Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I like this new direction

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I don't like the new direction but I'm not worried

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I don't think they're going in a new direction

Votes: 87 60.4%

• Total voters
They are not moving in a new direction at all, you are imagining things OP just because you didn't like the last expansion

---------- Updated at 02:56 AM ----------

Note the very important word "similar". Act IV took place in the main game and was a part of the main story. BaW took place either apart/after the main story, and takes place in a completely different location. It deliberately has a different feel and tone to it by design, just as HoS did. You're free to dislike that tone, but running around like a headless chicken screaming that Cyberpunk 2077 is totally going to have the same tone as Blood and Wine is idiotic at best.

Really it sounds like you just didn't like BaW and are worried that it is what all future games will be like for some dumb reason, so you're making it out to be something worse than it is.

---------- Updated at 06:30 PM ----------

Because if they really were as obsessed with "pandering", or "winning people back" as you/others seem to believe, a Citadel DLC is exactly what they would've made. But that's not what I think happened. I think the writers, concept artists, gameplay designers, and all the rest of the team have grown weary of the same wartorn Witcher areas they've been making since W1 and the heads wanted to let them try something new and different. Hence Touissant.

Edit: I see the forums have finally achieved their final mutation into the BSN. Can't wait for 10 years from now where Witcher 3 is hailed as "the last good CDPR game" lol.

Damm lets hope not. BSN just became a shitty place, even Bioware is sick of it now and is shutting it down.
Lets hope CDPR fans aren't that toxic and nostalgia obsessed

Funnily enough, I was going to say something similar.

It's pretty clear that you have never actually visited the BSN. It's probably one of the single most toxic places on the internet, and the most critical of Bioware's games. David Gaider and the devs refused to frequent it because of the constant negativity and disrespect towards their colleagues. Hence why they are shutting it down.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty clear that you have never actually visited the BSN. It's probably one of the single most toxic places on the internet, and the most critical of Bioware's games. David Gaider and the devs refused to frequent it because of the constant negativity and disrespect towards their colleagues. Hence why they are shutting it down.

If BSN is the most toxic forum on the internet then you must not go to many sites. lol!

As for Gaider and some of the other staff members at BioWare. I'm just going to say that the toxicity on their forum was a two way street and leave it at that.

As for the poll. My vote is "I don't think they are going in a new direction." :D

Weren't TW1, TW2, and TW3 enough?

They were but you can always do better right? I think Cyberpunk is gonna be a big test for CD Project. Right now the will have to figure out more things on their own. In Witcher they have a world, a well-established characters in that world. In the're new game many things they will have to do from scratch. I am excited to see how they gonna to do it. If they succeed or not.

Right now the will have to figure out more things on their own ... In the're new game many things they will have to do from scratch. I am excited to see how they gonna to do it. If they succeed or not.

That's honestly one of the reasons why I am so excited for CP 2077 and whatever their unnamed new IP is. The best parts of the Witcher 3 were, in my opinion, the ones which CDPR invented themselves, e.g. Olgierd, Gaunter O'Dimm, the Crones, the Bloody Baron, etc. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the nods to Sapkowski as well - Regis is the best - but I like to see the devs flex their creative muscles.

That's honestly one of the reasons why I am so excited for CP 2077 and whatever their unnamed new IP is. The best parts of the Witcher 3 were, in my opinion, the ones which CDPR invented themselves, e.g. Olgierd, Gaunter O'Dimm, the Crones, the Bloody Baron, etc. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the nods to Sapkowski as well - Regis is the best - but I like to see the devs flex their creative muscles.

Wow! I didn't realize that at all.

Hm...has the lore been holding C.D.P.R. back?

Wow! I didn't realize that at all.

Hm...has the lore been holding C.D.P.R. back?
The take on The White Frost and The End Of Times was not good in TW3. And not because they cant write good quests and dialog, but its time. CDPR ran out of time its clear. Lot of story has been skipped and stuff like sunstone where so weird. It's to bad that they needed to launch the game in 2015; wish they waited 6 months more to fill in the gaps en write/make a better complete ending.

