Is Cyberpunk 2077 a title to interest the Witcher funs

+
Hey, I write it what's below coz i very loved the Witcher 3 and i almost end it. I like games like gothic... and the Witcher and The Las of Us maybe, And i have very liked The Longest Journey
Will cyberpunk have a plot to compare with those titles? coz when its just a game only within the world of Blade Runner like frames then its not enough for me to spend time for it... what do you thing?

It will be very different than TW3. The biggest places where I think it will be similar is (1) focus on story and (2) quest design. Mechanically and setting wise it seems fairly different. It's likely less linear (both in character progression and storytelling), more varied in gameplay options, and thematically more dystopian.

This WItcher fan is interested, but because of the developer, not the genre.
I think it will be a different experience, and I hope it will be so. Geralt in TW3 is a known character; he is someone we came to be familiar with through the books and the earlier WItcher games. So in our minds we expect the Geralt in TW3 to behave in a certain way, react in a certain way. Sometimes I apply the WWGD principle when confronted with a dilemma in TW3 - What Would Geralt Do - based on what I know of him from the books and the previous games.
V, on the other hand, is a blank slate. You are free to play him/her in any way you see fit and it would not be out of place. For instance, Geralt would hesitate before killing a doppler or a succubus. An action like going full psycho and slaughtering an entire village (like Gaetan did) would be something Geralt simply does not do. And indeed, the game doesn't allow you to - you can't attack innocents. But with V we can explore the darker side of the protagonist's humanity (Geralt as a metahuman; V enhanced by cybernetics) and see where that takes us.
Most RPGs have us playing an inherently "good" person, out to save the world. TW3 offers a refreshing change from that trope - Geralt is out simply to rescue Ciri, albeit doing good things along the way. I do hope CDPR allows us to play a darker, more selfish protagonist in CP2077, looking out only for V.

yes, but i'd like to know if the plot introduced here within Cyberpunk world is worth to spend time exporing it. I wanna feel emotions and get out of the real world for the while, not just spend the time for CS like a game. My question is if the world of cyberpunk 2077 is similar to some parts of The Longest Journey game when April FELT what the people living... for no reason... just existed but she watched them... and there was a reason for it, I wanna feel the plot that convince me I'm lucky i have spent time to explore the game. Or shortly, I wanna know if the story introduced here is the important part of the product.

DC9V

Forum veteran
It will be very different than TW3. The biggest places where I think it will be similar is (1) focus on story and (2) quest design. Mechanically and setting wise it seems fairly different. It's likely less linear (both in character progression and storytelling), more varied in gameplay options, and thematically more dystopian.
I think the RPG factor is far bigger than most people expect. If you like dicision making that has influence on the story, you will love Cyberpunk 2077. It will probably be a big part of it, just as the TW3.
Here's a quote from a quest designer:
Post automatically merged:

the WWGD principle - What Would Geralt Do
lol :ok:

Top Bottom