Is Anyone Else A Bit Bored?

+
Is Anyone Else A Bit Bored?

When I bought the game I thought it was the best thing I've played in God knows how long. After a week though, I thought about playing it and just felt that I couldn't be bothered any more. I reckon it's something to do with the controls. I've bumped into countless things and everything is so finicky, Roach constantly just starts running off the road when I'm holding nothing but X so that mechanic is practically broken, the dotted line that shows how to get to your next objective goes everywhere and is hilariously inconsistent. It's like trying to find your way around using a bad sat nav. I have around 10 quests that I'm just too low level to do, so that means they're doing nothing but clogging up my quest log, not to mention levelling is slow and tedious and the inventory screen frequently lags a bit and is cumbersome to say the least. I was wowed by this game when I first played but it seems it has quite a lot of frustrating flaws.

Thoughts?

When I bought the game I thought it was the best thing I've played in God knows how long. After a week though, I thought about playing it and just felt that I couldn't be bothered any more. I reckon it's something to do with the controls. I've bumped into countless things and everything is so finicky, Roach constantly just starts running off the road when I'm holding nothing but X so that mechanic is practically broken, the dotted line that shows how to get to your next objective goes everywhere and is hilariously inconsistent. It's like trying to find your way around using a bad sat nav. I have around 10 quests that I'm just too low level to do, so that means they're doing nothing but clogging up my quest log, not to mention levelling is slow and tedious and the inventory screen frequently lags a bit and is cumbersome to say the least. I was wowed by this game when I first played but it seems it has quite a lot of frustrating flaws.

Thoughts?

Levelling is ok. It's balanced to put more focus on the main quest.
So...do the main quest. That is what the game is about.

I agree. I was excited to play it and sometimes the clunky controls (too much inertia; Geralt was much easier to control in The Witcher 2) and the few bugs and crashes can be disappointing, but it's still a very good game - a really good change into sandbox style with no loading times just like in the game series Gothic - with a great story and I'm sure that if they manage to polish it a bit it will be perfect.

Despite the anger I get sometimes, especially when I get stuck against trees or I can't control Geralt when I want him to take just one step, I still enjoy the game, for the second playthrough I'm doing now.

Navigating through maps in caves is also annoying, the maps are inconsistent, it only changes shapes instead of fixed shapes with upper or lower indicators.

I will replay it after a few things have been changed, fixed or added, for now I don't feel the need to.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

I can honestly say I have not had a single issue mentioned in that entire paragraph. Most complaints I see about leveling are that it is too fast and your quests end up being too low level and easy. Roach follows the road just fine unless I manually steer him off of it. I'm not saying the game is perfect by any means. Two weeks after release it still has it's quirks as well as flat out bugs that still need to be worked out like every other game, but it comes down to this:

If you are enjoying it, great, keep playing. If you are not, do something else. I doubt that replies on a message board will inspire you one way or the other.

of course if you play 10 hrs a day it will get bored . keep it normal and u wont get bored like i do . give urself a break

A thing you have to know when playing games, if you play too much like 10 hours every day, you are going to get burned, and soon you won't be in the mood to even play it, what i do is 3-4 hours absolute max and not everyday, it keeps it fresh and enjoyable.

Simple answer, NO
I'm waiting for patch to be relased and starting the game all over again on Death March. In the meantime I started Witcher 2 which I never played before and well if you ask me game mechanics there are totally fu*** up, I wish that story will make up for that.

Bibmo

Forum regular
Thoughts?
Play the game dont take to much care about the levels its not a sandbox it has a start and an ending, and dont rush.
I managed to do every quest so far even if it was higher level but thats something i dont bother, the challenge is what it is about for me.

I cant even play the game for to long time, my personal adrenaline and heartbeat levels are maxed out when i play it. I play on Death March where you think twice before you act.

The storytelling, the monsters, sometimes im really scared, and thats it cdpr, exactly that feeling what only a few games can give, Gothic1, Operation Flashpoint CWC and WItcher 3 are my all time favors when it comes to the Feeling!!

Scheiss Wasserweiber

Last edited:
Make sure you alternate between doing sidequests, main quest and points of interest exploration.
Everyone is going to be completely bored and pissed if they clear all the smuggler's caches at sea in skellige (50+) in one go.
Mix it up a little bit and you should be fine.

Simple answer, NO
I'm waiting for patch to be relased and starting the game all over again on Death March. In the meantime I started Witcher 2 which I never played before and well if you ask me game mechanics there are totally fu*** up, I wish that story will make up for that.

Totally entitled to your opinion...

Ps: your opinion is stupid, stupid.

As other posters have suggested above, just take it easy and do something other activities. It's also good way while waiting for the big patch to kick in.

luc0s

Forum veteran
cool story bro. sounds like you got burnt out. it happens bro

^
This.

Just play something else for a while or do something completely different and return to TW3 when you crave for some more Witcher action again.

Personally I'm 85 hours into the game now and still fully enjoying it! :D

I'm really only bored post game great story great game .
sure like ppl say its got quite a few annoying bugs and glitches but hello its been out 2 weeks and its a massive game!!
I've done 3 runs now 1st was kinda a rush run tried to get yen and triss awww unlucky for me!! 2nd was a triss run ( best ending ) imo .. 3rd was a yen run ( still a great ending)
Ive even gone back to witcher 2 on the xbox 360 to maybe understand the characters more because i started witcher 2 ages and ages ago ..but i gave up on it because faaarrk its hard even on easy it can be nasty..
ill then do a 4th run of witcher 3
post game though is really boring to me once the story is gone..
slap some oil on your sword and kill some monsters over and over becomes redundant to me :(
id like to see some more stories with my betrothed triss or yen post game even ciri like some big hunts or quests where they can join don't care really if they do no damage e.g. like the keira quest in the elven place was fantastic!! even to the point of some korvir quests with triss if thats who I've chosen!! etc

I get this with a lot of games. Playing too much of anything can make it boring. That being said, this hasn't happened to me in The Witcher 3 at all, I just love exploring this world.

My time usually comes after a lot of time in game over months. That wall hits though, and its darn hard to get back into the game. Skyrim was different in that I could mod it with new stuff, but once that wore off, I just couldn't pick it up again.

Top Bottom