Is Anyone Else A Bit Bored?

+
no not at all, when a game is this absolutely amazing I tend not to let minor things get in the way of my enjoyment. EG I hate the way the books/potion tab works it drives me bonkers but compared to everything it gets right it is completely unimportant.

The one thing however: this game is pretty serious and heavy and I love that, all the stories and quests require you to pay attention, very little about it is easy or brainless, that means not every day after work do i immediately switch it on to play. But when I am in the mood a whole evening goes by in minutes.

I think given how saturated the market is for games these days gamers are way more fickle and their loyalty is easily challenged, Witcher makes you have to work harder to play it, unlike other AAA games which all you really have to do is join dots. There have been a lot of great games in last few years, but Witcher feels like it is reinventing a wheel that we have just come to accept was not in need of reinvention. Just like Mad Max Fury Road. Its only after see that film I realised how bad and stale all other actions films had become, like Witcher for open world rpgs. The reasons why some parts feel creaky is that we have got so use to games doing X, when they do Y it feels wrong.

beat the game two times already. The only bug i've seen so far is roach randomly just stop. The horse and swimming mechanic is funky. Everything else work fine and it's a blast to play.

im not getting bored im loving the game. i do get frustrated at times though when it comes to quest choices. because im thinking if i make the wrong choice will i not be able to get this or that trophy later? i think games shouldnt have trophies that a choice alone will make a difference especially in a game this big.

After 72 hours (i'm about half way done with main story, taking time), I stopped playing. I love the game but I can't help but feel I should of waited until more patching and optimizations were done. I just feel like all the minor annoyances will be patched out, things that really take away from the immersion.

I'm pretty OCD, so when something bugs or doesn't go my way, it makes it hard to keep playing.

One of the very few games where I've actually forgotten about XP and levelling frequency. The quest stories are the best I've come across in any single player game to date.

I love this fucking game! Reds Rule, now I can finally turn off all npc/animal/monster names and hit numbers with the new PS4 patch? :)
Very cool, it seems to run a little smoother so far in general. Yeah, I still see some goofy ass floating npcs and assets in mid-air from time to time and some really shitty textures, but so far.. I'm very happy that I can at least turn all that other stuff off.
All I would like now... is the options to turn off all the icon button/talk/herbs/loot prompts in general and just use my witcher sense.
I would also very much like to map my own controls, plus I want to see more nudity & finishers in this incredible game!! As.. in, give us the options to turn on/off full frontal nudity please? Fuck all these underwear wearing bitches! :) lol...

Last edited:
For me what I find "boring" about the game is the combat AI. The combat system is nice with light, heavy, dodge, roll etc. Lots of features. But the enemies combat AI is just very simple. There is very little variation of attacks for the enemies and there is no reaction to how you play or what you are doing in combat. Simply heavy attack that blocking bandit and they will die. Roll, dodge and igni large groups with some light attacks here and there. Quen dodge critical repeat.

Once you figure out how to beat each enemy/s there is no challenge to the combat because you know exactly what you have to do to win and the enemies won't change how they attack.

What if instead of heavy attacking that guy blocking he actually uses dodges or parryies as well? If you are spamming the igni on those ghoul groups they spread out?

There needs to be more variety with the attacks that your opponents are using, done according to what you have been using that battle. This will create combat scenarios that will be more engaging and challenging requiring you to change your tactics as your opponents will as well. Of course this might not be everyone problem but I hope that if they were to add another higher level of difficulty that instead of just changing damage modifiers they vastly improve the AI for enemies in combat to keep you on your feet instead of just following a set procedure that will kill your enemy.

Last edited:
I'm in the "Love the game" camp. Honestly one of the better games in years. There are bugs but it's not to the point that it's unplayable. Doesn't master if it's the main quest or some side quest, the stories have been great. I'm taking my time and I can see myself going through several play throughs.

A wee bit bored, at the same time still amazed and thoroughly entertained by it! It's a stunning achievement. I sometimes feel like I want a bit more stabby stabby (or burny burny) but obviously that's not the focus of the game. Still planning a second play through (which might have to be after batman). Still a watershed game that has been quite enthralling.

Top Bottom