Iron Judgment — newest GWENT Expansion Arriving on October 2

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

The North is on the rise and Radovid is back to bring justice to his enemies. Stand by his side or defy royal authority — whichever you choose, get ready for some of the fiercest battles in GWENT’s history.

Our animators are still working on Iron Judgment cardback to bring its central piece to life with beautiful animations, but we wanted to share it with you this work in progress preview.

Iron Judgment Pre-Order pack will be available for purchase only until expansion release on October 2nd. Don’t miss the opportunity to get it while the offer lasts!

NEW WAYS TO WAGE WAR

Utilize new tactics to get an advantage on the battlefield, reinforce your decks with elite warriors from all 6 factions, including 21 neutral cards. Iron Judgment adds over 80 new cards to GWENT as new (and returning!) mechanics:

Armor

Protects a unit from damage. This value doesn't count towards your score and/or the unit’s power

Many units from Iron Judgment expansion have armor, so finding a weak spot in enemies’ defenses can be a challenge. That’s when Stunning Blow comes in handy!

Stunning Blow

Exposed

Trigger this ability whenever this unit loses its Armor

When units lose their Armor unpredictable things can happen - sometimes it will make them stronger (or angrier), but sometimes that would be their utter doom, like in the case of Greater Brothers.

Greater Brothers

Barricade

Trigger this ability if a unit has Armor

Armoring up your units not only increases their life expectancy, but can bring additional benefits. That is if the unit with Armor has Barricade keyword. For instance, as long as Dwarf Berserker has any Armor, he will relentlessly attack enemy units.

Dwarf Berserker

Defender

Units with defender protect other units on a given row and need to be targeted first by your opponent.

Heroes always arise in times of war and strife to protect the innocents (or valuable engines). Units with Defender ability always ready to take the beating protecting more vulnerable allies on the same row.

Cave Troll

We will be revealing more Iron Judgment cards every day until the release of the expansion on October 2nd, you can check out the reveals here.

The biggest question is, why is the Redanian army fighting a dwarven army (as shown on the dwarf berserker).

And while defender seems strong, it doesn't seem to be so different from Sukurs, who doesn't seem to see much play so far.

So from what we see in the trailer we are getting:
-Redania for NR
-Salamandra including Mutants for SY
-more dwarves for ST
-some kind of berserkers for SK
-trolls and other large monsters for MO
-knights(?) for NG

The biggest question is, why is the Redanian army fighting a dwarven army (as shown on the dwarf berserker).
[...]
So from what we see in the trailer we are getting:
-Redania for NR
-Salamandra including Mutants for SY
[...]
Why would those be Scoiatael units ?
Based on the Witcher 1 the Mutants (including Azar Javed) are the secret underlings of Jacques de Alderberg, who is the leader of the Order of the Flamming Rose, which are in direct war with the Scoiatael, so why would the shadow organisation of the anti-Scoiatael organisation fight for the Scoiatael ?
(The ending, in case Geralt supports the Order of the Flamming Rose, even includes the Order succeeding in eradicating most of the local Scoiatael, not to mention that in a mirror Geralt actually sees that Radovid is fully aware of the Salamandra, not to mention the Mutations are (in the epilogue) actually part of the army and plan of Jacques de Aldersberg).
Edit : The Mutant (one the "Greater Brothers") has Fee, which is a Syndicate exclusive keyword (which makes some sense, given that Syndicate is basicly including a criminal organizations in general and according to the wikia Djikstra secretly supports them).

Last edited:
Why would those be Scoiatael units ?
Based on the Witcher 1 the Mutants (including Azar Javed) are the secret underlings of Jacques de Alderberg, who is the leader of the Order of the Flamming Rose, which are in direct war with the Scoiatael, so why would the shadow organisation of the anti-Scoiatael organisation fight for the Scoiatael ?
(The ending, in case Geralt supports the Order of the Flamming Rose, even includes the Order succeeding in eradicating most of the local Scoiatael, not to mention that in a mirror Geralt actually sees that Radovid is fully aware of the Salamandra, not to mention the Mutations are (in the epilogue) actually part of the army and plan of Jacques de Aldersberg).
According to the trailer and the revelas the Great Brothers and Azar Jarved are both part of SY. And Salamandra is a lawless and bandit organisation and therefore fits perfectly into Syndicat. So I see no problem with that.

And concerning why the dwarves are part of ST, I don't see any other faction they would make sense to be in.

According to the trailer and the revelas the Great Brothers and Azar Jarved are both part of SY. And Salamandra is a lawless and bandit organisation and therefore fits perfectly into Syndicat. So I see no problem with that.

And concerning why the dwarves are part of ST, I don't see any other faction they would make sense to be in.
Then why do the Greater Brothers have a Syndicate exclusive keyword ?
Also I am unsure of how the trailer shows them to be Scoiatael cards (because Azar Javed is surrounded by a green coloured mist ?).

Also i did not question the Dwarves being Scoiatael units.

Very cool trailer! Exciting to see some of the amazing beta cards coming back, together with Armor, one of the most interesting (and non-binary!) mechanics. Please tell me that Radovid and other new leaders will have their own unique bad-ass leader abilities.

Then why do the Greater Brothers have a Syndicate exclusive keyword ?
Also I am unsure of how the trailer shows them to be Scoiatael cards (because Azar Javed is surrounded by a green coloured mist ?).
I'm not sure if the keyword is SY exclusive. But Greater Brother definetly has the Syndicate colour in the card reveal section and you can see Azar Jarved being part of the hand of the Syndicate player in the trailer. The green coloured mist is just part of his artwork and doesn't mean that he is ST at all.

SY = Syndicate
ST = Scoia'tael
My bad, it appears I totally misred that initial post (I guess due to hearing people state Salamandra could be ST support a while ago I was not reading properly).

I'm not sure if the keyword is SY exclusive. But Greater Brother definetly has the Syndicate colour in the card reveal section and you can see Azar Jarved being part of the hand of the Syndicate player in the trailer. The green coloured mist is just part of his artwork and doesn't mean that he is ST at all.
Which was my point, though I missed him being in the hand, so that is pretty much a much better argument that the ones I presented.

This is great but now that i discover i can't sync my PS4 account with my future iOS account where should i preorder ???

My bad, it appears I totally misred that initial post (I guess due to hearing people state Salamandra could be ST support a while ago I was not reading properly).
Now the whole discussion makes a lot more sense. xD

By the way, has anybody an idea what Knickers ability means? Raiding the battlefield?

[...]
By the way, has anybody an idea what Knickers ability means? Raiding the battlefield?
In Thronebreaker he can randomly "consume" a card in one's hand, strenghening himself by 10.
So maybe it could "eat" a random ally (based on how that wording plays out in Thronebreaker).

I skipped SY update entirely (not interested in just 2 decks of one faction), but this time will definitely try to craft all of those cards asap :O (yes I have no scraps).

Guest 4368268

So glad to see armor is back! Now locks can be the main form of control which will then also make purify worth more and damage worth less (which is what they've been striving for) see nothing but positive effects here.
This expansion will hopefully and finally make me warm up to Homecoming more. Hope there's gonna be a cheaper alternative pre-order BTW.

I'm all for supporting the game financially (and significantly have) but these €forty-something ones are a bit too much for me.

Top Bottom