Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nope, that title still belongs to games like Godfall, Marvel's Avengers & Resi 3.
Besides, I engaged in Expectation Management. I ignored the PR hype, & instead focused on what features from the Witcher games I wanted to see in CP2077-amazing main story, engaging & meaningful side quests, great characters & dialogue, a beautiful & immersive world, fun gameplay loops. I found all of that in this game, mixed in with full-blown character creation & developmemt mechanics that actually impacts the way you play the game. 55 hours in & I struggle to put the game down. I want to push the main story forward, but am also afraid to do so because I don't want the game to end.
Was the game buggy & glitchy? Yes, but no more than any other Open World RPG at release. Could it have had more features at launch? Perhaps, but I don't feel like the game is missing anything. Plus there are the DLC's & Expansions to look forward to.
Yes, they definitely bungled the launch of the game-especially on older consoles-but that is seperate to the question of if the game is disappointing
Post automatically merged:

I really get the feeling that some people were expecting The Holy Grail of gaming, or even another Witcher 3 (which I felt was basically "lightning in a bottle", like Bioware's Mass Effect 2). I had no such lofty expectations, & the admission to some features being cut between 2018 & 2020 merely reinforced that. That is probably why I am not remotely disappointed by the game.

Last edited:
Most disappointing games of the year titles fall into EA and Activision Blizzard titles for me. While CP77 retains my faith it'll get the medicine it needs. I enjoy the game and that is enough for me.

CP2077 is no OpenWorld-RPG for me like Witcher 3, RDR2 etc. I never played a Looter Shooter, because I don't like shooter anymore. But thx to CDPR I went down this unfriendly path and many times it was pure torture. Especially the gigs etc. So repetitive that it hurts.

What is kind of funny: I bought Assassin Creed Valhalla just to "test" my new released XSX and my expections were low. And hey, it wasn't THAT bad. There are a few nice views, it is way less buggy, the skillsystem is okay and it works. It isn't W3, RDR2, Kingdom Come Deliverance, either, but - okay.
If somebody had told me, that I would be less frustrated/disappointed about a Ubisoft(!)-game instead of one from CDPR I would have laughed my a*s off.

for me its the best game 2020, i realy love it
@Whitesad and it did get pull off the PSS store because CDPR told everyone to get refunds.. and SONY dosnt do refunds
They do, if you don't download/played the game.

Yes, and by far. The one game that had to be pulled out of the PS store because it's unplayable. Nothing comes close to this mess.

LOL, Tell that to the people who had copies of Anthem literally bricking their consoles-yet Playstation never pulled that game from the store because EA never tried to push them into it. Because EA didn't care how crap Anthem was once they got your money. CDPR knew they'd messed up & tried to offer returns for *all* players, which exposed just how scummy Sony's returns policy is. Stop trying to make Sony into some kind of hero here. If CDPR hadn't forced the issue, the game would still be on their store fronts, with literally no way to get your money refunded.

What is kind of funny: I bought Assassin Creed Valhalla just to "test" my new released XSX and my expections were low. And hey, it wasn't THAT bad. There are a few nice views, it is way less buggy, the skillsystem is okay and it works. It isn't W3, RDR2, Kingdom Come Deliverance, either, but - okay.
If somebody had told me, that I would be less frustrated/disappointed about a Ubisoft(!)-game instead of one from CDPR I would have laughed my a*s off.
AC Valhalla (did start Valhalla at release day) is/was way worse then Cyberpunk (did start Cyberpunk with 1.05)...
i was so exited about it...
but when i compare it vs Odyssey or Origins, omg, what a let down
and BUGs? there where a lot at release, and there are still a lot in there,
some quests didnt work, some opals you cant pick up
some skills dont work... and some of this is still the case
i already played Cyberpunk twice as much as AC Valhalla (Vallhalla completion 99% because some quests dont work)

i dont wanna say AC is a bad game, its still fun... but not as fun for me as Cyberpunk is (playing on PC)
but if you like Valhalla, go and play Origins and Odyssey, way better games and story

CP2077 is no OpenWorld-RPG for me like Witcher 3, RDR2 etc. I never played a Looter Shooter, because I don't like shooter anymore. But thx to CDPR I went down this unfriendly path and many times it was pure torture. Especially the gigs etc. So repetitive that it hurts.

They do, if you don't download/played the game.

LOL, this is far more of an RPG than Witcher 3 ever was. You can customize both the appearance & stats of your character, play through each mission the way you want, yet it still contains the same amount of looting & "repetitive" side quests as Witcher 3. I really think you're guilty of seeing Witcher 3 through rose-tinted glasses. As for RDR2, if the game is so great, how come its only been completed by 15% of players? Oh, & don't get me started on the crappy PC port we initially got. The fact you compare this to an Ubisoft game really makes me feel like you need to have your mouth washed out with soap.

omg, Watchdogs 1+2 wher realy bad...
The Devision.. 1 was ok to a certain point (buggy like hell) The Devision 2 i did play for like 20minutes bevor i let it cover dust...
RDR2, i whanted to like it, but i couldnt finnish it, it was way to booring clunky to play (PC)

Cyberpunk 2077 is for me the most disappointing game of all time. Even completely excusing expectations based on deceptive marketing and bait and switch promises it's just an over all bad game. I don't know if it's because the gaming industry has become so watered down that standards have fallen beneath the ocean floor, low IQ or people just cannot deal with reality but it's just not a good game by almost any meaning of the word good. From a business or games developer perspective I can't imagine not being ashamed of being associated with CP2077 outside of a few aspects.
Post automatically merged:

He did an amazing job pointing out the colossal failure that CP2077 is.

AC Valhalla (did start Valhalla at release day) is/was way worse then Cyberpunk (did start Cyberpunk with 1.05)...
i was so exited about it...
but when i compare it vs Odyssey or Origins, omg, what a let down
and BUGs? there where a lot at release, and there are still a lot in there,
some quests didnt work, some opals you cant pick up
some skills dont work... and some of this is still the case
i already played Cyberpunk twice as much as AC Valhalla (Vallhalla completion 99% because some quests dont work)

i dont wanna say AC is a bad game, its still fun... but not as fun for me as Cyberpunk is (playing on PC)
but if you like Valhalla, go and play Origins and Odyssey, way better games and story
I didn't like Odyseey because imho it has
a) a kind of grindsystem, forcing people to microtransact. If the greed of Studios got an impact on the gameplay, well, don't like it.
b) Similar to CP2077 you get overwhelming masses of loot. Valhalla has the same system like W3: choose a armor/weapon and pimp it up. In CP that didn't work, bc sometimes you get items that are so much better, that you've to put plenty of mats into your old ones, to get equal. (Example: I was all happy bc I get a legendary tech-pistole with 380 SPS from a mini-boss. And 30 Minutes later a violet dropped from a random gangmember = 980 SPS, lol)
c) Odyseey has the same repetetive content like CP2077: fortress = gigs.

So, if you like Odyssey it is totally normal that you have a better opinon about CP2077 (b) and c)). If you don't like the gamemechanics in O. it is clear, that CP2077 will have a hard time.

And bugs: I know PC/PS had plenty of problems, but on Xbox/XSX it worked fine. I had one crash (150h played), I had no questbreaking bugs (in CP I've to start often a earlier save, bc a NPC didn't react) etc. Eivor looked sometimes constant right, if riding on a horse and the legendary animals didn't show up in the hall. Thats it.

@Marcus_Hicks
I didn't said, that RDR2 is good nor bad. I said it is an Openworld-RPG. My english isn't that bad. Learn to read and if you're working hard on that endboss, maybe unterstanding is possible, too.
And even CDPR don't call CP2077 a RPG anymore. Just look at their twitter-account, f.e. And they know exactly why. Make your homework, before getting unpolite.

For me, no it's not by a long shot. Yes the game has bugs and glitches and some content is missing/isn't out yet. Even with all this, the game is still a lot of fun to play. It has it's problems, sure, but it is not as bad of a game that everyone seems to be making it out to be. NO game releases on release date 100% complete and bug/glitch free. I think people just built the game up in their minds so much that no mater what CDPR did it wouldn't have met everyone's expectations.

Personally, I think the game should have been a PC only game or MAYBE the next gen consoles. The most hate I see comes from PS4 and Xbox 1 players.

Long story short, people built the game up to impossibly high standards and no the game is not as bad as people make it out to be.

AI that is at least comparable to 15 year old games is not impossibly high standards.

@Mentos3
i dunno on the weapon/armor upgrade stuff...
for the armor/weapons you only have to look at how many upgrade slots you got (save/reload bevor picking up legendarys)
and that you have to upgrade armor/weapons can make them realy expensive..

but
if you start to pick up stuff when you are level 50, you only have to upgrade the stuff once
and it also dosnt matter what you use, with certain perks you can oneshoot anything, so it kinda realy dosnt matter

Top Bottom