Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I made the mistake of pre-ordering this game waaaaay back on, January 12th, for the PS4. This will be the only game I ever pre-order. Delay. Delay. Delay. Finally get it and it's just blue screen of death constantly. Hotpatches started to fix that and many other issues. Lost at least 20 hours of game play during 1.04 because of bugged main story missions. 1.05 cleared that problem. Had very few crashes and got to progress more of the story. Then it happened. 1.06 drops and totally fucked the game. If I open my inventory the game crashes within 2 minutes. I have not been able to progress the game since 1.06 released. Is there nobody doing testing of the hotpatches on last gen before releasing them? [...]

Cyberpunk 2077 is a $60 paperweight at this point!

For me, personally, this is a "No, but..." followed by a list of issues I have with it.
But with only 88 hours in, I love the atmosphere this game brings.

The next half year will be the crucial phase whether or not my opinion will sway. :p

Cyberpunk 2077 has been in development for at least six years and its team recently hit a major milestone: The entire game is playable from start to finish. It doesn't have all of the proper assets, playtesting or bug fixes in place, but seeing the story come together is a critical step in the development process, Borzymowski said.

WTF is this? What is he talking about? Does anyone in the CDPR generally control what their employees say? Or can any of them carry any nonsense without consequences?

WTF is this? What is he talking about? Does anyone in the CDPR generally control what their employees say? Or can any of them carry any nonsense without consequences?

Well, that's 2018 talking.
A lot has changed since then, as is very obvious by now.

Here's a good vid that seems to capture the whole story from start to finish.
It's got 2 parts: The development story from what info was available on the net and the guy's personal review.

Well, that's 2018 talking.
A lot has changed since then, as is very obvious by now.

Here's a good vid that seems to capture the whole story from start to finish.
It's got 2 parts: The development story from what info was available on the net and the guy's personal review.
The whole part about the development is a must watch for anyone whom played the game, really.

Loving Cyberpunk despite the issues. Have 90+ hrs and nowhere near slowing down. Hope they add in a lot more customisation options, NPC's have so many more cosmetic options.

The last of us 2 was the most disappointing game of the year for me (possibly most disappointing game of all time). Loved the original and part 2 completely ruined the story in my opinion.

Oh yes. Baldur's Gate 3, even in early access is phenomenal. It reminds me so much of Dragon Age Origins. I can't wait to Larian finishes it. And Divinity Original Sin 2 was a masterpiece of an RPG. Great studio, with great games.

Couldn't agree more, really wish we had more studios like them. They also seem to be very fan friendly too which is great. I know it's a bit late now but watching their Christmas Tadpole video was such a joy. ha!

Can't wait for the new Baldur's Gate 3 content and my new Laptop so I can finally play it!

Couldn't agree more, really wish we had more studios like them. They also seem to be very fan friendly too which is great. I know it's a bit late now but watching their Christmas Tadpole video was such a joy. ha!

Can't wait for the new Baldur's Gate 3 content and my new Laptop so I can finally play it!
When will they fully finish the game, by the way? 2022?

Guest 3573786

I was about to say yes, but then I remembered Last of Us 2 came out this year as well. And those game's flaws cant be fixed with patches and new features...

That is the fault of the dev team for release too much information . I hope they have learned there lesson and never do that again . In my view all devs teams should take a lesson here and never reveal anything ahead of gold again.

So much this. If they hadn't told us all about these amazing cool features they wanted to put in the game - and showed us trailers to sell the game based on those features - before those features were confirmed as being in the final release, I think that would have served to reduce the anger. The game would still be disappointing, but I think the overall reaction would have been more along the lines of "Gee CDPR you kinda dropped the ball there. Do better next time?" instead of the justified anger we're seeing.

Bioware did the same thing with Andromeda, talked up what were some really cool features that ended up not making it into the final release and the lack of those features just made the disappointment with the game that much worse.

This is one of the most disappointing games I've ever played, not because the game itself is bad - though it is only average (but Night City itself looks gorgeous on PC) - but because it's missing all those features they told us about, features they used to market the game, features which they then cut.

