Iron Judgment — newest GWENT Expansion Arriving on October 2

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, my hiatus from Gwent and Gwent forums, which was scheduled to last 1.5-2 months, lasted... exactly 1 week.

I wasnt gonna see the challenger, but i decided to take a peek for the leeks, and didnt expect to see already a release date for the last expansion, even before the iOS launch! But i shouldnt be surprised by now, the Syndicate update was the same thing, i was only expecting it in 1-2 months later, and it was announced and released in the blink of an eye...

I guess it's the new format CDPR chose for Gwent, expansion every 3-4 months, they will never balance it out into a great state, but the increase in new players lured by constant new content (and mobile releases) will probably outdo the benefits of balancing out everything existing now and no new content released in that process.

I also see an increased focus on cosmetics and MTX, i can live with that, but im afraid the disconnection of leader abilities with leaders and the casual mode "Lockout" were/will be 2 big shots in the foot that wont heal quickly, maybe they can still avoid those mistakes.

New cards, new mechanics... Rework some useless old cards? Balance the game? Leaders unplayable? New cards for old mechanics (trap, discard, deathwish...)

I'm looking forward to the "taunt" mechanic and i'm curious how it will interact with Immune (from avallac'h).

I guess it's the new format CDPR chose for Gwent, expansion every 3-4 months, they will never balance it out into a great state, but the increase in new players lured by constant new content (and mobile releases) will probably outdo the benefits of balancing out everything existing now and no new content released in that process.

CDPR will get more new players by releasing the game on mobile than releasing a new expansion. New expansions are for keeping the current player base interested. As for the balancing aspect, when you keep releasing new cards, the meta doesn't have time to settle, which means balancing is less an issue as long as there isn't a single broken combo, like with the old DJ + Townfolks. We've had a balance patch every month now resulting in different decks becoming tier 1.

Guest 4342399

This is great but now that i discover i can't sync my PS4 account with my future iOS account where should i preorder ???
I don't even know what to do anymore. I was going to pre order. This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed ASAP.

In Thronebreaker he can randomly "consume" a card in one's hand, strenghening himself by 10.
So maybe it could "eat" a random ally (based on how that wording plays out in Thronebreaker).
I think that was one of the random abilities of talisman. It would randomly trigger knickers to eat a card and boost. His ability was roaches for Thronebreaker

I think that was one of the random abilities of talisman. It would randomly trigger knickers to eat a card and boost. His ability was roaches for Thronebreaker
It does both, it pulls itself out of the deck and consumes trinkets in one's hand (and has resilience).

With all these Armor mechanics, I am starting to wonder if there is also going to be something like:
"Piercing damage: deal damage to a unit's power ignoring its armor."

Glad to see armor return and have new cards.
Defender seems kinda crazy though.
I hope more dual faction will show up, especially since right now they are all between SY and other factions.

However, I think it would have been better to 'finish' or at least continue balancing the other factions and the game as it is before introducing a new expansion. It might also have been better to reintroduce armor BEFORE reducing all the damaging cards.

Implying Crach is soon a dead leader because of the armor.
I see now. However, Crach will be far from dead. With Armor not being so much prevalent (only 10 cards per faction, probably max 5 played per game), he will barely feel this change.

You guys gotta be insane...
It is costing the same as U$ 119 here in Brazil.
The only thing that is insane is the fact that these kegs (admittedly they are premium kegs though) appear to be 1:2 less cost effective than just buying non-premiums kegs in the shop after the expansion gets out.
That is not really an incentive if people are not that interested in the leader skin and cardback.

I`m looking forward to the expansion but the decision of buying premium kegs depends on the art. I just hope we're not having another "dwarf-only" expansion for ST.

Top Bottom