Is Anyone Else A Bit Bored?

+
I'm not "bored" bored, but still waiting for new stuffs to be implemented or changed in the game. Once the game offers something new or more I'll gladly jump in for the second playthrough, I don't want to exhaust myself to the game right now it might make me fed up for more playthrough by the time they're done altering or adding things.

I hope they keep adding things to make replaying fun, and sooner. *cough REDkit2 *cough*

i'm bored of waiting for the next patch,
i loose the count of time inside the game, hours and days pass and i don't even realise it, tw3 is beautiful in almost every way

Yes VERY VERY BORED!!! Wish I wasn't at work so I could play the game :p Oh you probably meant am I bored with game then umm no. :D Not yet, just restarted on death march. Spent a lot of my 100+ hours playing gwent and racing

so that means they're doing nothing but clogging up my quest log,
I wish there was a hide red quests option... and hide quests not in current zone... Having to wade through all the extra quests to find one I can do... Sigh

I felt the same way after the first week it came out but then I tried doing other things like creating potions, armor, weapons, and crossbow bolts and the game became much more enjoyable. I also take my time with every task I take in the game. I am doing main quests with side quests and monster contracts mixed in so that I don't level up too fast. I also investigate points of interest placed on or near the path I am traveling on to immerse myself with the open world aspect of the game. The game has a lot to do and explore to get a larger sense of immersion but it is up to the player to do and discover these things. Breaks here and there certainly help to not burn out on the game and it stays interesting all throughout.

Do the main quest, get out of Velen/Novigrad or simply take a break. For me personally I had some fatigue finishing Novigrad, but that was due to me completing everything I could in both Velen + Novigrad before I went to Skellige. Once I finally went over sea it was fresh and great again - might help to do that earlier and rather come back to finish some quests in the "old world" later on. :)

And playing just "for the fun" without progress in mind helps, too. Turning off all the hints, markers and stuff like that for an hour, enjoying the landscape and a battle or two is pretty relaxing.

burn out. same here 120 hours before i even got to skellige and now that huge unexplored map is sitting there mocking me and i'm really over leveled.

Bored? No, but burned out yes, I think I can play 3-4 hour max per sitting for this game.

Not bored, maybe a bit burned out though. I play a bit less but still love the game, over 160 hours of total time played. I'm in Velen now, on my 2nd playthrough.

Probably some people. The game is not for everyone, and you may want to wait a few patches for movement to become more fluid.

IMO this game will never bore me. It's the kind of thing, I've decided, I'll play once a year. But I'll never just perpetually binge play the game -- probably because it's got a special place for me personally -- since it's the kind of thing that needs to be appreciated piece by piece.

If you're talking post endgame then I feel that I'll play the expansions with my current endgame playthrough, and annually just start the game again. Playing post endgame just to finish all those underlevelled quests is a bit weird -- but I think that makes it more replayable. In a few months I'll restart and try those quests I didn't get around to and explore some more.

Make sure you alternate between doing sidequests, main quest and points of interest exploration.
Everyone is going to be completely bored and pissed if they clear all the smuggler's caches at sea in skellige (50+) in one go.
Mix it up a little bit and you should be fine.

This, switch up the types of missions you are doing; if you do too many story heavy quests in a row you will start to feel overwhelmed, if you do too many poi smuggler/treasure/rescue quests in a row you will get bored and if you do too much story in a row you will feel swept away. You can typically do missions about 5 levels above yourself if you're careful and prepare - the lower the difficult the less care and preparation you have to take.

I've been playing the game for about 100 hours and I've rarely been bored, more often I've been surprised, pleased, excited, blown away, or just generally entertained. Use some thought in how you play and you should find it really enjoyable.

Levelling is ok. It's balanced to put more focus on the main quest.
So...do the main quest. That is what the game is about.

How much is the game about that? The game seems pretty story heavy so I suppose doing the main quests is a wise thing to do but then again it's a huge beautiful open world and I want to explore, but the movement controls annoy the shit out of me sometimes. Trying to move Geralt through a heavily wooded area is a challenge in and of itself. I went in expecting an open world experience like TES where the main quest is just one of dozens upon dozens of interesting quest lines. I don't know how story driven this game is because this is my first Witcher game and I'm not very familiar with the series at all.

Leveling slow?
No, it isn't. Unless you have the xp bug...

Perhaps I just suck. I'm only level 9.

A thing you have to know when playing games, if you play too much like 10 hours every day, you are going to get burned, and soon you won't be in the mood to even play it, what i do is 3-4 hours absolute max and not everyday, it keeps it fresh and enjoyable.

Haven't felt bored at all. Maybe try to not binge play.

I only played it every couple of days for an hour or two at a time.

Just play something else for a while or do something completely different and return to TW3 when you crave for some more Witcher action again.

Personally I'm 85 hours into the game now and still fully enjoying it!

I have been. I just thought that this game would keep me interested for a hell of a long time. As I said to someone else I went in expecting a TES open world experience where you can put 100 hours in and you've only seen and done a small part of what the world has to offer, but the game seems to be all about the main quest. Which is fine of course but it's a contrast to what I was expecting.

God, I wish I had the time to play it that much.

You do hit this point with lots of games, for me especially open world games. SO far, not W3, but I consider it one of the best games, maybe the best, I've ever played.

I liked SKyrim - hit that point. I loved Fallout New Vegas - hit that point. I really like Pillars of Eternity - hit that point.

I guess all my very favourite games, I never did hit that "Hmm.kind..of...bored now.." point.

Planescape Torment, nope.

Fallout 1 and 2, nope.

Vampire Bloodlines, nope.

Deus Ex Human Revolution, nope. (and DX1, of course)

Witcher 3, so far nope.

Top Bottom