So for Cyberpunk they only need to manage expectation and set realistic goals. Don't say you have a 200h game and then make an mediocer main story (last half).

The take on The White Frost and The End Of Times was not good in TW3. And not because they cant write good quests and dialog, but its time. CDPR ran out of time its clear. Lot of story has been skipped and stuff like sunstone where so weird. It's to bad that they needed to launch the game in 2015; wish they waited 6 months more to fill in the gaps en write/make a better complete ending.

So for Cyberpunk they only need to manage expectation and set realistic goals. Don't say you have a 200h game and then make an mediocer main story (last half).

I don't think that the main story had was as flawed as some might believe, but I do think that they shouldn't bind themselves to release dates. If you need more time, take it. Most of the fans can wait.

I don't think that the main story had was as flawed as some might believe, but I do think that they shouldn't bind themselves to release dates. If you need more time, take it. Most of the fans can wait.

They did delay the game, originally it was planned to be released about half a year earlier than when it actually has been. But it had to be released at some point, while more delay would have allowed for some improvements and more polished content, it was probably not feasible to change the release date again by months for a third time. Interestingly, even the POI system that can be seen in the final game was added only after the delay, the initial version of the world was found to be too empty, so in the last few months they added all those smugglers' caches and other simple points of interests.

They did delay the game, originally it was planned to be released about half a year earlier than when it actually has been. But it had to be released at some point, while more delay would have allowed for some improvements and more polished content, it was probably not feasible to change the release date again by months for a third time. Interestingly, even the POI system that can be seen in the final game was added only after the delay, the initial version of the world was found to be too empty, so in the last few months they added all those smugglers' caches and other simple points of interests.

Oh, no...those were no good. :/

Those smugglers' caches, abandoned villages, and the like were BioWare-esque space-fillers. They were one of the few things that I simply didn't like about the game.

"?"s should have been reserved for quests, places of power, and interesting areas.

Those smugglers' caches, abandoned villages, and the like were BioWare-esque space-fillers. They were one of the few things that I simply didn't like about the game.

"?"s should have been reserved for quests, places of power, and interesting areas.

Yeah, the smugglers' caches were just terrible. I remember I spent about 5 hours one day sailing around in a skiff just to knock out all of those question marks in Skellige. I felt dirty afterward :p The abandoned villages weren't quite as bad, but yeah, they reeked of Bioware.

Yeah, the smugglers' caches were just terrible. I remember I spent about 5 hours one day sailing around in a skiff just to knock out all of those question marks in Skellige. I felt dirty afterward :p The abandoned villages weren't quite as bad, but yeah, they reeked of Bioware.

Skellige was definitely worse than Novigrad and Velen. Endless hours of nothing but shooting monsters with a cross-bow and sailing around. :p

I couldn't agree more.

Can't say I were too fond of the horse races or fist fighting either.

I couldn't agree more.

Can't say I were too fond of the horse races or fist fighting either.

Actually, now that I think about it....

In TW3, there are nearly 200 quests. But, a huge number of these are easily miss-able, which sucks for people who want to experience the entire game. What I would have LIKED to see, was those 200 "?"s scrapped, and replaced with some of the notice-board quests, and all of the random encounter quests. It would lead to almost as many question marks, and the world would still remain full and interesting. Add in some interesting locations, and there you go....

Actually, now that I think about it....

In TW3, there are nearly 200 quests. But, a huge number of these are easily miss-able, which sucks for people who want to experience the entire game. What I would have LIKED to see, was those 200 "?"s scrapped, and replaced with some of the notice-board quests, and all of the random encounter quests. It would lead to almost as many question marks, and the world would still remain full and interesting. Add in some interesting locations, and there you go....

Agreed and something like this would had been nice to have been implemented officially.

I also remember seeing an arena challenge mod in the works but I'm not sure what happened to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom