Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
But you are suggesting, too.
I don't know why your suggestion should be more valide then mine :shrug:.

No, I pointed out that employees leave, if they aren't satisfied with their working enviroment. If you get "crunched", the exec don't listen, if you try to make a good product/service and you get no chance to do it. You reach a point where you are thinking: "Well, f* it!" Everybody has a point where it is enough. That's real life. No poetry in it.
Good luck finding another gaming company to work for in Poland

You mean the sun ending?

V dies, too.
what do you mean... the game ends while drifting to the space station, Mr Blue Eyes made a deal with you to help you.. not sure who or what he is. but the questline "Dream On" showed that hes more then capable

On the way to the spacestation V's helmet loses air. *pfft* And for me it looks like he accepted his death in this moment.

On the way to the spacestation V's helmet loses air. *pfft* And for me it looks like he accepted his death in this moment.
well, i think it was just air thrusters to push V into the direction... something like this, but smaller https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/SAFER_-_Simplified_Aid_for_EVA_Rescue_2.jpg , (you kinda cant navigate in space without) also i think the space station heist will be a DLC, so i dont think V died because of Air while drifting to the station.

iam not sure what you are talking about...
every game has bugs... AC Valhalla still has a lot of bugs
is AC valhalla an unfinished game because it has bugs?
i dont wanna spoil you, but every game has some bugs

i could finish every side quest (still cant finish some in ac valhalla)
i could finish the main story

if you dont have fun with this game.. well thats not my fault
Problem is its not only bugs, there are literal areas which you can explore that are unfinished, also finished games dont get removed from shops and offered full refund. Then there is also skill system which you can open and see yourself that one panel is missing, perks not working, clothes modds not working, i understand that you dont care about these things, but saying that game is finished is borderline stupid

ok...
iam not sure if its the solution you wanna hear...
but i would deconsturct/sell everything that isnt legendary armor
and all non iconic weapons

just try it and take a look at the save game size
So what i did is:
first i sold thousand of crafting materials like 25000 of them and my save droped from 10042 to 10032
Then i shred 150 items since i have to manually get them one by one from stash -_-
My save droped from 10032 to 10015 so i dont guess its a valuable option :[

So what i did is:
first i sold thousand of crafting materials like 25000 of them and my saved droped from 10042 to 10032
Then i shred 150 items since i have to manually get them one by one from stach -_-
the crafting mats amount count as 1...
its the amount of different items like 500 different armors or guns..
CDPR did mention that befor 1.06
i realy did hope it may be lowerd your save, because it maybe cleans up your database
seems not the case

take a look at nexusmods.. i did see a savegame editor there somewhere..
maybe that could help... but i dont know for sure
like i sayed.. i did all side and main quests.. have all cars iconics and legendary armors and only 5.6mb savegame size

So what i did is:
first i sold thousand of crafting materials like 25000 of them and my save droped from 10042 to 10032
Then i shred 150 items since i have to manually get them one by one from stash -_-

I don't think it will.

I've seen posts where some people used a console mod to dump literally every known item in the game to their inventory, yet never mentioned encountering this bug.

the crafting mats amount count as 1...
its the amount of different items like 500 different armors or guns..
CDPR did mention that befor 1.06
i realy did hope it may be lowerd your save, because it maybe cleans up your database
seems not the case

take a look at nexusmods.. i did see a savegame editor there somewhere..
maybe that could help... but i dont know for sure
like i sayed.. i did all side and main quests.. have all cars iconics and legendary armors and only 5.6mb savegame size
Ill check for editors, i already filled a ticket to the support too.
Thank you :cool:

I'm playing on the PC and I just love the game... but I also didnt join any hype train or even knew the game existed until like a month or 2 before it released... and it is awesome... one game breaking bug I ran into was with cyberware quick hacks skills and items literally disappearing from game play and can't get it back up on my character. BUT DAMN.... I am impressed with what the devs have done. Never played Witcher, didnt like the cowboy game... but this creation here was top notch... so THANK YOU CDPR!

I don't think it will.

I've seen posts where some people used a console mod to dump literally every known item in the game to their inventory, yet never mentioned encountering this bug.
From what i read, everytime you craft/shred/sell/buy an item, it put a line in the savefile.
So all the past action ive done are recorded and there is nothing i can do about it right now...

Adding another voice to the “yes, most disappointing” crowd, at least for me. What they said vs. what they did was such a massive difference, how can you not be disappointed? It’s a game you can play (if you ignore last gen consoles) but how much can you really write off as consumers overhyping a game before you can put the blame on marketing for just flat out lying? I feel like I ordered a steak at a 5 star restaurant, but was delivered a Taco Bell quesarito and when I complain I’m told “well, it’s food isn’t it?”

