Is CDPR making money with Cyberpunk 2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear while Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time cyberpunk is simply not my cup of tea so I wont play that game and I dont know that much about it. Yet I did follow some news and know that game was removed from PS store , it was disaster ,especially on old generation consoles and I read that there was a lot of refunds. Also I hear game did not sell as much as expected despite amazing numbers I saw so I really dont know what were their expectations.

With all production costs, marketing , sponsors and everything did CDPR reach the point where they start making profit form Cyberpunk 2077 ???

CDPR is great company so I wish them big sucess with Cyberpunk despite terrible launch.

I would think so. Even with the console refunds .

Blizzard Entertainment achieved an impressive feat recently, as it announced this week that World of Warcraft: Shadowlands just became the fastest-selling PC game of all time. Unfortunately, that achievement proved to be short-lived, because Cyberpunk 2077 has broken the record Shadowlands just set.

It’s plain to see that people have been excited for CD Projekt Red’s next big title in the leadup to release, given the years the developer has spent building up and hyping its ambitious open-world RPG. Even before yesterday’s launch, Cyberpunk 2077 was already a huge success, having racked up 8 million pre-orders across the board, according to CD Red.

Cyberpunk 2077 Beats PC Game Sales Record Just Set by World of Warcraft (gamerant.com)

All we knew is it sold 13 millions copies in the first week, 8 millions were pre-orders. This figures are net of returns, where enough to cover all development and marketing costs, and disappointed investors who expected 16 millions, not 13.

We have no idea how the game has sold in January.

@Bracala
all i can tell you...
i love this game...
i already did play it more then i did play witcher3 with all DLCs
and i also love the Witcher 3

also at last on PC...
and as far as i know PS5 and the new X-Box,
most people are very happy with the game
PS4 and X-Box One players got kinda screwd over... but even some of those sayed is a good game

according to this from steam

322k people did write a review
288k people did write a positive review...
which kinda is 89%

and depending on your expetations, its either a good or a bad game
my personal opinion, some people did have to high expetations...

and the only true sad thing is... with all that hate around...
i dont expect the next game will have PC as a leading platform again...
it will again be a consol and get a bad upscaling for PC

@Bracala

Not necessarly. Next game will not support old consoles anymore. Whatever they can make for PC, will run for sure on Series X and PS5, maybe disabling just a few things here and there.

@Bracala
all i can tell you...
i love this game...
i already did play it more then i did play witcher3 with all DLCs
and i also love the Witcher 3

also at last on PC...
and as far as i know PS5 and the new X-Box,
most people are very happy with the game
PS4 and X-Box One players got kinda screwd over... but even some of those sayed is a good game

according to this from steam

322k people did write a review
288k people did write a positive review...
which kinda is 89%

and depending on your expetations, its either a good or a bad game
my personal opinion, some people did have to high expetations...

and the only true sad thing is... with all that hate around...
I had it on series x and it only is a better looking bug fest.

Nothing is working properly. Cyberware has no effect, half of the skill tree is buggy as well. All in addition to the regular bugs, glitches and fucked up map errors.

The console version is an absolute disaster beyond the bugs and glitches the game has on pc.

They should spare themselves the work and not bring out the next version on consoles. At least the PC players will have fun. CDPR made it absolutely clear that they are a PC first developer and cemented that statement with the console release and the fact that next gen will get their version in autumn if everything goes according to plan.

Btw. You loving the game is a purely subjective matter.

I had it on series x and it only is a better looking bug fest.

Nothing is working properly. Cyberware has no effect, half of the skill tree is buggy as well. All in addition to the regular bugs, glitches and fucked up map errors.

The console version is an absolute disaster beyond the bugs and glitches the game has on pc.

Funny, I don't have that fancy console, just Xbox One X and for me most of the perks worked out just fine. Cyberware, there was one that glitched with something... What comes to map errors, there was one quest marker that was bad at Pacifica, I was able to 100% rest of the areas.

iam realy sorry m8, that you have so many problems on your x-box... i realy am
i can only tell about my experience with the PC version
and i think i almost write that every time, that iam talking about the PC version

also, ofc purely a subective matter...
that the eart is a ellipsoid of revolution is a fact
Mathematic is a fact
i cant say that the game is good becasue thats a fact...

An easy question if ever there was one.

Of course they're making money.

13 million estimated sales within 10 days. That's counting all refunds and pending refund request that were sent through every channel BUT not those sent directly to them by e-mail.

Then it went through most of the entire Steam winter sale as number #1 top seller. Dipped to #2 for two days then went right back up to number 1 during the sale. Which means it sold a lot of copies. As it stands it's still #3 on Steam.

They fell into profit territory with the pre-orders alone (8mil), there is no doubt they're making money with the game. For all it's faults, the game IS a commercial success.

Funny, I don't have that fancy console, just Xbox One X and for me most of the perks worked out just fine. Cyberware, there was one that glitched with something... What comes to map errors, there was one quest marker that was bad at Pacifica, I was able to 100% rest of the areas.
My cyberware was non functional, half on my cyberdeck had no effects. I deleted ALL my save files and reinstalled 2 times. Even new characters had the same problemfreat you did not have problems but the game is nonetheless fucked.
Post automatically merged:

iam realy sorry m8, that you have so many problems on your x-box... i realy am
i can only tell about my experience with the PC version
and i think i almost write that every time, that iam talking about the PC version

also, ofc purely a subective matter...
that the eart is a ellipsoid of revolution is a fact
Mathematic is a fact
i cant say that the game is good becasue thats a fact...
We should agree that the game is far from perfect or great.

We should agree that the game is far from perfect or great.
i can agree on that... its not perfect...
is it the best game i ever played?
i realy cant awnser that question...
i play games on computer since i got a Commodore 116..so roughly since 1987
but i have to admit, its one of the singleplayergames which did facinated me the most, because i did realy like the story
there are not many games where i had tears in my eyes...
but this damn games even let my eyes back in tears every time those damn credits roll and you get all those phone calls

same for Mass Effect 1... when you meet Sovering for the 1st time... man i had goosebumbs all over

it was disaster

I have been hearing this a lot. And it makes me chuckle. Some facts for you;

- Over 13 million units sold (after refunds)
- over 320million in profit
- 80+% rating on steam
- 80+% average review scores
- 3 weeks on steam #1 sales list, still in top 5.

I wish ALL my projects ended up as a "disaster" by your standards, I'd be quite pleased with myself.

The mod seems to misunderstand my post to being off-topic. I will go in more details.

The game was orignally as planned to be IMMERSIVE RPG, but it downgraded to GENERIC Action Ego-shooter.
Outraged dissappointed customers sound so bad, because it was not delivered as the Devs promised, but the game isn't a flop. It's still an attractive game for the certain target audience, who loves Action Ego-shooter with cool story like Farcry.

The review is more positive than negative beside the bug problems. My points, CDPR is still making money with Cyberpunk.

- 80+% rating on steam

I wish ALL my projects ended up as a "disaster" by your standards, I'd be quite pleased with myself.

Quite a bit inaccurate but gets the point across.

My cyberware was non functional, half on my cyberdeck had no effects. I deleted ALL my save files and reinstalled 2 times. Even new characters had the same problemfreat you did not have problems but the game is nonetheless fucked.
Okay, that's bad. But at the same time, 34,4% of players has The High Priestess Achievement and 22,4% of player has achievement for completion main story. So, not everyone, not even near have has experienced as bad issues with game as you.

I of course hope 1.1 patch will change things for the better for everyone.

The mod seems to misunderstand my post to being off-topic. I will go in more details.

The game was orignally as planned to be IMMERSIVE RPG, but it downgraded to GENERIC Action Ego-shooter.
Outraged dissappointed customers sound so bad, because it was not delivered as the Devs promised, but the game isn't a flop. It's still an attractive game for the certain target audience, who loves Action Ego-shooter with cool story like Farcry.

The review is more positive than negative beside the bug problems. My points, CDPR is still making money with Cyberpunk.
The gun play is as good as Far Cry, but the story is way better. It is always the strongest point in CDPR games.

@xlawx you know why i like the game so much?

because of this
i also like the combat and love the story...
but the detail of some stuff is just incredible
i i do feal immersed into this world... if you dont.. its ok..
but dont say its not immersive at all
even a book can be immersive

- 80+% rating on steam

Why did it sell well? Because of the marketing before the launch. 8 million Pre-orders and additional 5 million sold on day one, because some people were smart enough to not preorder but trusted the reviews who showed canned footage from CDPR, because that was the deal.

You can bet that especially the console players would not have brought the game if they knew in what state it was in but the review process was influenced by CDPR.

It was a disaster for CDPR. They might not want to realise it but their reputation has taken a massive hit, their stock value is down to half ot the original price and Sony took their game from their shop. Thats a first.

The gun play is as good as Far Cry, but the story is way better. It is always the strongest point in CDPR games.
The gunplay is OK but not stellar. Destiny has far better gunplay, fallout has worse.

Sony took their game from their shop

Sony took the game from their store because their store refund policy is toxic to begin with. Nothing to do with quality of game. It will get back to PS store, at some point and probably sell quite well there. Also, game has been the most played single player game in Steam for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom