Is Act I the Cyberpunk 2077 game we wanted?

+
The thing that bothers me the most is the dialogue with Evelyn Parker regarding cutting Dex out which leads absolutely nowhere, its a head scratcher tbh, why's it even there? Just to get a non existent 40%

I assumed that was to help disguise the already blown secret that the Heist was going to hell.
Post automatically merged:

do lifepath's even matter?

it's not like they have some dialogue option that makes things easier, do they?
from my playthrough (as nomad and corpo): lifepath's don't matter, other than the starting outfits you get... that's basically it

(i would have hoped that we'd atleast get a skilltree related to the lifepath, so atleast the playstyles would differ... but nope)

I felt the corpo dialogue massively changed my character and I used it hundreds of times.

I assumed that was to help disguise the already blown secret that the Heist was going to hell.
Post automatically merged:

I felt the corpo dialogue massively changed my character and I used it hundreds of times.

but they don't alter the playsyle, be it story or game outside the story;
it's just a way to get more exposition perhaps; but the story and events will be the same, regardless of lifepath you've chosen; so in a way, they don't matter

Ashii

Forum veteran

from my playthrough (as nomad and corpo): lifepath's don't matter, other than the starting outfits you get... that's basically it

(i would have hoped that we'd atleast get a skilltree related to the lifepath, so atleast the playstyles would differ... but nope)

Sometimes during gigs or some other missions lifepath dialogue choices give you a unique way to solve the quest. I think my favorite interaction as a corpo was with Meredith. She wasn't so confident once my corpo V started talking. Loved that.

I was thinking about it and I can't help but think that the period leading up to the Heist is pretty much the Cyberpunk 2077 game I wanted. Jackie, you, Viktor, T-Bug, Evelyn, Judy, and all the other members of the cast are characters that I feel are more interesting than the rest of the cast (sorry, Panam) but the stakes feel a bit more appropriate. You're trying to do the BIG SCORE and everything is about leading up to that.

You also are doing "small jobs" up until that point that make sense with the Side Gigs.

If they'd stretched this part out and made the Heist the end of the "first" Cyberpunk game, I think I might have liked it more.

What do you think?
Just rewatched the montage and it hurt even more, went form living with jackie and his mom to doing jobs and now got a place from saving up

except I got a game trailer within my game to explain it like WHATTTT?!?!?!

Well some of the convo options you get does offer a difference in dialog, but in the end, they don't really make big difference, and none to the main story.

A game like SWTOR online had bigger impacting dialog choices, with each classes having its own storyline, with each having impactful decisions(light or dark Jaesa as an example) till level 50, offering some replay value... and that was an MMO(wannabe MMO)

Sometimes during gigs or some other missions lifepath dialogue choices give you a unique way to solve the quest. I think my favorite interaction as a corpo was with Meredith. She wasn't so confident once my corpo V started talking. Loved that.

98% of the dialogues don't affect the the development of the plot

i'm not sure about those 2%, but i'm certain it's not related to lifepath

Well some of the convo options you get does offer a difference in dialog, but in the end, they don't really make big difference, and none to the main story.

A game like SWTOR online had bigger impacting dialog choices, with each classes having its own storyline, with each having impactful decisions(light or dark Jaesa as an example) till level 50, offering some replay value... and that was an MMO(wannabe MMO)

Even just being able to be bad or good with the world reacting a little if if it is not drastically different.
IMO witcher 3 wasn't this crazy choice heavy impactful decision making, but you had consequences in the middle that helped shape the story you were going for.

Here it is more tone I guess?

Personally I loved Panam, and don't see why we couldn't have brought her into a Act 1 type storyline.

I found Panam to be super annoying. Acting like a damn teenage girl who doesnt know what she wants, whos got some problems with herself etc etc. Even the way she talks. I was like :fu off Panam. Couldnt wait to end her quest and once she called me later saying "its a life or death matter" i couldnt feel more satisfied to cancelt the call xd

Interesting topic.

For myself, I thought Act One was my favorite. I agree that some of the characters in Act Two were good and I did like Panam...as a character in the story. She was determined, strong and certainly had personality and yet very annoying. Unlike many others, I did not romance her or anyone for that matter, I can do without the romance side. I liked River and his quest, and I really liked Jackie in Act One. Unlike many others, Judy was just another part of the story, I saw nothing special about her. Further I do not see why you (seem) to have to romance anyone to apparently determine an ending for the game. My opinion, but there you go.

