Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Most dissapointing game, does not mean worse game. There were many games in 2020 that are worse. But my questions stands, with everything that has happened, and the launch that happened etc etc. Do you feel cyberpunk 2077 is the most dissapointing game of 2020?

For me personally it is a yes. The state of this game and the missing contents makes it to me the most dissapointing game of 2020.

Please share your thoughts and have a happy new year!

iCake

Forum veteran
The game is a hell of a lot of fun. Even in the state it is. That gotta count for something, right? I mean, if it's still fun while clealry unfinished, imagine what it can be if (hopefully when) it is finished. Having stuck with a few of CDPR releases, I think that there's little ground to base a notion of "no, it will not be finished" off of. So for me, given all that I just said, the game is not the most disappointing game, at least not just yet.

Happy New Year btw!

Last edited:

Icinix

Forum veteran
Not quite, Empire Of Sin is my most disappointing game of 2020. Was pretty excited and hyped for that one.

Cyberpunk wasnt everythinh I wanted, but the fact I keep going back and playing it and thinking about has shown how invested and loving it I am.

Rudo_

Forum regular
For me, it has been. I did enjoy a loot in the +200 hours i've played, but expectations were too high. I was expecting THE game, and this is just an ok game...
Hope it gets better, but it will be hard for cdpr to offset the disappoint.
Happy new year, chooms!

For me, no it's not by a long shot. Yes the game has bugs and glitches and some content is missing/isn't out yet. Even with all this, the game is still a lot of fun to play. It has it's problems, sure, but it is not as bad of a game that everyone seems to be making it out to be. NO game releases on release date 100% complete and bug/glitch free. I think people just built the game up in their minds so much that no mater what CDPR did it wouldn't have met everyone's expectations.

Personally, I think the game should have been a PC only game or MAYBE the next gen consoles. The most hate I see comes from PS4 and Xbox 1 players.

Long story short, people built the game up to impossibly high standards and no the game is not as bad as people make it out to be.

It's personally the most disappointing to me because I knew TLOU2 was going to be crap.
Horizon for PC had a bad launch but man, week after week, patch after patch it was fixed. Done.
Ghost of Tsushima was perfect, in ever aspect of the word.

So yes, the worst game of 2020.
And yes, I'm including Fast and Furious in my personal list and Cyberpunk dethroned Fast and Furious Crossroads.

Last edited:
Resident Evil 3 for me. It was a great opportunity to make RE3 into something more than DLC to RE2, yet they made it even more DLC than the original PS1 version.

Cyberpunk, even in it's current state and without all the patches and expansions, is more enjoyable than any other game this year for me. Yet for now there's a foggy future for it. We will see how it goes.

It's one of the most disappointing releases of all time for me since an open world Cyberpunk RPG was my dream game and CDPR was the dream studio to do it. What makes it so frustrating is that it's clearly been gutted by poor development/management choices. You have a game that is 40% excellent and 60% rushed or half-assed. I honestly believe the bulk of 2077 was thrown together in about 2-3 years. And there's no way it can be 'fixed'. The design and role playing issues ( or lack thereof ) are baked into the core experience. The whole scenario and the way they handled it has left me jaded about them as a developer.

I never go into any game with specific expectations.

If you grew up in the 80s and 90s like me, then you know better.

Because pretty much every other game back then was hot trash, but you liked it because that was all you had.

Now I've been playing Cyberpunk on a 3080 RTX 10900K machine so I'm certainly seeing the best version of this game.

But I'm loving it! Night City is amazing.

That being said I think if you want a challenge from this game then use shitty gear and don't max out quickhacks.

And driving cars could be better.

But overall I'm amazed at how big and crazy this game is. Graphics are top notch and it's fun.

But I do feel bad for old-gen console players.

It's one of the most disappointing releases of all time for me since an open world Cyberpunk RPG was my dream game and CDPR was the dream studio to do it. What makes it so frustrating is that it's clearly been gutted by poor development/management choices.

What do you mean exactly? I'm pretty far into the game, 50 street cred, level 37. Finished nomad side quests, just did the main quest parade mission. Seen nothing so far to make me think I'm anywhere close to the end.

Every section of town feels very different, with different gangs, different fixers, tons of side quests, plenty of hidden goodies to find when you explore the map, etc. etc.

So I'm a bit curious which aspect of the game you feel was gutted or rushed, other than (obviously) the old-gen console version that was clearly not ready for release?
Post automatically merged:

The game is fun, but not in the way it should have been.

It's like going to a five-star restaurant and getting served fast food. Yeah, it's good, but not in the way it should have been.

What way should it have been? I mean, tell me a story of what it would have been like if it had been like what you wanted. Curious to know

For me, no it's not by a long shot. Yes the game has bugs and glitches and some content is missing/isn't out yet. Even with all this, the game is still a lot of fun to play. It has it's problems, sure, but it is not as bad of a game that everyone seems to be making it out to be. NO game releases on release date 100% complete and bug/glitch free. I think people just built the game up in their minds so much that no mater what CDPR did it wouldn't have met everyone's expectations.

Personally, I think the game should have been a PC only game or MAYBE the next gen consoles. The most hate I see comes from PS4 and Xbox 1 players.

Long story short, people built the game up to impossibly high standards and no the game is not as bad as people make it out to be.

The Devs built the game up to impossibly high standards, not the community.
The Devs promised a bunch they never delivered on, on top of delivering a clearly unfinished, extremely broken game.

I'm assuming you think it should have been PC only because you play on PC or both because no one else would suggest that.
And how could it be developed for next gen and PC when the announcement for it came years before next gen was announced?

I've still seen issues come from PC players, hell they had crashes on boot, we didn't....

What should have happened was CDPR should have stuck to their guns and delivered a finished product rather than caving to investor and community pressure to deliver the game in its current condition.

This is hands down the most disappointing launch I've ever seen. Not because it's bad but because it promised so much and delivered so little.

I'm on my second playthrough and I'm yet to see the game perform in a way that was promised in any way, shape or form.

Not quite, Empire Of Sin is my most disappointing game of 2020. Was pretty excited and hyped for that one.

Cyberpunk wasnt everythinh I wanted, but the fact I keep going back and playing it and thinking about has shown how invested and loving it I am.

I was much more disappointed by No Man's Sky Origins than anything else this year.

Yeah it was a free DLC to a four-year-old game.

But it was supposed to be the update where they finally overhauled planet generation and biomes and creatures, and made the game like the original trailers etc.

But nope. Not even close.

Same basic planets, except now some have big mountains, and there's occasionally a super-cheesy "swamp" planet where every one had the same sawed-off trees that look like something I could make in Blender in like 5 minutes.

And they still didn't even fix the creatures with shrunken heads and hunchback diplosaurs. Why can't they just make creatures that stand up straight? Did someone else copyright good posture?

And the game still erases my damn discoveries.

So yeah... after sticking with that game from the beginning, hoping year after year the next update would be the one that didn't make the game into a bugfest from hell for four months but instead set things right that once went horribly wrong... I think I have finally given up hope that it will ever become what it could easily have been, had it not been made in such a way that every planet is not really procedurally generated at all, but rather, is baked from an extremely limited set of template files that even the modding community has seen and been like "wtf why are there only like 15 planet templates and 7 creature types".

Sigh.

Easy question to me, at the very least.
I'm personally enjoying the game but if you look at the player's expectation as a whole and how far from the mark CDPR were, then yes, it's the most disappointing game of 2020...Easily.

In fact, the words are well chosen too, is it a bad game? No, CP is still great despite his (many) flaws, is it disappointing? Definitely. It's safe to say now that a LOT of players expected far more from this game (phenomenon made even worst by CDPR's marketing who were promising "the next level of RPG").

I think that title would go to Last of Us 2
Which is sad considering TLoU2 is an amazing game once one agree to open their mind and understand the psychology and goals of each character but you may be right, at the end of the day, this game caused a massive disappointement across players around the world (not nearly as big though, at least from my pov but I may be wrong).

Last edited:
Top Bottom