Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I patched the day it was released and the problem happened today.
I filled a ticket.
Thank you :cool:
how many items do you have?
i have like every iconic weapon and legendary clothing... all cars...
did finish every quest, and my savegames are not even 6mb big

try to deconstruct some of you unused stuff.. or sell it, maybe it helps

Participating in the hate is a personal choice, so anyone can decide to not do it.

What you see as "hate", others see as "valid criticism".

Especially when that criticism is shared among such a large portion of people who bought the game.

Perhaps you need to reevaluate your definition of "hate". Better yet, take your own advice, and don't participate? Maybe go play your game?

Especially when that criticism is shared among such a large portion of people who bought the game.

Perhaps you need to reevaluate your definition of "hate". Better yet, take your own advice, and don't participate? Maybe go play your game?
most people here are just parrots
like the game is unfinnished, you can cheat your way into Vs rooftop home.. thats the proof.

No its not.

its part of one of the endings...
but people still wanna tell me its proof that CDPR didnt finish the game and did cut the house out

IMO, yes...the game is the biggest disappointment of 2020. Making abstraction of ALL the Hype for a second (and this is the main argument for fanboys, from what I can gather), the game would still be embarrassing. I've played through it once
(120+ hours), mainly out of mild curiosity for the story, and tried to play it a second time. I can't. All that CP2077 is is a gorgeous empty shell. 85% of what you do is mindless killing from marker to marker (some ppl are ok with that).
- No immersion
- No interaction
- No meaningful customization (except playstyle sneaky/hacker/guns blazing)
- No story satisfaction
(it's Keanu's story, not ours, whatever we do, we die at the end)
- No choices (only the illusion of choice, which is more infuriating than no choice at all)
Realistically, comparing this game to others (not GTA, ppl are done with that), I generously place it a step over The Division 1. (5.5/10)
Also, and this should put the game into perspective for many, I hope, think for a second about
Kingdom Come: Deliverance. IMO, CDPR got their as*es handed to them by a rookie company (Warhorse Studios), with way less budget and time, releasing THEIR FIRST GAME EVER in 2018. They are pretty similar, if one is to truly make an unbiased statement. It does almost everything better (except graphics). Immersive first person (way better done) (y) epic world building (y) decent looting system (you actually loot what the NPCs are carrying) (y) story telling (y) interesting quest design (by far) (y) Interesting combat system (y) In-game reputation and consequences (y) etc. etc.

Conclusion:
I don't know if it's THE BIGGEST disappointment of the year, I haven't played ALL the games that came out in 2020, but I can definitely say CP2077 is an embarrassment. The only thing going for it are graphics and acting, which is actually more infuriating, as one realizes that the game has so much potential, yet the rest of the game is designed to pull a quick one over you and distract you from the fact that it is braindead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just because a large group of people agree on something, doesn't make it right. There is a clear distinction between criticism, feedback and hate. This forum is rife with senseless topics meant to stir emotions and provoke reactions in people. Can you honestly look at the vast amounts of topics and comments and tell me that's criticism? Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most disappointing game of 2020? What exactly is topic criticizing? Nothing really, it's just a feel good topic where people who hate the game can reinforce their belief that they indeed are right.

There's honestly such a disparity between this forum and the YouTube comment sections for Cyberpunk, that it's honestly staggering.

- No immersion
- No interaction
- No meaningful customization (except playstyle sneaky/hacker/guns blazing)
- No story satisfaction (it's Keanu's story, not ours, whatever we do, we die at the end)
- No choices (only the illusion of choice, which is more infuriating than no choice at all)

No immersion?
for me it feals more alive then AC games
No interaction
for me the interaction is perfectly made... i didnt feal so attached to some of the NPCs since masseffect or dragon age 1
No meaningful customization??
what did you expect... you have more options then you have in AC or GTA
No story satisfaction..
well then play another ending.. one in wich you dont die maybe? the one where you get a job from Mr Blue Eyes and end up going to the space station??
No choices
you have the same choices you had in witcher 3... and most of them are bad.. like in withcer 3

how many items do you have?
i have like every iconic weapon and legendary clothing... all cars...
did finish every quest, and my savegames are not even 6mb big

try to deconstruct some of you unused stuff.. or sell it, maybe it helps
It seems than craft/salvage items stack in savefile anyway..
I passed the last 2 days on cloth shop.
Tried to get all items available in purple so yeah, i got ALOT of items xD
Made a video to help me know what i got and what i miss. But useless now ahah

I think if you kept realistic expectations CP2077 is everything but disappointing.

Honestly, the little footage I saw before playing it myself was obviously staged and I just knew it couldn't have that polish throughout the whole game. Looking at CDPRs legacy, polish is not exactly what makes their games special (pun not intended ;p). It's the sheer scope and ambition.

I still like coming back to the absolutely gorgeous game and it keeps surprising me with hidden quests and nice character developmebt. I'm looking forward to new content and am hopeful most of the annoying bugs, unfinished gameplay mechanics and bad AI can still be fixed! :)

Youre seriosly implying that game is finished?
i kinda do
it still needs some minor bug fixes like the despawning area needs to be a bigger radius and not only field of view or some other stuff that can be changed (depending on the power your rig)

also some balancing like legendary short circuit

the AI needs to be better

but iam realy happy how this game turned out, it looks good, it plays fun
the music is aweome, the animations are realy good
and the main and side quests are realy good

iam playing on PC, and this is my personal opinion

People work hard in all kinds of fields, the gaming industry "crunch" isn't special in that regard. CDPR is a company many strive to work for and it was often commented that despite the difficulties with TW3 development people still pushed to work there and to have that on their resume.

You're only suggesting the employees of CDPR don't care about their product because it makes you feel better about trashing their product, but at the end of the day we as individuals have to take responsibility for our actions. The negativity we're piling on Cyberpunk could potentially risk these people their jobs. There are no mental gymnastics that will diminish that.
But you are suggesting, too.
I don't know why your suggestion should be more valide then mine :shrug:.
And are you seriously suggesting people quit their jobs if they don't like how mean their customers are? Is that the best humanity can do? Isn't it better for people to not be unfriendly in the first place? Why is the gaming community broadly attacking CDPR for the actions of a couple executives?
No, I pointed out that employees leave, if they aren't satisfied with their working enviroment. If you get "crunched", the exec don't listen, if you try to make a good product/service and you get no chance to do it. You reach a point where you are thinking: "Well, f* it!" Everybody has a point where it is enough. That's real life. No poetry in it.

It seems than craft/salvage items stack in savefile anyway..
I passed the last 2 days on cloth shop.
Tried to get all items available in purple so yeah, i got ALOT of items xD
Made a video to help me know what i got and what i miss. But useless now ahah
ok...
iam not sure if its the solution you wanna hear...
but i would deconsturct/sell everything that isnt legendary armor
and all non iconic weapons

just try it and take a look at the save game size

i kinda do
it still needs some minor bug fixes like the despawning area needs to be a bigger radius and not only field of view or some other stuff that can be changed (depending on the power your rig)

No no no i have to stop you, those are not MINOR

AI is so poor its too late to do anything about it and this is not something you can redo AFTER the release or it will takes years so yeah its a big problem.

Craft system is trash and need a complete rework

Most of the perks dosent work but hey, they put massive stats on weapon like this nobody give a damn because it does not block you in the story.

The single fact they didnt even take some time to properly do a 3RD person character animation is a big mess

I agree with you, the amout of work on the music is huge and for me save the entire title because its so important to the story line. The quest are indeed good and 140h to finish the entire game is more than worth it.
And the city is insanely detailed.

i kinda do

You are contradicting yourself, everything youre mentioning just shows that game is not finished, and this is not even getting deeper.
But if thats enough for you, more power to you dude, i just hope people dont share your opinion

No story satisfaction..
well then play another ending.. one in wich you dont die maybe? the one where you get a job from Mr Blue Eyes and end up going to the space station??

You mean the sun ending?

V dies, too.

You are contradicting yourself, everything youre mentioning just shows that game is not finished, and this is not even getting deeper.
But if thats enough for you, more power to you dude, i just hope people dont share your opinion
iam not sure what you are talking about...
every game has bugs... AC Valhalla still has a lot of bugs
is AC valhalla an unfinished game because it has bugs?
i dont wanna spoil you, but every game has some bugs

i could finish every side quest (still cant finish some in ac valhalla)
i could finish the main story

if you dont have fun with this game.. well thats not my fault

Most dissapointing game, does not mean worse game. There were many games in 2020 that are worse. But my questions stands, with everything that has happened, and the launch that happened etc etc. Do you feel cyberpunk 2077 is the most dissapointing game of 2020?

For me personally it is a yes. The state of this game and the missing contents makes it to me the most dissapointing game of 2020.

Please share your thoughts and have a happy new year!
For me, unquestionably yes.

No immersion?
for me it feals more alive then AC games
No interaction
for me the interaction is perfectly made... i didnt feal so attached to some of the NPCs since masseffect or dragon age 1
No meaningful customization??
what did you expect... you have more options then you have in AC or GTA
No story satisfaction..
No choices
you have the same choices you had in witcher 3... and most of them are bad.. like in withcer 3
Immersion, we agree to disagree, for me the world feels dead. OK, maybe not completely dead, but zombie lvl at best.
interaction, when it comes to NPC characters, I agree, albeit a bit rushed and eventually dropped (think AFTER u romance Judy). As for the rest, no interaction (fact) - i want to give money to beggars and street musicians, pick up a basketball and randomly throw it, slot machiens, benches, etc etc...
Meaningfull customisation, sure, you have options...but the game blatantly disregards them. did it matter that u customize your strudel? did u ever see your character (excluding inventory menu) with all that pink hair and gold teeth and yada yada? once at beginning, once at end, thats it. Sure...mirrors :)) does it matter what style of clothes you choose (sure, other games dont have this as well, but style is such a big focus for this game it seemed natural)
Story satisfaction: I actually got the ending you are talking about the first time...it didn't satisfy me, it only teased me to wait for DLC (big time)... I'm no story teller, so maybe i'm wrong, but at least do me the curtesy of underlining an emotion or message. In my case, the message was stated at the beginning of the game (your death is inevitable, but u become a star) and then blandly executed.
Choices, I would argue that TW3 did them better...romancing 2 characters at once...heh...save the kids or save the baron...etc. In CP2077 the choices are only smoke...the only palpable consequence is in a line of dialogue or some sht...sure, u have multiple ending, but they dont feel like chioces, they feel like "unlocked content"

I'm not trying to pick a fight ma dude, i'm not even one of those angry guys that likes to slam the game...it just boggles my mind that this game is as mangled and split as it is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom