Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

addar

Forum veteran
I think people who like the story the most will say its a great game and people who like sandbox will say its a shit. Luckily my whole time fav. Is plenscape torrent wich to this date is broken. Cyberpunk joins as one of my besties. Story and questing recompensate all flaws to me. plus gameplay is much morę engaging than W3. Master piece... Im making

5/10 game, meanwhile marketed as 10/10. Waiting for missing content dlc and broken features patches.
I also gave it a 5/10 initially but my rating has gone down even further a few weeks later.

Try this thought experiment:

1.) Replace the amazing construction job they did with Night City with an average open world city.
2.) Replace the cyberpunk art aesthetic with regular current day aesthetic.
3.) Replace the in game art assets (art design) with average game art assets.

What do you rate the game now? 2/10? 3/10?

I think the above three factors are what keep people from truly seeing how bad it is.

download (24).jpg

best lie of 2020 lol

well anyway, not for me.

Best game of 2020 actually, at least on pc. I don't have console

@Mentos3
but
if you start to pick up stuff when you are level 50, you only have to upgrade the stuff once
But what is with the 49 levels before :) ? My V is 38-39, I just have gigs etc. left.
and it also dosnt matter what you use, with certain perks you can oneshoot anything, so it kinda realy dosnt matter
In an ideal world it should matter a bit.

But okay, there are enough threads open what is okay with CP and what is not. I just wanted to reflect my
astonishing impression, that AC:V left me less frustated then CP. I'm suprised, too.

To me it's kind of the most disappointing, but not the worst game.
I like playing CP77 than let's say WD Legions, but on the same time I am more disappointed in CP77, because I expected more and see all those missed opportunities in the game,

It depends on what you were hoping or expecting the game would be, so there is no point in arguing. It was for me.

Last edited:
It's definitely my biggest disappointment in games, for me personally.
In general I think Watchdog Legion is also a huge disappointment on many levels, with weak core gameplay, a lame story and also bug-ridden and unstable like hell.

The difference is that I don't really expect any better from Ubisoft at this point.
Their games all play the same, stories are often a letdown and I'm surprised if a game works as supposed to at release, not the other way around.

I realy did expect a Witcher 3 type game...
open world, good main story, very good side quests, moral decisions.
If you dont think there are moraly questionable decisions.. did you play the Sinnerman quest?

I realy like the fast pace gameplay, also you can totaly kill everyone, or just do the missions silently.
and it all plays smooth...
i would wish, that the AI would be a bit more of a challange.

for me the game is 10/10

The most disappointing game in 2020, IMO, goes to Resident Evil 3 remake.

It was a complete disrespect to the players, in general.

To those who didn't knew about the old game, because it was a very short experience, with poor and lazy level design, lack of puzzles, and so on. So it was an almost criminal value for money there.

They were so shady, that to hide the lack of things (buildings) on the horizon, they just made it all dark around, so even in the city, you're running basically into corridors or in a close maze, sorrounded by darkness.

And to the old fans, besides those problems, because they cut a lot of the original content, and from the bridge point onwards, they simply made Nemesis a giant "Dog" with leather skirt.

They cut content and distorted the vilain, no need to mention that the original RE 3 is on the city, and there are a lot of places that were cut. No spiders and crows, it was one of the laziest games I've ever played.

Their marketing was very misleading too, they hyped up secondary meaningless things, like: how beaultiful the new Jill was, how you can dodge attacks and counter attack, like these two things that they did right compensates for the attrocious cuts, distortions and complete disrespect of the consumer's money value.

There were no play style varieties, only difficulties, no mercenaries, or anything like that. Which is the opposite from what Capcom did for Resident Evil 7, or Resident Evil 2 remake.

And the game was this mess, because they only did it to obviously push their flawd online experience.

This severe error makes me think that giving the single players a poor experience, even with different flaws than those mentioned, just to push some online product with microtransactions may not always give the expected results.

Last edited:
Not the worst thing I've played this year but definitely the most disappointing. I have enjoyed the story playthrough but the rest of the game just came off as a mish-mash of ideas that ended up being a bit confused. For an open-world game, there is literally nothing outside of the missions/gigs bar buying vehicles.

I never felt that V was growing into the world and becoming someone rather than just being a part of Johnny's story. I personally think that the game is just misguided and that it got lost somewhere along the lines and that the end product was not what was originally set out to be and not what it should have been turned into.

I've had fun for sure, but with all the bugs and technicals issues and the cut content and different game that was advertised over time, I do think that it's been a letdown.

YES... but there is always a BUT in these things.. The only reason this game is disappointing is because they hyped it through the roof.. and im not talking about gamers... this was the whole CD project team..every trailer showed something that was not in the game.. the whole demo was just some scripted thing and everything that was spoken there was not in the game.. That is why and i think they just pushed this game out to make money for the multiplayer.. i enjoyed this game but this game if you actually have little knowing of software engineering almost every system has bugs or is broken in some way... AI is just.. ok the point was that if this game wasnt hyped it wouldnt be disappointment to probably 90% of the people.

I had very little expectations for this game. Perhaps because i only watched one of the first trailers of the game and after that i simply ignored most of announcements to make it easier to wait for the release. The less you think about something the easier you pass the waiting time for it. And now i have an more or less open world cyberpunk game with story and charackter developement elements and i am happy with it not in the least dissapointed.

Sure it has bugs but they will be fixed soon enough i am sure so its all cool for me.

Objectively speaking, there are worse games out there. I'm having fun with this game, but in terms of creating a massive hype and building up a certain image, the outcome was kind of disappointing.

Top Bottom