I can’t compare it to games like RE3 remake and TLOU2, though, since I didn’t play those. I really only get hyped for RPGs and this was marketed for ages as THE RPG to end all RPGs but it messed up simple concepts for similar games that have been out for a literal decade. Like others have said it’s not the worst game ever by far, it’s just nothing like what they said we were getting and I cannot wrap my brain around how they intend to fix it without just re-releasing the game as an enhanced edition. Can you really patch in all the features they cut? Cop and NPC AI, the cyberware and skills that list features that don’t exist in the game, life paths that actually matter to your story, reputation system that means anything at all etc etc.

Last edited:
'What is' isn't much better than some Assassin's Creed game, and we were led to expect so much more. That's disappointing as hell.

That is the fault of the dev team for release too much information . I hope they have learned there lesson and never do that again . In my view all devs teams should take a lesson here and never reveal anything ahead of gold again.

I have the feeling Cyperpunk 2077 is kinda victim of the ''Duke Nukem Forever Syndrome''. It was in developpement for far too long (announcement in 2012) and the hype train only grew too long over the year for them to pull it into the station.

Pretty sure the game was rework and rethink multiple time over 8 year. Hell, they completely halt development during the development of The Witcher 3 for almost a year.

I'm a bit sad on how the game turn out (yes, I was a overhype), even if I have a lot of fun with it. I see a lot of miss opportunity, but I'm also glad it didn't turn out into a giant turd of a game.

I don't really mind the story. To me, it feel like a nice cyberpunk-type story. I'm more sad at the tightness of the game system. Gearing, perk, leveling and balancing are all over the place. Sure you can do some nice stuff with it, but there is a lot of bump and hole in it.

Futhermore, the Cyberware system is crap for a world that is kinda center on it. The selection is VERY limited, cosmetic aspect of them is nowhere to be seen and you can pretty much equip whatever you want without even having fear of getting comsume by cyberpsychosis (which is a big theme of the original world of Cyberpunk).

TLDR : I enjoy it for what it is, wish it could have been more.

TLDR : I enjoy it for what it is, wish it could have been more.

I think a lot of people feel much the same as you. So I'm looking at it from the following perspective:

Without hesitation, (ignoring the bugs and tech issues) I'd have dropped $19.99 on this game as "released". Because for what it "is", I would feel a lot more justified in my purchase.

But it simply isn't worth the $59.99 AAA pricetag Steam and others charged, based on what was "advertised" and "eluded to" it actually being. I could have requested a refund like many others. But I'm hopeful they'll turn this around, and we'll eventually arrive at the game I thought I had purchased. Taking my money from them won't help to achieve that goal. So I'm here. Pointing out every aspect of the game I see that doesn't line up, either literally or from a "perceived expectation", based on what they rather shadily advertised. Or is just plain broken or needs major improvement.

And I'm also waiting to see what Sony does. Whatever CDPR does won't need to satisfy us as much as it will Sony. Because if they don't re-add it to their store, CDPR will be in deep financial trouble. Because that's a huge revenue source to lose for any future titles. And with all the negative press around this launch, they're going to want a LOT more than just some bug fixes and optimization patches for their customers after the whole refund debacle.

So as they say, time will tell.

If this game was released in much better state, still most of us would find many reasons to complain.
Expectations were too high and CDPR is partialy to blame, so that's fair.

But complaining in almost every topic about game you guys hate for straight 22 days since the release ? is this some sort of self harm fixation ? Average gamer would need about 2 hours to realize Cyberpunk is not for them, however some people in here say they've played this game for nearly 100h, explaining to everyone how they hated the whole thing.

Is beeing positive about something even legal anymore ?

This topic is "Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most disappointing game of 2020," so posts saying that the game is disappointing are both on topic & appropriate. I would assume as well that a lot of people who didn't enjoy the game but arestill posting criticism here are hoping concerns will be addressed and that after updates it will be a game they enjoy.

Of course some players can get carried away with criticism and veer into the toxic, or offer criticism that is unfair or too nitpicky, but fans of games can behave just as badly in trying to defend the thing they love. Just as some posters that don't enjoy a game can behave like trolls, some fans can be aggressive, insulting, or try to shut down constructive criticism of the game.

That cuts both ways & isn't unique to Cyberpunk.

A few posts deleted. Personal skirmishes have no place in public threads, and rudeness is against the forum rules.
Do not attack other people for disagreeing with you, or for any other reason.

That is the fault of the dev team for release too much information . I hope they have learned there lesson and never do that again . In my view all devs teams should take a lesson here and never reveal anything ahead of gold again.
There is a difference between "releasing information" and outright... boasting? As long as pre-orders remain a thing, there will be marketing... except when you are Fromsoft. ;)

Top Bottom