Iron Judgment — newest GWENT Expansion Arriving on October 2

+
I think team responsible for card arts is not the same as team responsible for gameplay, so your argument is invalid [ . . . ]. And the thing in my post is about exactly 1 card art.
Do you now how much time is needed for one card to be finished? Do you remember (I think) last month when Burza said that everybody there are crunching all the time? So instead of working on those, they'll have to work on an different for basically the same card. Why do you think they release new cards and their animated versions month or two later all the time?

And if you don't think team art and team gameplay do not communicate to each other, I don't know what to tell you.

I think team responsible for card arts is not the same as team responsible for gameplay, so your argument is invalid [ . . . ]. And the thing in my post is about exactly 1 card art.
[ . . . ]
There is no reason not to keep the discussion civil.
Also there being more than 1 team does not imply that they are not both busy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited a few posts before this turned into a personal skirmish. Let's respect each other's opinion and have a healthy discussion when you disagree with said opinion.

Usually when new expansion is announced i'm excited and optimistic, but this time i'm really concerned. It is too much too soon, and it looks like we're getting quantity over quality. Plus they are bringing back my most hated character (Radovid) and my least favourite mechanic from open beta (armor).

CDPR should slow down a little bit with expansions, releasing 80+ new cards every 3 months is not healthy for the game.
I would much rather see 2 big, 100+ cards expansions per year, and maybe some short (just few "missions", like tutorial) single player campain related to the expansion.
2 or 3 new cards every month would also be nice :) It would allow devs to boost struggling archetipes with cards that don't thematically fit into any expansion.

I'm curious how are they going to handle the armor mechanic this time. Barricade and negative Exposed abilities might be the right solution.
I'm 99,9% sure Defender will get a nerf after some time, just like Bounty.

Usually when new expansion is announced i'm excited and optimistic, but this time i'm really concerned. It is too much too soon, and it looks like we're getting quantity over quality. Plus they are bringing back my most hated character (Radovid) and my least favourite mechanic from open beta (armor).

CDPR should slow down a little bit with expansions, releasing 80+ new cards every 3 months is not healthy for the game.
I would much rather see 2 big, 100+ cards expansions per year, and maybe some short (just few "missions", like tutorial) single player campain related to the expansion.
2 or 3 new cards every month would also be nice :) It would allow devs to boost struggling archetipes with cards that don't thematically fit into any expansion.

I'm curious how are they going to handle the armor mechanic this time. Barricade and negative Exposed abilities might be the right solution.
I'm 99,9% sure Defender will get a nerf after some time, just like Bounty.
I am not agreeing with too much content in too little time, if you play semi-regularly between the expansions you can easily amass resources for them.
I almost got the entire Crimson Curse expansion on the day of the release (including the entire leader tree) and I did not invest any money specifically in that expansion and just started collecting daily rewards and the 2x2 reward points daily during the leak season, not even from the start of that.
Also being one of the players that gets bored with too little change I would quickly lose interest in the game if it would be 5 month without any leaks or anything like that.
I lost interest in the middle between 2 expansions and the new ones were always restoring hype in the game.
Them releasing 3-4 expansions a year sounds like the ideal number, not too little and just not too much.

I am not agreeing with too much content in too little time, if you play semi-regularly between the expansions you can easily amass resources for them.
I almost got the entire Crimson Curse expansion on the day of the release (including the entire leader tree) and I did not invest any money specifically in that expansion and just started collecting daily rewards and the 2x2 reward points daily during the leak season, not even from the start of that.
Also being one of the players that gets bored with too little change I would quickly lose interest in the game if it would be 5 month without any leaks or anything like that.
I lost interest in the middle between 2 expansions and the new ones were always restoring hype in the game.
Them releasing 3-4 expansions a year sounds like the ideal number, not too little and just not too much.

It's not about resources, i still have enough scraps to craft 2 or 3 expansions :D
There are better ways to keep thing fresh than constantly release new cards - new game modes, reworks, forced meta shifts... Bigger card pool doesn't necessarily make the game better, it can quickly get out of hand and became unbalanceable or full of trash cards.
If they want to release 4 expansions per year, they shoul at least make them smaller - 50+ cards or so.

It's not about resources, i still have enough scraps to craft 2 or 3 expansions :D
There are better ways to keep thing fresh than constantly release new cards - new game modes, reworks, forced meta shifts... Bigger card pool doesn't necessarily make the game better, it can quickly get out of hand and became unbalanceable or full of trash cards.
If they want to release 4 expansions per year, they shoul at least make them smaller - 50+ cards or so.
Yes, however just reworking everything or only releasing a few new cards keeps the game more stale and factions getting more archtypes is always a good thing.
More expansions mean new twists to those archtypes as well (just take the new NG soldier support as an example).
CDPR always took their time balancing these cards, however they do it and that prevents them from spyraling out of control for too long.

Yes, however just reworking everything or only releasing a few new cards keeps the game more stale and factions getting more archtypes is always a good thing.
More expansions mean new twists to those archtypes as well (just take the new NG soldier support as an example).
CDPR always took their time balancing these cards, however they do it and that prevents them from spyraling out of control for too long.
I hope you are right. Afterall it's still Year 1 after official release/Homecoming, so it should be fine. I have faith in CDPR's judgement, since HC they managed to handle things quite well (with few exceptions).

I hope you are right. Afterall it's still Year 1 after official release/Homecoming, so it should be fine. I have faith in CDPR's judgement, since HC they managed to handle things quite well (with few exceptions).
I am quite sure, the early homecoming was a horrible mess and Crimson Curse only made it worse, but where other studios would have tried to fix things with powercreep on new releases, ridiculous tech cards or just given up on that CDPR managed to get the game to be as interesting as pre-homecoming was, with more depth (and less severity of the coin flip and tempo).
It will still take some balancing, however as soon as everything is in place new releases will fit better and designing them in a balanced way will become easier.

how will a card like vincent meis interact with armor? It's considered damage so i guess it shreds through all the armor and then sets the power to 1?

how will a card like vincent meis interact with armor? It's considered damage so i guess it shreds through all the armor and then sets the power to 1?

Vincent doesn't do damage. He just sets the strength to one, ignoring the armor.

I thought he doesn't go through shield, that would mean damage, am i wrong here?
He should ignore Shield, both Shield and Armor interact with damage, however Vincent does not deal damage.
As 4RM3D already made clear Vincent just sets a number without any further in game mechanics.

rrc

Forum veteran
Has anyone seen Fifon var Gaernel already? Using the card on himself, he is 7 strength and 4 armor+ Defender for only 9 provisions. And he gives a tactic stack to Helge and Scorpions.
I guess Emhyr is going to love the guy.
Don't forget assimilate tick too! But this is pretty much the same as the MO defender (Cave Troll: 7S 5 Armor 9P; where as he can be 7S 4A 9P with an added flexibility). I am concerned about Defenders, but NG don't need to worry much as they have purify-assimilate engines.

Purify is going to be golden after IronJudgment!

I just started playing the game this season and I really like it, So I want to support the devs by spending money on the next expansion but the problem is I don't like any of the new cards revealed till now, Is it me or the new cards don't look cool enough, I want some advice from an old player where even the cards didn't look cool but when released they were good.

Also if I'm to get one of the packs which one should I get? I can afford only to get one of them.

Top Bottom