding, thrive, deathwish, big boys) too, except Wild Hunt.

to be quite honest, i really dont like this expansion balance, dwarves will be tier 1, its just too much, they can manage to make a 10 point unit with 4 provision cost....twice.... plus those berserkers are really hard to remove plus all the other things that archetype allows.
also the new defender mech is really bad implemented, some guy a few posts back made a real good idea of how to implement it, i dont understand how this got past QA phase, another idea i had thought was for defender to act like a counterattack mechanic, in where if you target a unit in the same row as the defender, this one will counterattack doing 1 dmg or the specified amount to the engine that attack or to a random unit if you used a special card unless you target the defender.
Also a lot of leaders abilities are plainly dead after this expansion.

You are more or less contradicting yourself there.
Pretty sure I'm not.

And having to add more support to Drone swarm after AQ was reworked is pretty obvious.
That's called creating a problem for a solution. Consume/deathwish is still a completely dead archetype that can't realistically catch up to the current meta in the x number of patches it'll take to overtune it to tier 1. Now you get an AQ that'll still be the most playable MO leader for the foreseeable future but at least you can swap out its skin and pretend like nothing is wrong and MO was at all balanced for this rework that did nothing but make the best better and the worst completely unplayable. Considering AQ is just a single leader you'd think the priority would be for the rest of the faction archetypes instead of putting everything else on pause because a single archetype was keeping MO from being both balanced and playable. This was never the case for any other faction that actually had game ruining unbalanced archetypes.

If you're still falling for the "limiting design" excuse I feel like there's really no room for reasoning there.

to be quite honest, i really dont like this expansion balance, dwarves will be tier 1, its just too much, they can manage to make a 10 point unit with 4 provision cost....twice.... plus those berserkers are really hard to remove plus all the other things that archetype allows.
[...]
Was that any surprise after seeing the balance changes from 4.0 ?

Guest 4368268

I'm excited about the armor mechanic. I think proactive engine decks should be encouraged rather than just trying to board wipe/point vomit. A problem I have with it so far is that it benefits NR a lot, whose entire purpose seems to board wipe you from turn 1 (Lyrian Cavalry + cards that charge it) not only do they generate points per turn, they simultaneously make sure that you cannot.

That becomes very tedious to play against because of the amount of control you need to make sure your own cards even have chance of surviving. I like cards like Tridam Infantry or Trebuchet, but these cards that can target yours and gain charges per turn feel very oppressive. It's just the old problem of control + a body being too strong in my opinion.

For all it looked better, there's some mechanics I can see becoming OP - the fact Bleeding and Drain ignores Armour, for example.

Seasonal mode is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. I literally have NO idea what CDPR are thinking. It's stupid, broken and pointless.

This new expansion turn the game to a crap for me. I really don't want to play anymore. Why they deleted leaders? Why they deleted them from trees? Most importantly, why they added armor units without adapting all cards according to armor gameplay! This is so wrong. Time to give a break to gwent i guess.

I find it all really, really weird and very difficult to enjoy.

Opponents seem to pass at JUST the right time, or always seem to have a better deal than I do (seriously, how many times can Portal remain in the deck?????). Matchups against decks already honed to perfection, in perfect synergy. The game's been out, what, 2 days? It doesn't sit right with me. How does everyone in the game seem to have access to every gold card they could possibly want? Either the player pool is remarkably tiny, or there's just something wrong.

It reminds me very much of FIFA Ultimate Team. As a normal person, with a life and a job, I can't play any game for 24 hours a day. But when I then decide to have a game, I appear to be matched up with individuals who have limitless card decks and perfect synergy already built in. God knows how this game must feel for new players - it's already quite confusing, with the mechanics, and once you reach a reasonably decent level you're steamrollered by net deckers or legacy players with access to all cards. The ability to practice and try seems to only occur to me - everybody I play already has a masterful deck, which surely isn't right?

I don't think CDPR can ever get it right. The new experience is abhorrent and for casual players it's very, very frustrating. I don't even think CDPR can be making much money, because it's the legacy gamers and netdeckers who are ruining everything, they trash every iteration of the game itself - I couldn't be less inclined to spend money on this to catch up, mainly because I've saved loads of feathers for Iron Judgement, managed to buy something like 40 kegs and got ONE rare gold, and about 3 or 4 gold/silvers. 200 cards, and I got 5 decent ones. Why? What's the point? I'm not going to spend money on RNG kegs to be let down time and time again.

My main problem with The patch is that The seasonal game mode is a game where you win If you win coinflip and lose If you don't

Dwarfes need a hotfix nerf.

The new dwarf synergy is just too strong with very little you can do about it.

The new dwarf synergy is just too strong with very little you can do about it.
Tell me about it. Played SY with the new broken cards, bled them r2 with the supposed dwarf tech (Surrender), went a card up, had Ewald in hand, didn't miss any points and still ended in a draw to token overload into CotF tree.

Tokens shouldn't have armor and they definitely shouldn't be costed equally across factions. Whoever thought SY tokens and dwarf tokens were equal in value shouldn't be doing the balancing in future updates please.

