Is CDPR too generous with the reward system?

+
Feels like when I am watching Gwent players make deck vids, they are swimming in ores, kegs, scraps, powders. Like there is no end to it or there is no possible way to spend it all. Plus, the dailies and reward book gives too much of everything?

Nerys

Forum regular
It was very generous in open beta because you were able to mill every nerfed card for full value. These days it is only used for rework of the card so now it is less generous.

Plus there was a one day event where you were able to get guaranteed 1 legendary card in keg few weeks before Homecoming.

I would have agreed with you until 2h ago, when i learned that they removed the pity timer and the new expansions have 40% legendary cards.
Most streamers are beta players so they have a lot of scrap, but for new players gwent gets harder and harder.
they seem to be all friendly with great offers for new poeple and then remove the most important feature behind their back. I hope to get a statement about that, please support the thread so they dont just ignore it.

Do not forget that popular streamers receive some donations from their subscribers, which they could spend on pre-orders.

Your average successful streamer is playing Gwent for 4 - 6 hours a day on stream, and working on content or cross promotions for another 2 - 3 hours. Still, that amount of time they will easily play 30 games, which is enough to get you to 40 rounds minimum if you just win 33% of your games.

Plus if they were not console players, they were receiving random drops from watching other twitch streams, etc, in addition to whatever else they may receive from CDPR (if anything aside from the cardback.) Still, that is a ton of time to have accumulating the drops.

Top Bottom