Doom Eternal was my GOTY with Ghost of tsushima being number 2 Half life Alyx being number 3

i honestly was expecting that Cyberpunk will blow everything out the water but sadly that was not the case even excluding buggs

anyway to answer the question No fuck no its not ,the most disappointing game for me easily TLOU 2 ,i have been playing ND games for over 20 years and its the only ND game that i couldnt bring myself to finish ,TLOU 1 was about survival and joel rediscovering his will to live through ellie with alot of great characters and near flawless pacing ,TLOU 2 was an extremely generic "Revenge is bad" story with mediocre characters awful writing and a pacing that fucks itself halfway through

Cyberpunk is more of a wasted potential that CAN be fixed with future updates and DLCs/Expansions
this video pretty much sums up my opinion on the game

I've preordered the game maybe somewhere in june/july this year? I can't even remember really. But I did it based off the prospect of the dystopian world and the cyber stuff, saw some mages and scenes of Night city and the Badlands, combine that with 'open world' and I was like.. why the hell not. after that I collectively didn't look into anything cyberpunk related and just waited until the game came. on december 10th I played roughty 4 hours until I got swagged by a mate of mine who was heavily into GTA, so I largely ended up in a mix of that with another game where I'm in a clan.
Beginning this week I picked up the game and spend each day in it, letting Night City and its sway wash over me.
It did that so well to the point where I felt fucked up for the majority of today because of what an emotional ride this game takes you through, well my lifepath did. It hit all the nails right on the head.
Only, today have I been able to get some added perspective.

all in all, I can easily say this did not dissapoint, and seeing as how I haven't gotten any other game this year, it was actually one of the few points of light in this wretched year, crazy as that may sound.

Last edited:
I've preordered the game maybe somewhere in june/july this year? I can't even remember really. But I did it based off the prospect of the dystopian world and the cyber stuff, saw some mages and scenes of Night city and the Badlands, combine that with 'open world' and I was like.. why the hell not. after that I collectively didn't look into anything cyberpunk related and just waited until the game came. on december 10th I played roughty 4 hours until I got swagged by a mate of mine who was heavily into GTA, so I largely ended up in a mix of that with another game where I'm in a clan.
Beginning this week I picked up the game and spend each day in it, letting Night City and its sway wash over me.
It did that so well to the point where I felt fucked up for the majority of today because of what an emotional ride this game takes you through, well my lifepath did. It hit all the nails right on the head.
Only, today have I been able to get some added perspective.

all in all, I can easily say this did not dissapoint, and seeing as how I haven't gotten any other game this year, it was actually one of the few points of light in this wretched year, crazy as that may sound.

This was similar to my experience too. I avoided interviews, spoilers, trailers etc and it was only after playing through one playthrough and loving it - that I started to go back and see those trailers and interviews.

They definitely did promise and hint at more than we got, but I'm still loving this game something fierce.

I don't know if I would have been bummed out if I had exposed myself to all the other content into the lead up or not, but if I wasn't online on these forums or the internet - I'd still be having a total blast with it.

iam still not sure what did people expect...
its a witcher game in a cyberpunk univers...
that you can change the story compleatly due to your dooings?
even the witcher was very liniar, you had like 4-5 endgins..
but the red line of the story was the same...

Lord of the Rings/Hobbit could be finish in 20minutes if thos idiots used eagles..
but would that be fun to read/watch?

i dont wanna say the game is perfect... but its a great game, and was worth its money... heck i have 182h on my clock...
cant say that about many single player games, and iam still having fun exploring the world

This was similar to my experience too. I avoided interviews, spoilers, trailers etc and it was only after playing through one playthrough and loving it - that I started to go back and see those trailers and interviews.

They definitely did promise and hint at more than we got, but I'm still loving this game something fierce.

I don't know if I would have been bummed out if I had exposed myself to all the other content into the lead up or not, but if I wasn't online on these forums or the internet - I'd still be having a total blast with it.
I only came here after completing my first run and the lifepath I have chosen. because I needed to collect my thoughts on how it gripped me. put it here if you're interested:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/share-your-screenshots-npcs-world-or-your-character.11064155/#post-12621605
, halfway through the page more or less.
How I woud've reacted should I have known, well I glad I wont ever find out about that. all I can say now is what it did leave me with.

Depends on how much the person games. For me yes because this was the only new released game I played in 2020. I don’t game much anymore so I’m particular of the games I played.
I’ve played all the Witcher games, even their standalone Qwent. I’ve beat W3 on the PS4 and PC with most if not all the side quest. My other recent to me games I’ve played were Drake Uncharted (all PS4) and the first Last of Us. I also did one full season of D3.

I only came here after completing my first run and the lifepath I have chosen. because I needed to collect my thoughts on how it gripped me. put it here if you're interested:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/share-your-screenshots-npcs-world-or-your-character.11064155/#post-12621605
, halfway through the page more or less.
How I woud've reacted should I have known, well I glad I wont ever find out about that. all I can say now is what it did leave me with.

That is awesome - I played very differently and got a very different ending - so reading your accounts was fantastic! Thanks for sharing that!

Top Bottom