is "Add Armor" in week challenges bugged?

+
This week's challenge is requiring to Add Armor 10 times. I tried various things but still have 0/10 there.

Is it bugged or you have some solution for this?

Worked fine for me but I can't really say which Cards counted towards the quest, because I did put all NR and Neutral armor giving Cards in a Buff Living Armor and Trollololo meme Deck.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Just play 2 copies of Waggenburg + Natalis into Reinforcements into a third Waggenburg.
I did that to complete it in 1 round.

I actually tried that, didn't work. I have compiled a whole deck out of armor-giving cards. Only Trollolo worked.

Guess it's bugged. Someone on reddit found that if the unit already has some armor it does not count if you add more (many dwarves have 1 armor point and etc.) :shrug:

So you need to buff units that have no armor for it to count for the journey quest. Don't go with Mahakam Forge on this one.

Duhad

Forum regular
So I noticed that despite going HARD on armor to fill out the most recent set of Journey Mode contracts, the game doesn't seem to acknowledge that I have actually slapped metal on any of my boys at all. I checked on reddit and apparently I'm not the only one having this problem so I figured I should bring it up here in hopes of getting some sort of solution hopefully.

Also since at least one redditer was smugly asking if new players where just mixing up armor and shield let me be very clear about this, I was using armor cards. Miners, Iron Falcon Troubadours, wagons, special cards, Mahakam Forge, the whole 9 yards! And not a single tick on the quest tracker after a 3 round game that ended with a Manlet, War Wagon and Wagon all rocking 10+ stacks of that little bronze shield icon. So no, I am not just mixing up shield and armor.

@Duhad Thread merged. Using cards that have armor by default doesn't work for the quest.

@StanislavOZZO Thread moved to Technical.
Just found that out after some testing and was about to report back with that.

Wish it was more clear, but yes working around that worked.:shrug:

PS. Oh also DON'T USE MF! For some reason that made all the cards in the deck, not just the ones that actually started with armor, count as having started with armor for this contract. I had to switch leader for it to actually start counting.

I came here to post the same thing, it is definitely bugged.

I have been using a Mahakam Forge deck on ranked.

Is it a problem with the wording of "add armor ..." ?!

Manlet "give 1 armor" isn't recognized

Xavier Moran "gain 1 armor isn't recognized

Tempering "give it 2 armor" isn't recognized

Miner "give it 2 armor" also isn't recognized.

I have no idea how to complete this quest...

I came here to post the same thing, it is definitely bugged.

I have been using a Mahakam Forge deck on ranked.

Is it a problem with the wording of "add armor ..." ?!

Manlet "give 1 armor" isn't recognized

Xavier Moran "gain 1 armor isn't recognized

Tempering "give it 2 armor" isn't recognized

Miner "give it 2 armor" also isn't recognized.

I had no idea how to complete this quest...

So thanks for the idea about changing the leader ability, so I am adding armor to units without armor.

HOWEVER, my defender was down to 1 hit point, so no armor at the time, so I added armor with tempering, and it STILL was not recognized...
So...
Post automatically merged:

Forge won't work. You need to add armor to cards that don't have any by default, based on others' comments.

Okay, so the card as it appears in the deck builder can't have armour, or it won't activate. This explains the issue I just posted regarding my defender interaction with tempering, when it had no armour in play.

Thanks

Still, sounds like the quest is bugged to be fair.

Top Bottom