Is Arnaghad meant to work this way?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing seasonal mode today. My opponent planted Arnaghad down. I played Griffin Witcher down next and, as expected, saw him smoked. Arnaghad took no damage though. The same thing happened when I played Eskel.

Is this another example of the game just being really bad at designing rules for how cards play out?

I.e. taken literally, the deal should be that when I play my card, it gets smoked but Arnaghad also loses power because it took damage from my unit.

Do the devs really mean to say with Arnaghad: "Deal damage equal to Arnaghad's power to any unit played by your opponent and so long as that unit is still on the board after Arnaghad has dealt damage to it, deal damage equal to its power to Arnaghad"? I know that that would be hard to fit onto the card, but at least it's truthful about the way that the card plays out.

I know that GWENT cards can sometimes act in unexpected ways, ways that the player doesn't like. That can sometimes be due to the player naively reading the card's information. That's okay. But many times the text is just badly or misleadingly or incorrectly worded.

If you look at the latest patch notes, linked to below, you'll see a whole host of rephrasing of cards' text, in the "Game fixes" section.

That suggests that the game has done a bad job wording how these cards work or are supposed to work.

My Arnaghad comments would also apply to those Nor duelling units as well, I think.

Is this another example of the game just being really bad at designing rules for how cards play out?
No mate. this is another example of you not reading card texts :D
Just this time not the actual card, but the one next to it.

As it was noted, the Arnaghad in question was positioned next to Sukrus. Now, if you read what Sukrus does, he will make any units placed on his left(?) immune to damage. It is a common strategy with Arnaghad since it's release. You can counter it by killing/locking Sukrus.

Last edited:
On the topic of Arnaghad interactions, is Vesemir: Mentor not considered a "unit"? I was playing SK in the seasonal and utilizing the Sukrus + Arnaghad combo, but V:M was played for 4 -> 8 points and took no damage from my 11 pt Arnaghad, which should have destroyed him immediately after his deployment boost was applied to the rest of my opponent's witchers.

Lol, I remember playing vs NG once and he used Double Cross to play his own Sukrus and would just play his units left of him thus negating my own Arnagh+Sukrus combo.

Lol, I remember playing vs NG once and he used Double Cross to play his own Sukrus and would just play his units left of him thus negating my own Arnagh+Sukrus combo.

That's one of the reasons why it's a good idea to bury Arnaghad + Sukrus behind a defender. You have to be careful of that in this seasonal, though, because it leaves you with an 11 pt defender and 11 pt Arnaghad, which sets up your opponent to hit you with Igni. After playing into Igni a few times, I've taken to playing Great Turtle and pinging it for a point of damage to make sure it's 12 pts before I play Arnaghad. And of course, since I began doing that I've never run into another opponent who uses Igni. :p

On the topic of Arnaghad interactions, is Vesemir: Mentor not considered a "unit"? I was playing SK in the seasonal and utilizing the Sukrus + Arnaghad combo, but V:M was played for 4 -> 8 points and took no damage from my 11 pt Arnaghad, which should have destroyed him immediately after his deployment boost was applied to the rest of my opponent's witchers.
He's a Unit so he should get destroyed but was he maybe played with Geralt Quen's Adrenaline active (play a Witcher and give him shield).

I really don't want to be rude, but
  1. after all the topics, you created,
  2. after all the questions, you do not know the answer,
  3. after all the accusing the game "not working as intended",
  4. after all the things, you have no idea of...
how did you get to Rank 1?

I really don't want to be rude, but
  1. after all the topics, you created,
  2. after all the questions, you do not know the answer,
  3. after all the accusing the game "not working as intended",
  4. after all the things, you have no idea of...
how did you get to Rank 1?

I really don't want to be rude but I would have gotten to pro rank if CDPR had been smart enough to inform me of the need to agree to T&Cs AFTER I had qualified for pro rank. CDPR, being CDPR, let me qualify for pro rank and then not count it, as I hadn't agreed to the T&Cs and it was too late to reach the pro rank.

Um, since you're so smart, where do you propose that I seek answers to questions? Obviously, not official GWENT in-game tutorials or pages. That would be way too easy.

And I keep coming across people asking basic questions on forums because...CDPR can't be arsed explaining basic features of the game. Like how to discard cards. I saw someone comment that they had been playing the game for over a year and didn't know about this feature. Same here.

There most likely was Sukrus (Prevent the unit to the left of Sukrus from taking any damage.) next to him.

That makes sense. That's a powerful combo. OP? That still leaves those Nor duelling units to explain, which seem to be able to obliterate units with higher power than them...for some reason. That seems like BS I'm not sure how that works. Probably too much trouble for CDPR to fit all the details on a card.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom