Is Ciri going to be in the W3?

+
Is Ciri going to be in the W3?

Disclaimer: I never read the Books, so please pardon my ignorance.

...And if so, why is she introduced so late in the series considering her importance in the books? The same could be said about Yen, but in her particular case, at least her name was mentioned throughout the games. I think there was a reference about ciri in the W1, but her name was never bluntly said out loud. Why do think the devs decided to do things this way?

EDIT: I was wrong. Turns out her name was mentioned in the first game.

Last edited:
SPOILER! Maybe she wasnt around until now because she has an ability to travel between worlds, and she left the witcher world... Why she came back is a mystery though. Maybe because Wild Hunt captured Geralt, or maybe Wild Hunt was somehow able to reach her in the distant world she was hiding on, and brought her back. We will have answers once the game is released :hmm: And Yen wasnt around because she is in Nilfgaard, without her memory and under the lock.

Actually, she was mentioned in the first (the inkeeper - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEzO5AQn_tI) as well as in the second Witcher (animated cutscene describing pogrom in Rivia, Geralt's stabbing and appearance of a "girl with ashen hair.." - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQOdoUo18lg)

She surely is a major character in the books, the story of the games goes different way though, so even If I can't wait to see her in the game, I kinda understand the path CDPR chose.

Last edited:
Well, we can be pretty sure she will be present, this fact was spoiled by the first artwork, afterall. The real question is, how significant her role will be, in the story. Assuming the artwork Gameinformer showed us was intentionally showing her (although she's hooded in that picture, but cmon, there's no doubt it's her.) CDPR wanted us to know she's gonna be involved, and I understand that intention as showing her as a major character. Hope we won't be dissapointed.

Actually, she was mentioned in the first (the inkeeper - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEzO5AQn_tI) as well as in the second Witcher (animated cutscene describing pogrom in Rivia, Geralt's stabbing and appearance of a "girl with ashen hair.." - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQOdoUo18lg)

She surely is a major character in the books, the story of the games goes different way though, so even If I can't wait to see her in the game, I kinda understand the path CDPR chose.

Yes, the first link you'd provided I seem to remember; the second link I completely forgot about. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Well, we can be pretty sure she will be present, this fact was spoiled by the first artwork, afterall.

Very interesting. I saw the cover art awhile back & never connected the dots lol.

Last edited:
I want a great game. Whether or not this character fits in the designers project and reflections, I will enjoy The Witcher 3.

Guest 3702081

Well, the game focuses on the Wild Hunt, so I assume it's quite unlikely Ciri won't play a prominent role or will at least show up later in the game. And there's the artwork.

Well, the game focuses on the Wild Hunt, so I assume it's quite unlikely Ciri won't play a prominent role or will at least show up later in the game. And there's the artwork.

WHAT ! The Wild Hunt is just a poor excuse to show Ciri, this games will be for Ciri and by Ciri, are you ciriusly about this ?! even i think that Ciri should be the main character !

I think that for the first and to a lesser extent the second game they were wary of touching the original source material too much. There are some parallels between TW1 and the books, though.

Ciri = Alvin (as a child)
Vilgefortz = Azar Javed
Rience = The Professor
Striga = striga

They borrowed a lot of themes from the source material, but used the whole amnesia thing as a way to avoid directly continuing the saga.

I think know that they feel like they know what they are doing, they are recognizing the need to take care of this whole "lost my memory" thing and go ahead and take on the prospect of a continuation of the source material. I think they'll do ok.

I want a great game. Whether or not this character fits in the designers project and reflections, I will enjoy The Witcher 3.

But I very much hope that the Witcher 3 will be a great game with my favorite character in it.

I mean, let's be cirious.... both Yennefer and Ciri are important parts of the Witcher saga and it would be a bit
of a letdown if the trilogy would end without showing us what has become of them.

I'm sorry, perhaps I should say equally. It is closer to the truth. ::)

Thank you for your motivating words, my friend.

I'll try my best to make it a fun project, but I know I can't be anywhere near TW3 with it.
That being said, I'm so excited for TW3's upcoming release !

Top Bottom