Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
CP2077 is no OpenWorld-RPG for me like Witcher 3, RDR2 etc. I never played a Looter Shooter, because I don't like shooter anymore. But thx to CDPR I went down this unfriendly path and many times it was pure torture. Especially the gigs etc. So repetitive that it hurts.

What is kind of funny: I bought Assassin Creed Valhalla just to "test" my new released XSX and my expections were low. And hey, it wasn't THAT bad. There are a few nice views, it is way less buggy, the skillsystem is okay and it works. It isn't W3, RDR2, Kingdom Come Deliverance, either, but - okay.
If somebody had told me, that I would be less frustrated/disappointed about a Ubisoft(!)-game instead of one from CDPR I would have laughed my a*s off.

They do, if you don't download/played the game.

I agree with this. I never thought I would live to see the day that a Ubisoft game was actually better then a CDPR game simply because of how bad CDPR game was delivered.
Post automatically merged:

AC Valhalla (did start Valhalla at release day) is/was way worse then Cyberpunk (did start Cyberpunk with 1.05)...
i was so exited about it...
but when i compare it vs Odyssey or Origins, omg, what a let down
and BUGs? there where a lot at release, and there are still a lot in there,
some quests didnt work, some opals you cant pick up
some skills dont work... and some of this is still the case
i already played Cyberpunk twice as much as AC Valhalla (Vallhalla completion 99% because some quests dont work)

i dont wanna say AC is a bad game, its still fun... but not as fun for me as Cyberpunk is (playing on PC)
but if you like Valhalla, go and play Origins and Odyssey, way better games and story
I can see that. But AC Valhalla at least still had all its content...

In my estimation your position is correct and perfectly valid and warbaby2's sentiment expressed with a winking face is also valid if I'm interpreting it correctly to mean something along the lines of "well you're affiliated/linked to CDPR as a figure of some authority where this discussion is taking place so of course you would vote no" etc.

But like I said, it's warbaby2's winking sentiment that is in my dime a dozen opinion that is also valid in as much as the feeling of Mods perceived closeness can result in creating a perceived bias in the minds of those on the outside. Essentially even though Mod's are not an employee of CDPR, Mod's still wear their uniform in many people minds. Whether or not that is fair is another topic I guess.
Thanks... in so many words. ;)

Dunno why I even said anything, honestly... I've been a mod myself in the past. Anywho, maybe I just think that this particular project could have used some more "overly critical", maybe even hyperbole voices of caution earlier... might be too late now, one way or the other.

Thanks... in so many words. ;)

Dunno why I even said anything, honestly... I've been a mod myself in the past. Anywho, maybe I just think that this particular project could have used some more "overly critical", maybe even hyperbole voices of caution earlier... might be too late now, one way or the other.
You're welcome, free expression and communication is invaluable.

"I just think that this particular project could have used some more "overly critical", maybe even hyperbole voices of caution earlier... might be too late now, one way or the other."

download (5).png

Me: :)

Surely it is mine. The game itself really isn't bad for me but I'd be lying if I said I didn't hate the marketing. Like, really hated it.

I knew it didn't feel right from the start. Cause it felt much worse than Ubisoft's over-marketing. It kept going on and on and ruined people's tempered expectations. The 2018 reveal and 48-demo would've sufficed but no. I dunno if it's because people kept asking and they had to keep giving or they just got hyped themselves to the point where they couldn't stop talking about it to the point where they were making things up. Either way, marketing either screwed up or succeeded in pulling in the sales while disregarding the quality.

Now their consumers are so divided that it bitters my experience. Me who knew and got exactly what I asked for from this game and nothing more.

Last edited:
I think the realty of it being the biggest disappointment of 2020 is true. However this was created by a hyper train that ran itself off it's track and by issues on one platform being transferred by many to others.

The PC version of the game, while not amazing or great, is a good game. There are bugs to be fixed but no where near the level of what hit the consoles and a comparison of them is pure stupid.

I have finished the main campaign after around 100 hours, Seeking around the tarot cards, exploring the city, doing the side jobs and NCPD missions, and I have yet some stuff to do, the main campaign was a rollercoaster of emotions, also a lot of the side quests, even the smaller ones have a certain tone... be it fun or tragic with a lot of shades in between.

Most NPCs are memorable, and even the chance encounters leave you with something.
The core of the game is there, the soul, the rest, can be adjusted and worked in patches, the problems are technical, not with the game per se.

Most of the systems work, I was able to approach missions as I wanted, be it going gun oh blazing my way to the end, stealth them, or tech them out so that works mostly too, and if they will introduce more fluff later, will be welcome, but the base works and for me, it worked for at least 100 hours of gameplay.

Now, you want to introduce the metro system? A more complex Weather system and more AI to the NPCs around the city? Heck yeah, count me in.

Is the game perfect? Hell no, think it needed at least another year in development, but also, I understand nothing of marketing and how to make money, so.. maybe they had to do it, don't know, but, at least on PC, and if you have a good system to support it, the game is still valid, so I am not really disappointed by it.

What I hope is that they fix it so everybody can enjoy it as I did, on all platforms, and then I hope they make DLCs of the same quality, story-wise, as the main game, and they don't try to turn it into a GTA like experience... or if they do, they allow for private servers.

All in all, I am not disappointed, I am left hopeful, if what we have seen is an unfinished product, when they fix it, will shine like the sun.

People keep talking about how "hype" caused this and that...

download (28).jpg

The hype isn't the cause of this disaster no matter how effective the chants of "Yo yo yo bitches put yo hands together in this hizouse" chants were.

What caused this disaster was:

download (6).png

Along with:

download (29).jpg

Yes. Disappointing is a right word. The game is not that bad, but it is definitely not what we were promised and expected.
The opposite example - AC Valhalla. I've never expected anything good from this game and was sure it will be clunky, repetitive and boring as Odyssey, but a was surprised how good it actually appears to be.

For Cyberpunk it is visa versa :( With that budget, development time, studio name, hype and promo materials I was sure it has to be masterpiece... What a sweet summer child I was

Nope, that title still belongs to games like Godfall, Marvel's Avengers & Resi 3.

Why Marvel's Avengers? How is it disappointing? The game is exactly this piece of shit everyone expected it to be.

Last edited:
Yes. Disappointing is a right word. The game is not that bad, but it is definitely not what we were promised and expected.
The opposite example - AC Valhalla. I've never expected anything good from this game and was sure it will be clunky, repetitive and boring as Odyssey, but a was surprised how good it actually appears to be.

complete opposite for me... I realy liked Origins and Odyssey.. and hoped Valhalla would even be better.
but it wasnt
same as Cyberpunk it was released with a lots of bugs..
Bugs that could prevent you from finishing main and side mission...
heck i still have open quests on Valhalla that i cant even finish today
and dont even get me started of the pooly 2min side quests that you can do in Valhalla.. wow... what a shity design
did you play Valhalla lately? with the always drunk bug?

at last Odyssey you can play and play for the hope of getting better loot, to make better builds...
AC Valhalla, i like that Unique stuff is realy usable.. but it almost dosnt matter if you use them or run around naked
it dosnt change your build (what build... you max out anyway)
also why play it for a 2nd or 3rd time? it dosnt change, you cant find better loot
and that you only get the complete Thors set, Mjölnir and Gungir after you finishd the game is a joke

iam not saying i didnt have any fun with AC Valhalla...
but i have way more fun with Cyberpunk(PC)

For Cyberpunk it is visa versa :( With that budget, development time, studio name, hype and promo materials I was sure it has to be masterpiece... What a sweet summer child I was

Why Marvel's Avengers? How is it disappointing? The game is exactly this piece of shit everyone expected it to be.
Indeed they spent almost double in marketing than in development. The people most disappointed are the one more influenced by this kind of marketing maybe

Avengers was a big disappointement because we were expecing a solid single player game, like Arkham, instead we got that multiplayer thing

People keep saying the game was over hyped. But the simple case is that CDPR just lied about a lot of things that would be in the game period. Even simple things like driving AI wasn't implemented. I'm still enjoying the game, but after watching this video, I'm actually surprised by the amount of things that were cut or wasn't implemented even when they said it was in the game.

Great video by BeatEmUps

Guest 4375874

People keep saying the game was over hyped. But the simple case is that CDPR just lied about a lot of things that would be in the game period. Even simple things like driving AI wasn't implemented. I'm still enjoying the game, but after watching this video, I'm actually surprised by the amount of things that were cut or wasn't implemented even when they said it was in the game.

Great video by BeatEmUps
So basically this post is clickbait for generating likes for streamers.

Try to think for yourself. The game, as does several major AAA titles, will contain things that may change throughout development or the devs simply may want to add later via expansions if they feel it will add to the experience. Witcher 3 was no different. Do you think the devs don't know that this stuff is there for ppl to find? I won't even bother clicking that link since it's intention is obvious and one would hope 2020 would have taught some lessons but here we are.

Also, as an aside: The "professional games media" could probably have raised concerns earlier, since many of the prominent outlets had quite a deep view into the project as early as 2017, but they choose to concentrate on their petty politics instead (representation of certain cultures like with the Voodoo Boys, for instance), since that made them more clicks then being actually critical of the game itself... but yea, I guess that's neither here nor there with modern day "games journalism".
I won't even bother clicking that link since it's intention is obvious and one would hope 2020 would have taught some lessons but here we are.
Yea, you probably should, though, since the actual problems with the project are quite a bit more nuanced then what people might think... also: Commenting on the supposed value of a piece of media without actually watching it? What lessons did YOU learn in 2020? ;)

I had fun with CP2077. Never really cared much about its gigs and the repetitive little side activities, but fortunately you are not forced to complete them. The mainstory plus most of the side-quest have been quite entertaining and that‘s more than enough content for me...

Of course, there are quite a few things I‘d love to see improved (and not just technical issues) but for me CP wasn‘t disappointing.

And now I do understand why CD Projekt will NEVER EVER fix the game with all the missing promised features but we will get some minor bug fixing (maybe AI) and DLC as planned.

I have already asked for a refund on GOG.
I am out.

Top Bottom