Is CDPR making money with Cyberpunk 2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

DC9V

Forum veteran
CDPR's share price seems to be somewhat stable again, hovering between 50 and 60€.

> You're referring to the 13 mil sales that CDPR told us about. That's estimated sales (CDPR's own words, available through the investors call transcript if you're interested) and it does not include refund requests sent through e-mail directly to them. I'm pretty sure they're not even done going through those.

Please cite your data, source that number is incorrect. I'll wait. Until you do have a said source aside from it's untrue because I assume it is that is the data, fact we have. Nice try at begging the question logical fallacy however ;)

Bottom line THEY commented AFTER refunds they still have more then 13 mill units sold (and that was 3 weeks ago, over 14 at this point I'd estimate considering the #1 sales chat ranking)

> Based on assuming the 13 mil sales figure is true, which is flawed as per the above. Furthermore, it does not account for the sellers' cut.

That is my formula how I came to that number, and I did take that into account. Don't assume.

>Not sure where you're getting that average. 78% on Steam, 3.8/5 (76%) on GoG.

sigh.. 80-ish.. happy now and done splitting hairs?

Also yes THREE weeks strait at #1 on steam, as of last week (week 4) #3. Unless you are implying blues news is complicit in reporting the numbers in some kind of conspiracy in CP's behalf?

> Like I said, inaccurate but not a bad painting by any measure.

There is inaccuracy here but not on my part. What I do see is someone hell bent on finding (or creating) the negatives and refusing to give credit where it is due in their biased attempt to attack the game. shrug

> You're referring to the 13 mil sales that CDPR told us about. That's estimated sales (CDPR's own words, available through the investors call transcript if you're interested) and it does not include refund requests sent through e-mail directly to them. I'm pretty sure they're not even done going through those.

Please cite your data, source that number is incorrect. I'll wait. Until you do have a said source aside from it's untrue because I assume it is that is the data, fact we have. Nice try at begging the question logical fallacy however ;)

Bottom line THEY commented AFTER refunds they still have more then 13 mill units sold (and that was 3 weeks ago, over 14 at this point I'd estimate considering the #1 sales chat ranking)

CDPR's actual reports.

Allow me to make it as simple as can be.

...it estimates that by 20 December inclusive gamers have purchased over 13 million copies of Cyberpunk 2077. This figure represents the estimated volume of retail sales across all hardware platforms (factoring in returns submitted by retail clients in brick-and-mortar as well as digital storefronts), i.e. the “sell-through” figure, less all refund requests e-mailed directly to the Company by the publication date of this report in the framework of the “Help Me Refund” campaign.

Keywords - estimated, less all refunds request through e-mail directly to CDPR that are not factored in

But, hey, at least we agree it probably has sold far more by now.

> Based on assuming the 13 mil sales figure is true, which is flawed as per the above. Furthermore, it does not account for the sellers' cut.

That is my formula how I came to that number, and I did take that into account. Don't assume.

Hence, your formula cannot possibly be right unless you know exactly how those sales are distributed amongst sellers AND how much they've actually sold.

By your final number it's clear you went for a safe 30% across the board (the smart thing to do) but unless you have exact numbers, it could be completely off.

If you're off, you're probably not that far off. I'm betting more in the ballpark of 200mil myself once they've given the investors their dividend. Even then, it's guesstimates since neither of us have solid numbers.

>Not sure where you're getting that average. 78% on Steam, 3.8/5 (76%) on GoG.

sigh.. 80-ish.. happy now and done splitting hairs?

Right, conveniently leave out the metacritic user score average of 7.2.

75-ish seems much closer to reality, but, yeah, I agree it's nitpicking for the sake of accuracy.

Also yes THREE weeks strait at #1 on steam, as of last week (week 4) #3. Unless you are implying blues news is complicit in reporting the numbers in some kind of conspiracy in CP's behalf?

I have no idea what that website is. After looking it up, I frankly can't be bothered to consider some random blog as accurate. I've seen, as in with my own eyes, CP2077 dip to second and third place right behind Rust and that CS:GO DLC for 2 or 3 days during the Steam Winter sale.

> Like I said, inaccurate but not a bad painting by any measure.

There is inaccuracy here but not on my part. What I do see is someone hell bent on finding (or creating) the negatives and refusing to give credit where it is due in their biased attempt to attack the game. shrug

Let me tell you what I see then. Someone who cannot STAND being told that he might not be right. Heck you can't seem to stand being told you're not COMPLETELY right.

I guess part of that is on me. I should've guessed how this was gonna go once you asked what your "inaccuracies" were. It already looked very defensive.

Oh, and please, take a look at my post history and tell me how I'm "biased" against the game. What you'll find is that I've often said I enjoy the game, support CDPR, remain hopeful that they'll improve the game and so on.

