Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
So basically this post is clickbait for generating likes for streamers.

Try to think for yourself. The game, as does several major AAA titles, will contain things that may change throughout development or the devs simply may want to add later via expansions if they feel it will add to the experience. Witcher 3 was no different. Do you think the devs don't know that this stuff is there for ppl to find? I won't even bother clicking that link since it's intention is obvious and one would hope 2020 would have taught some lessons but here we are.
okay

For me it's the best game of 2020, on par with Doom Eternal. Sure, its not perfect, but nothing ever is. It has some issues, but the things, that it does good, are so fucking awesome, that they overshadow the bad things entirely. And lets be honest, the game never stood a chance to live up to the hype.

EASILY the most disappointing. When you think of how it was hyped to be a new standard in open world RPG's, and yet ends up with a dead open world that you can't interact with, full of dumb npc's you can't interact with. And the gameplay is nothing more than shooting dumb enemies stood around map markers. Just like your average Assassin's Creed game. There's nothing dynamic or interesting to see or experience here.

In fact I'd go as far as to say that the open worlds in Assassin's Creed games are actually a little more interesting than the one in Cyberpunk, and that's a pretty low standard to fall under. Rockstar is still the undisputed king of open world games, and i was so looking forward to seeing CDPR knock them off that spot.

So basically this post is clickbait for generating likes for streamers.

Try to think for yourself. The game, as does several major AAA titles, will contain things that may change throughout development or the devs simply may want to add later via expansions if they feel it will add to the experience. Witcher 3 was no different. Do you think the devs don't know that this stuff is there for ppl to find? I won't even bother clicking that link since it's intention is obvious and one would hope 2020 would have taught some lessons but here we are.
I watched the first 10 minuts. It's only complains about "civialian AI". He tried to stalk some civilians to see where they go and determined it's not realistic. Also that a game called "driver" have better "driving AI" (what a surprise), and then he complains about the "shopping experience" which is not next gen (not joking here, he use the term "shopping experience" :D)

This was their first open world game in a modern city. Next time will do better with driving AI, clearly they have already exhausted their budget on other things.

And now I do understand why CD Projekt will NEVER EVER fix the game with all the missing promised features but we will get some minor bug fixing (maybe AI) and DLC as planned.

I have already asked for a refund on GOG.
I am out.
No... no, they probably won't. Why should they, really? With a reputation like theirs, quite good being just good enough can still keep one going for years... just as BioWare and Blizzard do/did it, until they finally started failing.

As for me: Yea, lesson learned... I'm 42 years old, and I saw one development studio after another drop off my interest radar for about 15 years now. This industry is going the way of the Dodo, has been for quite some time, and that whole disaster is just another dull, cracked brick plastered into the walls of it's ever expending crypt...

...if you wanna be poetic about it. ;)

Last edited:
I watched the first 10 minuts. It's only complains about "civialian AI". He tried to stalk some civilians to see where they go and determined it's not realistic. Also that a game called "driver" have better "driving AI" (what a surprise), and then he complains about the "shopping experience" which is not next gen (not joking here, he use the term "shopping experience" :D)
He stalked the NPC, bc a Video produced by CDPR was saying that NPCs will have a realistic daycircle.
Driver was released 1999? They got no experience with FPS, either. So if CP2077 would have a worse shooter-experience like hm "Doom" or "Return to Wolfenstein Castle" it would be okay?
:censored:
"shopping experience" has something to do with immersion. But thank god, CP2077 throw the idea of being a RPG by itself.

This was their first open world game in a modern city. Next time will do better with driving AI, clearly they have already exhausted their budget on other things.
Marketing.

...long watch, but very interesting. Bottom line: The CDPR that made Witcher 3, did not really make this game, they only marketed as such. So much for: "Changing this industry for the better." :rolleyes:
Oh, Legacy finished it finally *getting a beer*

Edit: Wow 1h37minutes xD *getting 2 beers"

He stalked the NPC, bc a Video produced by CDPR was saying that NPCs will have a realistic daycircle.
Driver was released 1999? They got no experience with FPS, either. So if CP2077 would have a worse shooter-experience like hm "Doom" or "Return to Wolfenstein Castle" it would be okay?
"shopping experience" has something to do with immersion. But thank god, CP2077 throw the idea of being a RPG by itself.

Marketing.
They spent more on marketing than in development, like most games in this list.

Unfortunately these companies will continue to do so as long as players will continue to be influence by it

Guest 4375874

Marketing.
Nothing you have listed there are RPG games or open world. I'd want to explain what the difference is but I think I've given this post more attention than it deserves. I don't even understand why the few here who say they've gotten their refund are still here and so active in the conversations if the game is so bad. If I go to a restaurant and order something which turns out to be bad, I don't stick around to keep eating it, I get my refund and leave. The ppl who have genuine criticisms you can clearly tell apart from these posts created to give someone views or likes.

complete opposite for me... I realy liked Origins and Odyssey.. and hoped Valhalla would even be better.
but it wasnt
same as Cyberpunk it was released with a lots of bugs..

As for bugs in Valhalla on release, I can only agree. There were a lot and some were even gamebreaking.

and dont even get me started of the pooly 2min side quests that you can do in Valhalla.
I like it more than Odyssey quests, they are short so you won't get tired from it, and they are all different from each other. Odyssey quests has no good story, no interesting way of completing it, but yes, they were long, which only frustrated me :)
I wouldn't be upset if AC has no side quests at all. They are not really necessary in this game, in my opinion.

The same is for Cyberpunk btw, all this countless fixer's quests, they are just useless, comparing to Witcher, where every quest provides new story, new characters, sometimes interesting plot twists, you can suddenly meet allies during the random quest, like we met Leto, which will open new quest lines and even affect the main plot.
Nothing like this can be said about Cyberpunk. It has solid main plot + allies quest, but they are too short for this kind of game. And fixer's quest are no different from Far Cry/AC "quests", but Ubisoft at least have decent AI, shooting, melee, stealth and parkour mechanics.

at last Odyssey you can play and play for the hope of getting better loot, to make better builds...
And I hate this too, for both Odyssey and Cyberpunk. Why do I need all this junk in my inventory. It also makes the craft useless, as well as buying anything from stores, because all you need to do is to go tp the closest radiant quest point, kill some gangsters and loot all the equipment you need from their corpses. It will meet you relevant character level.

In Valhalla, there is very limited amount of armor and weapons, so you feel joy every time you finding one. And you also see some point in grind, because you need recourses for crafting, which is absolutely necessary in Valhalla.

also why play it for a 2nd or 3rd time?
No reason, AC series are not famous for being replayable...

If this game was released in much better state, still most of us would find many reasons to complain.
Expectations were too high and CDPR is partialy to blame, so that's fair.

But complaining in almost every topic about game you guys hate for straight 22 days since the release ? is this some sort of self harm fixation ? Average gamer would need about 2 hours to realize Cyberpunk is not for them, however some people in here say they've played this game for nearly 100h, explaining to everyone how they hated the whole thing.

Is beeing positive about something even legal anymore ?

Nothing you have listed there are RPG games or open world.

We can hardly call Cyberpunk the RPG too.

The story is pretty much linear, no actual roleplaying is available - no matter what history you pick for your V, he still remains angry street punk, no way you can change his personality, not even on paragon/renegade level, as it was in Mass Effect. Reputation on streets means nothing, no reputation between fractions, all gangs treat you the same, gangs members are just mobs for beating. Fallout New Vegas was a way better in gang system.

No options in choosing your love interest, only one character per gender/sexuality is avalibe. Both Mass Effect/Dragon Age has so much more believable romance system.

Craft is nonsense, as well as character build, all these +1 to strength, +1 to HP recovery speed are shameful for the decent RPG.

Armor system is just a joke, when bra protects you better than military bulletproof vest. It reminds me low budget Korean MMO.

Cyberpunk provides really good, interesting, exciting and cinimatic main story, but that is all. Poor
RPG, poor shooter, poor driving, poor stealth, poor immersive sim :( All these years of expectation...

If this game was released in much better state, still most of us would find many reasons to complain.

But complaining in almost every topic about game you guys hate for straight 22 days since the release ? is this some sort of self harm fixation ? Average gamer would need about 2 hours to realize Cyberpunk is not for them, however some people in here say they've played this game for nearly 100h, explaining to everyone how they hated the whole thing.

It's called "giving a sh*t"... don't get used to, though, it happens less and less these days.

People have every right to be upset and they should.
When you buy a product that was advertised to have a list of features and find out that it's very lacking, you don't just look at the features that are good and say that it's good enough. You also look at what was supposed to be there but isn't. You were sold something other than what you thought you were buying. And this goes beyond bugs and glitches.

When the consumer stops being vocal about what is wrong with a product, companies can start selling anything and would still get an 8/10 reviews. Oh wait...

The hate just escalates with every passing day. I honestly feel bad for laughing at Anthem and Mass Effect: Andromeda. I realize now why EA dropped both of those games.

The hate of the gaming community is sometimes perhaps insurmountable where a whole project will be buried under a pile of negativity so massive, it's almost impossible to recover.

I think Cyberpunk 2077 will recover and go on to garner great results, but I'm starting to consider that perhaps we as consumers might not actually deserve the perfect CP 2077.

Sure we paid them full price, sure they lied, but what are we doing since the launch? A never ending campaign of dread against the game spearheaded by the same people who had sky high expectations and thought CDProjekt Red could do no wrong.

Now we're calling CP2077 one of the worst games of 2020? Are we really any better than the liars? I'm actually starting to wonder which position is more evil. I mean the company lying to reach their product deadline at least had a real financial goal. What is our goal, to bury the game? The funniest part is when I call people out they'll say they're just giving feedback. Yeah...

Top Bottom