Is CDPR working on a new patch exclusively for ps4 ?

+
Is CDPR working on a new patch exclusively for ps4 ?

I´ve been playing the witcher 3 for several days now and i first want to say that is one of the best games i've ever played, if not the best.

That being said, i must ask the devs: Are you working on a patch for optimizing the experiencie on ps4? The framerate drops are not problems that occur on xbox and pc, so there is no reason for expecting that a patch that fix bugs on every platform is going to solve this. Altough CDPR never said that the patch 1.04 or 1.03 were the solutions to the problem itself, every bug along with camera smoothness and horse riding stuttering were fixed cause the patch was meant for that specifically, so thanks for that =).

You can watch the digitalfoundry videos on youtube to notice that the ps4 drops reach the bar of 20 fps, even 19. This does not happen on xbox1.

Here is my feedback from my experience so far , the drops of fps are not in the entire game locations :

-Gameplay outside the big city of novigrad (like the area surrounding it, Velen, white oarch etc ) with rain and day/night cicle : Playable.
-Gameplay inside novigrad during day : Playable.
-Gameplay inside novigrad during day and raining : Playable but with some minor drops.
-Gameplay inside novigrad during night : Unplayable ( because of the fire ).
-Gameplay inside novigrad during night and rain : Unplayable ( fire + rain cause immense drops).
-Gameplay in the swamps of Velen : Unplayable (because of the fog). but when you skip the fog, the fps go up to 30.

Examples:
-The quest "Pyres of Novigrad" where you are helping triss in novigrad to get some things out of the water, and its raining during night : The fps drops make it unplayable.
-The quest where you go to talk to the Dreamer in novigrad, the incense smoke in the room make the fps drops very low, even during day.
-The quest "A matter of life and death" where you go to a party with triss and wear a wolf mask : Fps drops because of the fire.
-The quest where you follow the trail of treats in the swamps : Fps drops because of the fog.
-The Passiflora brothel stairs : Huge fps drops because of the fire lamps.

Summering :
-The drops are caused from the effects of fire , fog, mist, dust particles in the wind, and nothing else.

P.d : Sorry for my english.

Guest 3349340

Yeah. I (sadly) don`t think this is going to be fixed - if at all possible - any time soon. I just sold my ps4 copy of TW3, trying it on Xbox now. And though I have`nt reached the more critical points ingame yet, there are also some fps issues on Xbox. In my opinion at least (though I am also really sensitive with fps.) Hoping for a better experience on Xbox.

I´ve been playing the witcher 3 for several days now and i first want to say that is one of the best games i've ever played, if not the best.

That being said, i must ask the devs: Are you working on a patch for optimizing the experiencie on ps4? The framerate drops are not problems that occur on xbox and pc, so there is no reason for expecting that a patch that fix bugs on every platform is going to solve this. Altough CDPR never said that the patch 1.04 or 1.03 were the solutions to the problem itself, every bug along with camera smoothness and horse riding stuttering were fixed cause the patch was meant for that specifically, so thanks for that =).

You can watch the digitalfoundry videos on youtube to notice that the ps4 drops reach the bar of 20 fps, even 19. This does not happen on xbox1.

Here is my feedback from my experience so far , the drops of fps are not in the entire game locations :

-Gameplay outside the big city of novigrad (like the area surrounding it, Velen, white oarch etc ) with rain and day/night cicle : Playable.
-Gameplay inside novigrad during day : Playable.
-Gameplay inside novigrad during day and raining : Playable but with some minor drops.
-Gameplay inside novigrad during night : Unplayable ( because of the fire ).
-Gameplay inside novigrad during night and rain : Unplayable ( fire + rain cause immense drops).
-Gameplay in the swamps of Velen : Unplayable (because of the fog). but when you skip the fog, the fps go up to 30.

Examples:
-The quest "Pyres of Novigrad" where you are helping triss in novigrad to get some things out of the water, and its raining during night : The fps drops make it unplayable.
-The quest where you go to talk to the Dreamer in novigrad, the incense smoke in the room make the fps drops very low, even during day.
-The quest "A matter of life and death" where you go to a party with triss and wear a wolf mask : Fps drops because of the fire.
-The quest where you follow the trail of treats in the swamps : Fps drops because of the fog.
-The Passiflora brothel stairs : Huge fps drops because of the fire lamps.

Summering :
-The drops are caused from the effects of fire , fog, mist, dust particles in the wind, and nothing else.

P.d : Sorry for my english.

Agreed. I've had the EXACT same experience in those areas and with those conditions. Similarly, once you get to Skellige the same fps drops occur when you reach the site of the cataclysm with Yennefer; at Kaer Trolde during the mead hall celebration with a lot of npc's; and the coronation of the new king in the woods (again with a lot of npc's and fire). These drops are recurring and obvious under the same sets of conditions on ps4. I hope they can address this in a custom ps4 patch without downgrading the game.

Yeah i hope they fix it soon. At least the causes of it should be known by everyone to make easier the work of CDPR.

Top Bottom