Is 1.04 ok to install?

+
Is 1.04 ok to install?

I just noticed all the complaints about this latest patch here. Is 1.03 more stable at the moment?

As for me, I hadn't any issue with 1.03 and 1.04 is fine too. No single crash or freeze in 20 hrs.
Win8.1, i5 4690K, GTX770, 16GB, SweetFX

No problems here outside of some quests that are still bugged (which are major quests for the Witchers story). GTX 970 .. All smooth and looking fantastic.

Finished to play with v1.04 for three hours right now. No issues, no crashes, no glitches.

PC:

CPU: AMD FX6300
GPU: R9 270x
RAM: 8 GBB
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB

Settings:
Postprocessing all to High, SSAO
Video: 1440x900 (monitor resolution) everything to ultra except vegetation distance, shadows and textures which are set to High
Fullscreen, no vsync, capped to 60fps
45-60fps

This game amazes me every minute I play it.

---------- Updated at 10:59 PM ----------

I forgot: HairWorks OFF

Just be aware that at some point during the last few quests in Novigrad, the game can become bugged and you could be stuck not being able to use fast travel between zones (i.e. Skellige to Novigrad, Novigrad to White Orchard) but in the zones themselves fast travel works as advertised. This may not be an isolated issue with just 1.04 because I was experiencing the same issue with 1.03, it might just be the quest is bugged and have nothing to do with the quest at all.

forgot to mention that the bug is that the game will crash to desktop any time you attempt to fast travel out of your current zone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom