Iron Judgment is upon us!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Iron Judgment – GWENT’s third expansion, is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One! This update marks the return of King Radovid V as a new leader skin with 81 new cards for all 6 existing factions.

In order to celebrate the launch we’re giving everyone one Iron Judgment keg upon login starting from today till October 8th, 2019!

With the update we also have some new items in the shop:
  • Iron Judgment kegs containing only cards from the expansion
  • Game of Kings Pack (launch pack)
  • Alternative Novigrad Cardback
  • Zerrikanian Radovid Premium Skin
  • Season of Magic Bundle - containing all rewards from June Season of Magic plus additional avatar - Dethmold

There seems to be many new interesting cards with this update.

Among all the new archetypes, Dwarves might be my favorite. I like the idea that the rowdy dwarves are some kind of resources in themselves.

Arguably, dwarf archetype uses rowdy dwarves the same way as SY uses money, to a lesser extent of course.

As long as they are on the board, they affect the abilities of several other units (miner, Figgis, Munro, Zoltan Warrior…).
My main concern, however, is that they seem to be OP. Right now, there are 4 cards that allow you to play 3 dwarves immediately.

Knowing that there are also 3 cards that rely on the number of dwarves on the board (Zoltan Chivay, Barclay and Mahakam guards), the dwarf archetype promises to be aggressive.

I hope I’m wrong.

All in all, engines archetypes should be prevalent this season, thanks to all cards which allow to protect units (and Defender attribute might be a real problem).

DRK3

Forum veteran
Im excited to try the new NG soldiers, SC dwarves, MO new bug swarm and most of all, neutral bandits deck...

Except i cant play, because of the deck error bug :cry:

Opened up 30 kegs and I only found 1 ultra-rare (gold) and 1 rare (purple) as my 5th card. Anyone else this unlucky or are those the odds nowadays? Wasn't there someone who kept people's pull rates in the previous expansion? I did end up with 2 gold and 2 purple in total, so it's still bearable. Feels like it's gone downhill from the beginning of the game.

Also, it's quite laughable the blue bronzes were called "rares" officially. It's not 'rare' that you end up with more rares in your keg than commons, given that - when you're played the game for a while and reached LVL60, you get at least 2 rares. All bronzes kinda feel like commons, but hey... :)

24 golds. The most expensive expansion yet. If the chance of getting a gold is 1/15 (most likely it is 1/20, however there is also a chance that you get a gold at random), you have to open 360 kegs to collect them all (assuming a fair representation among the 'pick 1/3')

So for new players out there, I'd rather focus on collecting bronzes from previous expansions if you havent a full collection yet.

Also. Love the new Radovid-Africa skin.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Opened up 30 kegs and I only found 1 ultra-rare (gold) and 1 rare (purple) as my 5th card. Anyone else this unlucky or are those the odds nowadays? Wasn't there someone who kept people's pull rates in the previous expansion?

The average droprate for legendary cards is about 1 in 20, which means that getting only 1 in 30 isn't that big of a deviation for a test pool this small.

The average droprate for legendary cards is about 1 in 20, which means that getting only 1 in 30 isn't that big of a deviation for a test pool this small.
Are exact drop-rates known? Would be nice to know what you're buying.

Not officially, but by approximation. I've opened up over 1000 kegs and gotten the following drop-rates:
Epic drop-rate: 25,64%
Legendary drop-rate: 7,56%
It would be great if CDPR would follow the example of some major publishers and disclose drop-rates for transparency, allowing consumers to make informed choices. Doesn't CDPR have to do this on consoles from 2020 onwards?

Great, thx cdpr for rowdy dwarf spam. If you dont have new cards, you might as well not play gwentstone for a month.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Like on every expansion, i do my keg opening and record the results. In 130 kegs i got:

26 epics
6 legendaries
4 premium epics
1 premium legendary

Opened up 30 kegs and I only found 1 ultra-rare (gold) and 1 rare (purple) as my 5th card. Anyone else this unlucky or are those the odds nowadays? Wasn't there someone who kept people's pull rates in the previous expansion? I did end up with 2 gold and 2 purple in total, so it's still bearable. Feels like it's gone downhill from the beginning of the game.

Also, it's quite laughable the blue bronzes were called "rares" officially. It's not 'rare' that you end up with more rares in your keg than commons, given that - when you're played the game for a while and reached LVL60, you get at least 2 rares. All bronzes kinda feel like commons, but hey... :)
So far I've also opened 30 kegs I have gotten 2 gold legendaries (1 premium) and 5 epics (1 premium) and 4 bronze premiums. There however was a period during midwinter where I went 120 some kegs without a gold.

Not sure its just me but ever since this update I am seeing the wrong leaders on the gameboard both from my self and the opponent during a game. Ive seen now Jan Calviet steal cards and Meeve shoot arrows and so on

Also not that much a fan that with deck building you now cant pick a leader but have to select an ability or something.

Not sure its just me but ever since this update I am seeing the wrong leaders on the gameboard both from my self and the opponent during a game. Ive seen now Jan Calviet steal cards and Meeve shoot arrows and so on

See the patch notes: "Equip any Ability with any Leader skin for each Deck, so long as the factions of the Ability and skin match, or the skin is Neutral."

My feedback to CDPR for nerfs this season:
Dwarves Nerfs:
Provision Changes and Increased Cost:
Mahakam Guard – from 4 to 6
Dwarf Berserker – from 4 to 5
Mahakam Marauder – from 4 to 5
Zoltan Chivay – from 8 to 10
Figgis Merluzzo – from 9 to 10
Munro Bruys – from 11 to 12
Arguably: *Mahakam Defender – from 5 to 6
Ability Changes: Barclays Els is counting units from one row only

Other factions nerfs:
Power reduced:
Damien from 5 to 4
Sly seductress from 4 to 3

Dwarves Nerfs:

Other factions nerfs:
Power reduced:
Damien from 5 to 4

Fortunately you are not in charge of balance. The purpose of balance is not to kill an archetype just because you cannot handle it.

- Mahakam defender are perfectly fine at 5. They are still useless most of the time.
- Berserkers are 7 for 4 with random pings, on the long term. No change needed.
- The gold dwarves are already expansive
- Why not reducing sly seductresses by 1 point, but then add them 1 armor.

The only change needed might be Mahakam Guard, I would prefer 1 less power rather than prov. change.

Yes dorfs are strong, but their success is mainly due to the fact that the deck is straightforward and really simple. Overall the lack of control and the weak short round of the deck make it quite vulnerable and not as overpowered as everyone whine.

Dwarves Nerfs:

Other factions nerfs:
Power reduced:
Damien from 5 to 4

Yours might be a bit overdoing it as it might destroy the archetype entirely (not that many cheap dorfs out there) but they make more sense to me than the actual nerfs. My dwarf deck actually had provisions to spare, which was laughable, so the deck is still viable in my book. But the claim that the deck was "tier 0" (and will remain as such) is even more laughable. It's really not, with that few control options. While you're spamming dwarf points your opponent is abusing defenders and will often outpoint you if he plays it right. The Rowdy nerf is perhaps the most significant one. I doubt they will abandon the "2x spell" ability.

I wouldn't touch abilities except as a last resort. No ability is that powerful that you can't tax it in provisions.

I hope the next set introduces more "purify" options, because some factions received the bottom of the barrel there... And don't count "movement" as an option, because you need to respond immediately and they'll just proceed to stack the other row so that only works for row-based abilities.

edit: so, yeah, what SkiZo said :p (who called the nerf btw)

Top Bottom