Iron judgement thoughts

+
Guys, what are your thoughts about all that armor? Bcs after seeing all those new cards i am getting increasingly worried about game balance and power creep.

Some leaders might become unplayable. I mean those who deal dmg, like princess adda, eithné, whoreson junior etc. And some cards too.
There should be added something like ,,armor penetration,, at least for leaders and maybe for cards which deal random dmg pings.

What do you think?

rrc

Forum veteran
At the very least, Eithné and Crach should ignore Armor for their ability (or should I say Precision Strike & Crach's current ability name). Otherwise they both will be become (even more) unplayable. Adda and Whoreson Junior would still be OK I guess as their prime purpose is to kill one engine, which I think can still be done after Armor update.

Think we are missing lot of details regarding the armor for now. For NR, I am very curious what happens to Lebioda or King Roegner. Lebioda wll be same (potentially worse, besides of not being row locked he is limited on the same row units) as Mantlet and Roegner might be crazy if Armor will be too prevalent. As NR was for now pretty much only fraction having some interaction with the shields, let us see..

I agree Adda and Whoreson could be fine, but from my pov depends on how the excess damage will be counted. If from unit's power, agree they might be fine or at least no worse as now. If armor is going to be included, is worth of consideration to update their abilities. Anyhow, Adda is weak already now. After changing Hubert, her ability is exactly suitable to remove one card plus get some bleedings maybe. Given her provisions, she is the only NR leader I have no deck built..

In general, happy to see Radovid back, but altogether not sure what to expect..

Not too impressed by the cards revealed so far. CDPR is trying to push some of the underwhelming archetypes back into the game.
What I want to see is the balance patch of the current archetypes where 'balance' is a dirty word at the moment.

Well, its gonna be interesting, we havent seen much yet, but i am already sure that they will have to do some intensive balancing.

It is actually funny to consider that Monsters have access to up to 3 defenders (Caranthir on Cave Troll, Cave Troll itself and then Wispering Hillock, once the defender tag gets purified (preferably on the Caranthir version)).
Although 2 of those a very low tempo, being able to protect very risky engines is nice to have.
I wonder if that is enough to make up for the massive Queen nerf.

Except that Monsters don't really have any engines they care about. Maybe the old AQ Consume deck, but even there it's not as important (to invest extra cards).
Slyzard, Vran, She-Troll and Kikimore Warrior are the first that I am thinking of, of course they do not have an engine overload, however actually getting a Kikimore to stick is neat.
Edit: Ge'els, Nekker, Mourntart and Imlerith also sound like good engines to protect, although in their cases Eredin is often enough.
Also I did not mean that having up to 3 defenders would be problematic, I meant that having the option is nice and based on future releases or reworks that might become relevant.

Monsters have more engines than in looks at the first sight. Defenders might be especially important for monsters, more important than for any other faction. Maybe deathawish will be finaly a valid archetype bcs geels wont die, get locked, moved or something else immediately after being played. And protecting those thrive units could be a life saver. Mosters miight have a winning chance ;)

Monsters have more engines than in looks at the first sight. Defenders might be especially important for monsters, more important than for any other faction. Maybe deathawish will be finaly a valid archetype bcs geels wont die, get locked, moved or something else immediately after being played. And protecting those thrive units could be a life saver. Mosters miight have a winning chance ;)
Exactly, Monsters has a lot of engines that are kind of bad, because they are too easy to remove and are pretty essential to stick.
Defender pushes those (maybe) into relevancy.
Also a Slyzard that does not play into tall punish (except Igni and Scorch) is very powerful for deathwish units.

I wonder about the Endrega Larva and how they make Nekkers absolutely obsolete (if not reworked).

Devs?

It's like whoever was in charge of the expansion only knew about AQ as a MO leader. Absolutely no synergy or support for any archetype but the one that was already the most playable out of all MO leaders and never really needed a rework.
Could have left consume as a AQ limited archetype and focused on Dominance and Thrive. Could have reworked any of the unplayable MO leaders or the shunned half of NG and ST leaders. Or maybe they should have reworked the leaders that will actually be buried by an update like this or ones that already died last update after some questionable card reworks.

Just realized there's not even going to be leaders anymore. Just abilities I guess. I don't know, it just feels really disappointing that we have to wait another handful of months before we can see armor properly "integrated" and the meta isn't just a 10 minute game of rock/paper/scissors or auto concede armor cheese.

I see the future of Monsters v Nilfguard....
Yen Invocate the defender...Calveit (or decoy, lol) them out... play Xarthisius/Helge. Fun times.

Every bronze card is 4p or 5p, and most of them are very similar to already existing cards, so i'm not too stoked about that. Golds look good tho.

It's like whoever was in charge of the expansion only knew about AQ as a MO leader. Absolutely no synergy or support for any archetype but the one that was already the most playable out of all MO leaders and never really needed a rework.
Could have left consume as a AQ limited archetype and focused on Dominance and Thrive. Could have reworked any of the unplayable MO leaders or the shunned half of NG and ST leaders. Or maybe they should have reworked the leaders that will actually be buried by an update like this or ones that already died last update after some questionable card reworks.

Just realized there's not even going to be leaders anymore. Just abilities I guess. I don't know, it just feels really disappointing that we have to wait another handful of months before we can see armor properly "integrated" and the meta isn't just a 10 minute game of rock/paper/scissors or auto concede armor cheese.

Yeah. Eredin is still dumb as hell.

Ill say it short , the game now is a broken mess. Why they removed leaders with that new shitty abilities trees? Defenders are non sense at all, im playing this game from the start but first time im mad because they ruined game for me..... game is going nowhere, why you need to fix what was working so well? why change everything...

Every time new mechanics. It makes harder balance the game. For example Philippa that steal a defender unit. No comment. Next days we will see a lot of problems....
Post automatically merged:

And the defenders ability broke all the game. It s now another game.

I find Defenders a very interesting concept, but unfortunately it seems poorly implemented and unbalanced. I think it would be much better if Defenders are low-strength units, like 2 - 3 points max. They shouldn't make other units on their row untargetable, but instead jump in front of a targeted unit to take as much damage as they can, with any remaining damage applied to the targeted unit. That seems a much more balanced and fun implementation to me.

Top Bottom