Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's called "giving a sh*t"... don't get used to, though, it happens less and less these days.

That's the point many seem to overlook.

They're complaining about people who are complaining about wanting a better game and offering valid criticism, all while they're NOT playing the game THEY claim is better than sliced bread just the way it is, so they can be here dismissing that valid criticism.

Don't ask why people are here telling CDPR WHY they want a better game, when you have an even LESS legit reason to be here given your claim that it's great and all is well.

Go play your game. It's really THAT simple.

The hate just escalates with every passing day. I honestly feel bad for laughing at Anthem and Mass Effect: Andromeda. I realize now why EA dropped both of those games.

The hate of the gaming community is sometimes perhaps insurmountable where a whole project will be buried under a pile of negativity so massive, it's almost impossible to recover.

I think Cyberpunk 2077 will recover and go on to garner great results, but I'm starting to consider that perhaps we as consumers might not actually deserve the perfect CP 2077.

Sure we paid them full price, sure they lied, but what are we doing since the launch? A never ending campaign of dread against the game spearheaded by the same people who had sky high expectations and thought CDProjekt Red could do no wrong.

Now we're calling CP2077 one of the worst games of 2020? Are we really any better than the liars? I'm actually starting to wonder which position is more evil. I mean the company lying to reach their product deadline at least had a real financial goal. What is our goal, to bury the game? The funniest part is when I call people out they'll say they're just giving feedback. Yeah...

You've got a good point there. Feedback is one thing but hate is another.
What I meant with being vocal is giving general, civilized feedback and not harassment of people involved in the creation of the game. That is very low.

Voice your displeasure but don't harass people and threaten them please.

The hate just escalates with every passing day. I honestly feel bad for laughing at Anthem and Mass Effect: Andromeda. I realize now why EA dropped both of those games.

The hate of the gaming community is sometimes perhaps insurmountable where a whole project will be buried under a pile of negativity so massive, it's almost impossible to recover.

I think Cyberpunk 2077 will recover and go on to garner great results, but I'm starting to consider that perhaps we as consumers might not actually deserve the perfect CP 2077.

Sure we paid them full price, sure they lied, but what are we doing since the launch? A never ending campaign of dread against the game spearheaded by the same people who had sky high expectations and thought CDProjekt Red could do no wrong.

Now we're calling CP2077 one of the worst games of 2020? Are we really any better than the liars? I'm actually starting to wonder which position is more evil. I mean the company lying to reach their product deadline at least had a real financial goal. What is our goal, to bury the game? The funniest part is when I call people out they'll say they're just giving feedback. Yeah...
Nah, little, poor company definately needs help by little folk defending them, its not like they did anything wrong :shrug:
Not letting shit slide is only language they will ever understand and they get it for legit reasons

If this game was released in much better state, still most of us would find many reasons to complain.
Expectations were too high and CDPR is partialy to blame, so that's fair.

But complaining in almost every topic about game you guys hate for straight 22 days since the release ? is this some sort of self harm fixation ? Average gamer would need about 2 hours to realize Cyberpunk is not for them, however some people in here say they've played this game for nearly 100h, explaining to everyone how they hated the whole thing.

Is beeing positive about something even legal anymore ?
My thoughts as well... there is clearly an addictive quality to the game which is completely dismissed in lieu of bashing on it for those that have played so much of it, then try to push an agenda of disappointment. But that is the problem with expectations in general, be prepared to possibly have them dashed...o_O

We can hardly call Cyberpunk the RPG too.

The story is pretty much linear, no actual roleplaying is available - no matter what history you pick for your V, he still remains angry street punk, no way you can change his personality, not even on paragon/renegade level, as it was in Mass Effect. Reputation on streets means nothing, no reputation between fractions, all gangs treat you the same, gangs members are just mobs for beating. Fallout New Vegas was a way better in gang system.

No options in choosing your love interest, only one character per gender/sexuality is avalibe. Both Mass Effect/Dragon Age has so much more believable romance system.

Craft is nonsense, as well as character build, all these +1 to strength, +1 to HP recovery speed are shameful for the decent RPG.

Armor system is just a joke, when bra protects you better than military bulletproof vest. It reminds me low budget Korean MMO.

Cyberpunk provides really good, interesting, exciting and cinimatic main story, but that is all. Poor
RPG, poor shooter, poor driving, poor stealth, poor immersive sim :( All these years of expectation...
Mostly agree, but shooting in this game is great.

Nah, little, poor company definately needs help by little folk defending them, its not like they did anything wrong :shrug:
Not letting shit slide is only language they will ever understand and they get it for legit reasons

A company is comprised by developers, programmers, artists, writers, musicians and all kinds of other professionals. These are people we are talking about. Can you imagine working so hard on this game only for someone to call it "the worst game of 2020" to teach you a lesson? Because that's what you people are doing.

A company is comprised by developers, programmers, artists, writers, musicians and all kinds of other professionals. These are people we are talking about. Can you imagine working so hard on this game only for someone to call it "the worst game of 2020" to teach you a lesson? Because that's what you people are doing.
Nagativity is not directed at developers, writers etc dont make shit up. Also very people you mentioning are being abused by company forcing them to work for insane hours, whole negativity is mostly directed at company/managers/investors. Get your facts straight bud

Nagativity is not directed at developers, writers etc dont make shit up. Also very people you mentioning are being abused by company forcing them to work for insane hours, whole negativity is mostly directed at company/managers/investors. Get your facts straight bud

This.

I've yet to see anyone specifically point at the development team.

Mostly agree, but shooting in this game is great.
I personally don't find it satisfying.

The way the actual gun shoots is fine, as well as reloading animations and impact from bullets on enemies bodies. But enemies are braindead. The don't want to take a cover and through themselves on bullets, or just standing and doing nothing and waiting when you kill them, or running randomly across the area, falling down sometimes and punching each other, don't use the advantages of area at all, or even forgot about your presence, standing behind some box, loosing visual contact with V and shouting something like "were are you bitch!!"

I dunno, this kind of behavior is ok for Witcher`s nekkers, but when people act like this, it makes me play stealth/netrunner to avoid any shooting combat at all

For me yes. between broken promises, What CDPR Said they Supposedly stood for, to CDPR actually doing everything in there power to try and hid it, by not giving out keys for current systems hardware(after saying "it runs surprisingly well on current counsels"), forcing PC reviewers to only use stock video from the company, to even lieing to investors. the game is not just disappointing but Literally criminally so. Since they have a class action lawsuit against them.

Also dont forget the game was was bad enough for Sony to totally pull from the store!

Most dissapointing game of 2020 for me was xcom:chimera squad
Don't get me wrong, i like the game, dont regret buy it. And at the reduced price they released it, was a decent invesment. But for a xcom game, even being a kin of spin off, i expect more quality.

CP, was difficult to dissapoint me as i ignore all the hype create because i deliberately didn't read anything from the game before released to avoid any kind of spoiler (a thing that i usually do with any game i wait)

In fact CP is the best game of 2020 for me. Wich doesn't said too much because, apart from the mentioned chimera squad, the only other game released in 2020 i play was wasteland 3

In my view the title of this thread and the rage that has been going on various topics is completely overactive

I think people are stuck on what could have been not "what is" " Advertising trailers and other media" Development changes. Some people cant accept that and are salty. I still think its better the devs say nothing at all. I think all the rage over "missing features , hype advertising etc. is all an overreactions.

Yes the game is up to W3 standards but We are still only talking about a $60 video game not life an death and is getting above average reviews ( 7-8 ratings) ( I gave it a 6.5 in a review I posted here earlier) so its not like the game is a complete failure. ( wait for it ... "but consoles. ")

I also have no sympathy for people who took a risk pre ordering or buying day one and are disappointed. If having a "perfect game that was advertised" was soo vitally important to them they should not have bought the game till they had a change to review everything once it was out. Its a simply case of them not doing their Due diligence.

In my view the title of this thread and the rage that has been going on various topics is completely overactive

I think people are stuck on what could have been not "what is" " Advertising trailers and other media" Development changes. Some people cant accept that and are salty. I still think its better the devs say nothing at all. I think all the rage over "missing features , hype advertising etc. is all an overreactions.

Yes the game is up to W3 standards but We are still only talking about a $60 video game not life an death and is getting above average reviews ( 7-8 ratings) ( I gave it a 6.5 in a review I posted here earlier) so its not like the game is a complete failure. ( wait for it ... "but consoles. ")

I also have no sympathy for people who took a risk pre ordering or buying day one and are disappointed. If having a "perfect game that was advertised" was soo vitally important to them they should not have bought the game till they had a change to review everything once it was out. Its a simply case of them not doing their Due diligence.

How could people do that? Review everything once it was out if they bought it on the older consoles? CDPR hid the screenshots and video until after. So if someone were paying attention to everything for the game on PS4 or Xbox One they would've been duped.

Absolutely. Disappointing in the sense that we expected a masterpiece but got a regular, forgettable game. 100h+ in and im bored already. Skyrim without mods hooked me for more than 400h.

With a short story mode, shitty Physics, NPCs, and non existent world reactivity, anyone who labels this a masterpiece is just delusional. Even in Witcher 1 NPCs reacted to the world in more observable ways. For instance, hiding under roofs when it rained. Anyone who has truly been following CPDR can tell they simply slacked here, or had a one-of-a-kind shitty management and game designer.

The world is dead. No reaction to anything. They mislead us with the scavs chase to trick us into thinking that the world reacts to our actions but it was bullshit. I play this game with a ganger I see ganger I kill policy and nothing ever happens. Nothing for fighting and sparing Sasquatch and Placide either.

How the hell is anyone satisfied with this?

Nothing you have listed there are RPG games or open world. I'd want to explain what the difference is but I think I've given this post more attention than it deserves. I don't even understand why the few here who say they've gotten their refund are still here and so active in the conversations if the game is so bad. If I go to a restaurant and order something which turns out to be bad, I don't stick around to keep eating it, I get my refund and leave. The ppl who have genuine criticisms you can clearly tell apart from these posts created to give someone views or likes.
Maybe my english is to bad. Or you didn't recognized that I answered another post. Because I really don't unterstand what you're trying to tell me. Of course the listed games are not RPG or OpenWorld.
And if I go to a restaurant and the food is awful, I would not throw a granate in the kitchen. But I would tell them the food is awful.

No matter how many times you people repeat this, it won't become true. Hating the game and hating the company is hating the staff as well because they are the company. They made this game with their own hands and have vested interest in it's success, as well as an emotional connection to it and if you've ever worked on a big project you'd know.

Let's say you guys win, the negativity is overwhelming, most disappointing game of 2020, biggest lie etc. You taught them a lesson for their next game, whatever that means. Cyberpunk cannot be saved, it's reputation too tarnished. Who do you think gets hit the hardest? Who gets laid off during a global crisis? Not the suits, not the shareholders. It's the people working there, who were supposed to work on updates and expansions are now getting laid off. There is no timeline where this negativity will affect the people who lied to you. All this negativity does is put the core of CDPR at risk, the people who build these games and who didn't make the decision to release it early.

But keep telling yourself you don't hate the devs. Maybe it will become true some day.

Top Bottom