But I thought this story (game) was about V, that was the given impression anyway. 'Make this world yours!' The way the game progressed, it was somebody's world, but not mine. As it turned out, it was Johnny Silverhands story and his world, that is where the game fell apart for me. Then there are the endings of the game, all of which are bad. Yes, before you jump on me, I understand that the 'Cyber Punk' world is dark, gloomy...what ever, but that still doesn't mean you can't have one good ending for V. At the risk of using a cliche, an ending that would allow V to ride off into the sunset on his / her bike and live happily ever after, or something like that. I'm fairly certain some would agree with this.

During Act 2, I was getting tired of the constant attacks V was having, and Johnny's banter. There was just too much of that going on and sometimes V would have one of those attacks while in a fight. I feel that Johnny Silverhands story should have been a seperate DLC on it's own, and not part of V's main story from Act 1. They (CDPR) should have carried this through with V (and Jackie) as the games main storyline.

Despite this, I still enjoy the game and am now on my second play through. Using what I learned on my first game and just take my time. I will not play Act Three again because of the endings, I'll just go as far as I can go.

This game has enormous potential and I think in time CDPR will get things sorted on all platforms.

Last edited:
I found Jackie two dimensional, since he really didn't play much aspect in act 1, and when he did his personality was all over the place, but you could see the Jackie from the Night City Wires in there, just not in Act 1.

Personally I loved Panam, and don't see why we couldn't have brought her into a Act 1 type storyline. Instead we got Cyberpunk Act 1, and the "Here's Johnny Show" for Acts 2 and 3.

So on the premise I agree with you, just not in agreement that the characters in Act 1 were fully fleshed out enough in Act 1 to make a full game on them. They'd need some fleshing out, but then the idea of the mission would be fine.

"Here's Johnny Show" :ROFLMAO: Good one!

I'm about 2/3 of the way through Act 2 (haven't been playing for the last couple of days)----but I agree with the other posters who felt the Act 1 story arc is the strongest portion of the game. The Johnny portion of Act 2 (so far) has left me thinking if CDPR hadn't included him in the game--------------------I wouldn't have missed him.

I found Panam to be super annoying. Acting like a damn teenage girl who doesnt know what she wants, whos got some problems with herself etc etc. Even the way she talks. I was like :fu off Panam. Couldnt wait to end her quest and once she called me later saying "its a life or death matter" i couldnt feel more satisfied to cancelt the call xd
Me too she seemed like the hot chick that is still self conscious and does drugs to fit in, even tho she is hot asf but then she expects you to follow along because she knows she can play the victim with you (Im'a do the romance with her to see the dialog and scene then reload and dub her shit)

My personal opinion would be kind of mixed.
If I'd have to chose I think story-wise and how things are evolving (if you want to say it that way) I loved the whole Festival Arc (together with Takemura), scouting, infiltrating, some action and finally getting before Hanako to then talk with her, ending in disaster and being on the run.

Would this be combined with the "fleshed'outness" of the part like Maelstrom this would be glorious.
Combined together with the complexity and option on how you can handle the quests (best example is the Maelstrom/Flathead Mission with it's ~ 7 possibilities) then we'd be in for a wild and great ride.

But I am also one that really wants to be able to play ARC 1 (or 0 in this regard) more, like it has already been brought up. Getting to meet and know the whole "crew" (Jackie, Vic, Misty, etc, maybe the fixers) would be such a boost. (Also maybe more meaningful lifepaths please :) )

Until then we can just hope, suggest and bring forth our wishes for this to be implemented.

Moxy3

Forum regular
That's what bothers me, too. Why even talk about it if that leads literally nowhere? Not even a slight change of how dialogues are later or how V acts. Huge opportunity wasted, imo.

This is also where they took a big choice from you. Once you had the chip and Jackie died, you were still forced to go to Dex. No choice at all to go to Evelyn.
That all just doesnt make any sense. Its like they wrote a script until that point with the mind to give us choices. But at that point, they decided to just make it linear.

Some things about how everything is build up just contradicts with itself..

This is also where they took a big choice from you. Once you had the chip and Jackie died, you were still forced to go to Dex. No choice at all to go to Evelyn.
That all just doesnt make any sense. Its like they wrote a script until that point with the mind to give us choices. But at that point, they decided to just make it linear.

this is basically the issue

Ashii

Forum veteran

I really wanted to go to Ev :giveup:

mbrto

Forum regular
i love the game as it is
its way darker than just "rags to riches" with jackie and the valentinos

but id love to see some dlc about that

Guest 4402625

Act II was boring as hell, V's constant collapses in every 5 minutes, Silverhand's constant interruptions with his static monotone voice, screen glitching effects in every 3 minutes were absolutely unbearable. I wanted to uninstall game so bad but my curiosity about how the game will end overcame those frustrations.
Of course I didn't know that ending was worst then all of it.

Top Bottom