Last edited:
They really [messed up] this time!!!!! I was playing Gwent since closed beta and this is the second time i'm really mad at devs!!! This is just day 3, so things might change on their own, but balance has been absolutely afful for 4 months in a row. [ . . . ] Once again they turned my favourite game into unenjoyable garbage.
Some balance problems are to be expected when new stuff / big rework is released, but they failed to balance the game even last month when there was nothing happening. Since Novigrad every patch is worse than the previous one, and THEY KNOW IT, and despite that they not just refuse to do something about problematic cards, they are strait up magnifying the problems with new just as problematic ideas. In my eyes, this puts Gwent into same bag as entire EA - i refuse to give them a single cent until they prove, that they deserve it.

[...]

Edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
Abilities instead of Leaders? Just: WTF?!
Armor seems to be there to "protect" units only. I have found two expensive gold cards that directly turn armors into points. Other than those "the armor game" doesn't make much sense on its own. As such, it is as effective as shild already is. Tbh, I was excited to see a game element that I played in beta stage with success and flexibility. Only, this time it doesn't even seem to make sense.

I find it all really, really weird and very difficult to enjoy.

Opponents seem to pass at JUST the right time, or always seem to have a better deal than I do (seriously, how many times can Portal remain in the deck?????). Matchups against decks already honed to perfection, in perfect synergy. The game's been out, what, 2 days? It doesn't sit right with me. How does everyone in the game seem to have access to every gold card they could possibly want? Either the player pool is remarkably tiny, or there's just something wrong.

It reminds me very much of FIFA Ultimate Team. As a normal person, with a life and a job, I can't play any game for 24 hours a day. But when I then decide to have a game, I appear to be matched up with individuals who have limitless card decks and perfect synergy already built in. God knows how this game must feel for new players - it's already quite confusing, with the mechanics, and once you reach a reasonably decent level you're steamrollered by net deckers or legacy players with access to all cards. The ability to practice and try seems to only occur to me - everybody I play already has a masterful deck, which surely isn't right?

I don't think CDPR can ever get it right. The new experience is abhorrent and for casual players it's very, very frustrating. I don't even think CDPR can be making much money, because it's the legacy gamers and netdeckers who are ruining everything, they trash every iteration of the game itself - I couldn't be less inclined to spend money on this to catch up, mainly because I've saved loads of feathers for Iron Judgement, managed to buy something like 40 kegs and got ONE rare gold, and about 3 or 4 gold/silvers. 200 cards, and I got 5 decent ones. Why? What's the point? I'm not going to spend money on RNG kegs to be let down time and time again.
What netdecks? This is one of the most diverse metas I have ever seen.

What netdecks? This is one of the most diverse metas I have ever seen.

The decks that are available on the (inter)net? Yes, there's more diversity, but the fact people have "discovered", in hours, awesome synergy and just happen to have the scraps to craft every card needed smacks of copying.

[Was quoting moderated content.]

They really [messed up] this time!!!!! I was playing Gwent since closed beta and this is the second time i'm really mad at devs!!! This is just day 3, so things might change on their own, but balance has been absolutely afful for 4 months in a row.
[...]
Let us be real here, while the balancing (especially with ST) is appalling, the game is much, much better than the horrible mess the early homecoming was.
The game has become a lot less binary in design (see engine vs overtuned removal and artifacts as uninteractable engines (outside of binary techs), especially Summoning Circle).
Saying the game is worse than the earlier stages in homecoming is something I cannot agree with.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Was quoting moderated content.]

Let us be real here, while the balancing (especially with ST) is appalling, the game is much, much better than the horrible mess the early homecoming was.
The game has become a lot less binary in design (see engine vs overtuned removal and artifacts as uninteractable engines (outside of binary techs), especially Summoning Circle).
Saying the game is worse than the earlier stages in homecoming is something I cannot agree with.
I havent played much after HC was released. I was talking mainly about last 6 months.

I love it so far. I usually am stuck between rank 5 and 8 because I play lots of different decks, and it is very diverse.

A lot of viable strategies right now including opponent mill for Nilfgaard, Vyso for NR, Bleed for Monsters, and of course the **** dwarves and mystic echo, which is still overpowered.

The decks that are available on the (inter)net? Yes, there's more diversity, but the fact people have "discovered", in hours, awesome synergy and just happen to have the scraps to craft every card needed smacks of copying.

You made a lot of assumptions in that post but I will say that you are correct that the player base is small. I always expect my opponents to have access to any card they need for their deck. Someone having a good deck doesn't mean it was copied from the internet. It didn't take long for me after the patch to take some of my old decks and just add defenders and some of the new strong bronze cards to them and all of a sudden they felt really strong. With the player base being small it's not crazy to think that a lot of player base have the knowledge to make these decks themselves. There are still some streamers out there so inevitably some decks will be copied which goes with the territory. I don't know why anyone would complain about it if the meta is diverse like it is now.

I can't identify with any of your complaints about "the deal". I can't think of any time that I get mad at the game because I didn't draw certain cards. If that happens to be a problem I simply tech in tutors for the card that I want to be more consistent.

Yes, Philippa with no-lock, and "limited" xd to 9pts (namely, unlimited) Sieze that a) makes high values as for cost, b) kills enemy engine, c) brings you an engine+body. As if normal sieze wasn't annoying enough. Meanwhile, Slave Hunter gets a nerf.

Top Bottom