If anything I see the positive far more than the negative. Not to mention, I was actually agreeing with you about the game being in a very good spot. Just because someone tries bringing more accuracy to your post doesn't mean they disagree with you.

Try being less defensive.

Last edited:
I refund my game 4. January 2020. Of course not all refunds are calculated, for sure not at 20. Der.
How could they?

I refund my game 4. January 2020. Of course not all refunds are calculated, for sure not at 20. Der.
How could they?
didnt you play the whole game from start to finish?
you sure you get a refund?
or did you thought why not try it?

I wish I could still refund my copy of the game. Dunno if I think the same after half a year of patches cause they are "happy with the products that is already out"

It is actually quite horrible on PS5 at the moment. It consistently crashes while driving around the city, and this is especially true as of 1.06. I really hope the next update improves things but honestly not holding my breath. The game looks good, but it just crashes all the darn time.

I played for over 200 hours across 3 playthroughs, I love this game. It came out early December right when I going through a health problems that left me with full days where I just had to keep busy doing nothing... so I played CP2077.

I have sadly deleted the game from my HD and, even though its like an addiction, will wait until a proper PS5 edition is released. I just couldn't take the frustration of such an unstable game any more.... I'm hoping the shakes leave in a few days lol.

Yes they are.
It's not about if the game is good.
At this age, how you sale, and what quality your last game have, is much important.
But it doesn't meant that this game's awful quality is nothing serious.
People trust CDPR because TW series, and they perpetuate it into CP2077.
And the doubt will also perpetuate into their next game.
The result of this game would cause ill effect at CDPR's next game.
They would have a tag that "a company which made CP2077, a disaster at console".
And that's the day they can't make money.
There are lessons you can drawn from Ubisoft's mistakes. Assassin's Creed Series experienced it.
One of the series awful, it would stil sells good, the series is the one who get a heavy punch and will lose at next one. In many cases, it would kill the series even the company because the investor can forsight the future failure and refuse to give money.
That's why they have to defend their reputation.

Last edited:
>Allow me to make it as simple as can be.

Followed by "if", "betting", "unless"

And I am simply here using the "over 13 million units after refunds" tweet by them. But sure you flop around trying to justify why I am so off and I'll be over using the number THEY gave for my formula. Shrug

This is where you make your I have no facts to back this up but still going to give allegations they are lying or wrong... I'll grab the popcorn.

> I have no idea what that website is. After looking it up, I frankly can't be bothered to consider some random blog as accurate

Then you are not much of a gamer, which is fine of course. But I'd suggest a gaming news site that's been around since the 90s and has a stellar rep is pretty reliable source. Also, friendly advice, may want to actually do a little research on a something before publicly dismissing it out of ignorance simply because you are out of the loop.

>Let me tell you what I see then. Someone who cannot STAND being told that he might not be right. Heck you can't seem to stand being told you're not COMPLETELY right.

Actually not accurate, I am 100% ok being corrected or being wrong. It is how we learn and grow. What I DO take issue with is someone who simply retorts in essence "you are wrong" with no context or data to support that claim. Then wonders why someone would question them like they didn't open the door on the topic and it MUST be because he is defensive not that I just rudely and arrogantly retorted with a dismissive post. Can't be that.

And there IS someone being very defensive here *looks at the last 1/3 of your post* but don't think that's me.

didnt you play the whole game from start to finish?
you sure you get a refund?
or did you thought why not try it?
I refunded the game after finishing it.

Why did I refund? Because the last patch broke cyberware and cyberdeck on console. In addition to game breaking bugs, the lousy game mechanics were not even working anymore.

That was my point where I thought so myself, it's time to act.

Jan 5.

I refunded the game after finishing it.

Why did I refund? Because the last patch broke cyberware and cyberdeck on console. In addition to game breaking bugs, the lousy game mechanics were not even working anymore.

That was my point where I thought so myself, it's time to act.

Jan 5.
how many hours did you play?
i just wonder if the realy gonna refund someone who finishd the game and played maybe ~50-100 hours

how many hours did you play?
i just wonder if the realy gonna refund someone who finishd the game and played maybe ~50-100 hours
Microsoft does.
They are asking for a reason.

My money was.bi in my bank account before Microsoft sent me the confirmation mail.thatmmy refund was granted.

Why did they do it? Because the game is a broken mess on consoles.

Microsoft does.
They are asking for a reason.

My money was.bi in my bank account before Microsoft sent me the confirmation mail.thatmmy refund was granted.

Why did they do it? Because the game is a broken mess on consoles.
and your still here complaining over a game that you got refunded and dont actualy have...
hmm... ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom