Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hating the game and hating the company is hating the staff as well because they are the company. They made this game with their own hands and have vested interest in it's success, as well as an emotional connection to it and if you've ever worked on a big project you'd know.

No one doubts that. Did they make the decision to release it? Did THEY deem the game "ready"? Because it sure as hell wasn't their passionate work that tarnished the game's or company's reputation, but this entirely premature launch in addition to the LIES from the higher-ups. Most people would've been content to wait until this game was what it could've been, but then SOMEONE apparently put fiscal years or other corporate priorities higher than making quality games – you know, that which CDPR used to pride itself in?

Last edited:
Worst release i experienced was this morning after last night, or was that the most relieved release, cant rightly say, maybe bit of both.

Just changed my vote after that my 160 hours save got corrupted today. How can this not be fixed already????
Well i enjoy the game, maybe too much for the devs that said me "stop to play plz"

Just changed my vote after that my 160 hours save got corrupted today. How can this not be fixed already????
Well i enjoy the game, maybe too much for the devs that said me "stop to play plz"

I thought this was fixed?

What platform were you playing on? PC or console?

I thought this was fixed?

What platform were you playing on? PC or console?
im playing on pc yeah
well it doesnt says its corrupted but i cant load them anymore, game is stuck on black screen.

Does it let you load the previous save?
Yes, im now sure its about the size of the file. I can play previous one that are around 8mb but the last 4 manual save are over this and the last one is 15mb thicc.
They can push the line a little bit more each update but the problem will be here until they change the entire save system.

Thinking about the fact that they still havnt fixed the minimap problem, 20 days after the release. A problem you can figure out in 10 sec after taking your first car in the game. Im asking myself if they really worked on the game or maybe did they leave it to the very "first secret AI developper" and dont know what to do now

Rddc

Forum regular
I think people who like the story the most will say its a great game and people who like sandbox will say its a shit. Luckily my whole time fav. Is plenscape torrent wich to this date is broken. Cyberpunk joins as one of my besties. Story and questing recompensate all flaws to me. plus gameplay is much morę engaging than W3. Master piece... Im making
For me it's the most disappointed I've been since "Two Worlds" Forsooth!

It's a fine game - I rarely finish single player games these days but this one I found compelling from start to finish. No disappointment here

Will buy any DLC CDPR bring out

I voted no.

As I played all CDPR games I knew what type of game to expect. Marketing had no effect on me.

Managed to keep my hype in check, even lowered it at times and for certain elements of the game and the final outcome is far more positive than I expected.
Really?

I have the Witcher 1 box to this day, played it when it first came out as well as all the games from CDPR, I have 400h+ in Witcher 3, and to me CP2077 doesn't feel nor plays close to anything else CDPR ever developed. Feels like a jankyer and worse Deus Ex Human Revolution mixed with Bethesda First Person and an early Ubisoft open world (AC1). That's how I feel about it.
Post automatically merged:

CP2077 is pretty good open-world action RPG game. But it disappointed me because there are no big improvements on RPG elements. It was like i was playing the Witcher 3 in Cyberpunk universe.(ofc, there are so many improvements on the other things but my expectations were for RPG.)

To mw Witcher 3 combat and systems are much better implemented and thought out. Gamplay is much better too. CP2077 feels nothing like Witcher 3 to me when playing. What CP2077 feels like to me is a floaty janky Deus Ex Human Revolution with the worst parts of Bethesda games and with an early Ubisoft open world.

Yes, im now sure its about the size of the file. I can play previous one that are around 8mb but the last 4 manual save are over this and the last one is 15mb thicc.
They can push the line a little bit more each update but the problem will be here until they change the entire save system.

I had a feeling you were going to say this.

This exact same issue happened to me as well, AFTER the fix patch. At the time I thought it was just me, so I started a new game.

People have every right to be upset and they should.
When you buy a product that was advertised to have a list of features and find out that it's very lacking, you don't just look at the features that are good and say that it's good enough. You also look at what was supposed to be there but isn't. You were sold something other than what you thought you were buying. And this goes beyond bugs and glitches.

When the consumer stops being vocal about what is wrong with a product, companies can start selling anything and would still get an 8/10 reviews. Oh wait...
This.

This exact same issue happened to me as well, AFTER the fix patch. At the time I thought it was just me, so I started a new game.
After 1.6 ? If so, pleaae report it to CDPR support.

Thinking about the fact that they still havnt fixed the minimap problem, 20 days after the release. A problem you can figure out in 10 sec after taking your first car in the game. Im asking myself if they really worked on the game or maybe did they leave it to the very "first secret AI developper" and dont know what to do now
If you're sure you're having the crash after patching to 1.06, please do report this to CDPR suport. It should be fixed now.

No matter how many times you people repeat this, it won't become true. Hating the game and hating the company is hating the staff as well because they are the company. They made this game with their own hands and have vested interest in it's success, as well as an emotional connection to it and if you've ever worked on a big project you'd know.
Hm. If you ever worked in a enviroment that is not "optimal" for the employees you would know, that it is unusual that they take emotional the responsibility. I never did and collegues either.
So they know, they had not enough time, that the timelines were not realistic or that the mangement to often changed the direction. Or whatever causes the problems.
How is it their fault? And why should they see that as their fault?
Of course this is frustating, exhausting etc. But people rather leave (if they can) then cry how unfriendly the customers are.
The backslash is a kind "We told you so!" to the managment. If there is no criticism or financial consequence, why should they change their mindset?

Last edited:
This.

After 1.6 ? If so, pleaae report it to CDPR support.

If you're sure you're having the crash after patching to 1.06, please do report this to CDPR suport. It should be fixed now.
I patched the day it was released and the problem happened today.
I filled a ticket.
Thank you :cool:

Someone in the thread about the 1.06 patch wrote that the problem basically still persists, only that now it's 14mbs instead of 8.

Hm. If you ever worked in a enviroment that is not "optimal" for the employees you would know, that it is unusual that they take emotional the responsibility. I never did and collegues either.
So they know, they had not enough time, that the timelines were not realistic or that the mangement to often changed the direction. Or whatever causes the problems.
How is it their fault? And why should they see that as their fault?
Of course this is frustating, exhausting etc. But people rather leave (if they can) then cry how unfriendly the customers are.
The backslash is a kind "We told you so!" to the managment. If there is no criticism or financial consequence, why should they change their mindset?

People work hard in all kinds of fields, the gaming industry "crunch" isn't special in that regard. CDPR is a company many strive to work for and it was often commented that despite the difficulties with TW3 development people still pushed to work there and to have that on their resume.

You're only suggesting the employees of CDPR don't care about their product because it makes you feel better about trashing their product, but at the end of the day we as individuals have to take responsibility for our actions. The negativity we're piling on Cyberpunk could potentially risk these people their jobs. There are no mental gymnastics that will diminish that.

And are you seriously suggesting people quit their jobs if they don't like how mean their customers are? Is that the best humanity can do? Isn't it better for people to not be unfriendly in the first place? Why is the gaming community broadly attacking CDPR for the actions of a couple executives?

Also why can't we ever be critical of things without trying to bring the whole thing down? Without demeaning and making fun of others? Because it seems to me there's plenty of feedback for this game and giving feedback is good, but the hate and vitriol far surpasses it. To me it looks more like gamers want to take revenge for not receiving their promised product, but by taking that revenge they ultimately affect the lives of people who had nothing to do with these decisions.

Participating in the hate is a personal choice, so anyone can decide to not do it.

Someone in the thread about the 1.06 patch wrote that the problem basically still persists, only that now it's 14mbs instead of 8.

I thought so. I figured it was because my save file was from the pre-1.06 patch, so for some reason or another couldn't be salvaged.

What was more odd though, was that it affected EVERY save before it. I couldn't load anything. Hence, why I restarted a new playthrough. It hasn't happened since. I didn't report it at the time as I thought it was an isolated incident affecting only me. If it happens again, I will.

Top Bottom