Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
AC Valhalla (did start Valhalla at release day) is/was way worse then Cyberpunk (did start Cyberpunk with 1.05)...
i was so exited about it...
but when i compare it vs Odyssey or Origins, omg, what a let down
and BUGs? there where a lot at release, and there are still a lot in there,
some quests didnt work, some opals you cant pick up
some skills dont work... and some of this is still the case
i already played Cyberpunk twice as much as AC Valhalla (Vallhalla completion 99% because some quests dont work)

i dont wanna say AC is a bad game, its still fun... but not as fun for me as Cyberpunk is (playing on PC)
but if you like Valhalla, go and play Origins and Odyssey, way better games and story

I had this feeling regarding Valhalla. Played Odyssey for about 1000 hours and had lots of fun. I even pre-ordered Valhalla.
But I had this strange feeling and you just confirmed my suspicion. Now I don't think I'm going to install it at all.
Cyberpunk is the best game released in a long time.

I personally think they should dump both Microsoft Sony and consoles. PC out sells consoles regularly ( the combined sales of both Sony and Microsoft consoles was only 40% of total sales both W3 and CP

And you'll get little more than mediocre games, and some "diamonds in the rough" that have a hard time pushing the envelope in the next-gen arena due to limited resources.

You do realize that when a development studio enters into contract to supply the console markets, it opens up tremendously beneficial chunks of financial resources and support, right? The relationship goes much deeper than just "okay, your game looks cool, so you can sell it to our customers too when it's finished". Sony and Microsoft are generally among the largest investors to any AAA title. Especially Microsoft, as they benefit in both the PC AND console markets when a game does well.

Think about it. MOST of the friction we're hearing about right now, is about how the game was removed from the Playstation Store, even though the game performs comparably AS bad on the XBox, yet Microsoft hasn't made even a peep about it. Now ask yourself why.

Because a game floundering in Sony's console market has little effect on theirs. And what impact it does have, is often offset to some extent by the PC market's sales.

So again, I'm waiting to see just how far CDPR is willing to go to satisfy Sony to get the game back on their store. Because I doubt some bug fixes and optimizations is going to be enough.

So again, I'm waiting to see just how far CDPR is willing to go to satisfy Sony to get the game back on their store. Because I doubt some bug fixes and optimizations is going to be enough.
I wouldn't put it past them to do a NMS style 2.0 re-release... I think it's not an exaggeration to assume that CDPR is scared sh*tless right now.

And you'll get little more than mediocre games, and some "diamonds in the rough" that have a hard time pushing the envelope in the next-gen arena due to limited resources.

You do realize that when a development studio enters into contract to supply the console markets, it opens up tremendously beneficial chunks of financial resources and support, right? The relationship goes much deeper than just "okay, your game looks cool, so you can sell it to our customers too when it's finished". Sony and Microsoft are generally among the largest investors to any AAA title. Especially Microsoft, as they benefit in both the PC AND console markets when a game does well.

This ^^^

It baffles me when people claim the game would be so much better if it was PC only.

Especially when followed by comments such as "consoles only account for 40% of sales". As if 3,280,000 (41%) pre-orders at 60$ a pop is something to just brush aside. I mean, it's just 196,800,000 million in sales right?

No, these wouldn't translate to PC copies either. Consoles only players play on consoles because they don't want to invest into PC upgrades or because they prefer consoles. Either way, they wouldn't have bought the game on PC.

It's a lot of money to spit on and it's a lot less potential return on your investment which means you'll invest less.

The previous record holder was World Of Warcraft: Shadowlands, the newest expansion for Blizzard’s MMO, which only set the record less than a week ago with 3.7 million copies sold at launch, according to GamesIndustry.biz.
WoW is a 16 year old MMORPG dying a silent death.....

Rockstar Games® is proud to announce that the critically acclaimed Red Dead Redemption 2 has achieved the single-biggest opening weekend in the history of entertainment*. With over $725 million in worldwide retail sell-through during its first three days, Red Dead Redemption 2 is the second-highest grossing entertainment launch of all time next to Rockstar Games' previously released title, Grand Theft Auto V, which achieved over $1 billion in retail sell-through in three days. (Photo: Business Wire)

Yes in 3 days, but it first launched only on PS4. Not PS, Xbox, PC and Stadia. CDPR would be stupid as hell if they would ignore console. I think they are not. 40% is 40%. I would look stupid if my paycheck would be -40%.

I found it very fun and entertaining (my 180+ hours tark), even if its not complete, IF they complete the game this will become the game

Totally unrelated but, y'know, just wanted to point out that people have been saying this for... a decade now?

It's still number one of the MMO world though ;)

I remember telling my whole EverQuest guild that WoW would become the death of not only our guild, but of our beloved MMO as well.

That was about a year BEFORE WoW's launch.

So - I'm now into my third playthrough - and my opinion has changed since I first started (I've started getting bugs in my third - but to speed things up and explore options I started using glitches and cheats so the bugs are on me....and the cars...npcs....and so on);

Initially I was like this was one of the best releases in a while - but doesn't quite reach the lofty standards they and other groups have reached.

....now though, now I think it does.

The more I explore the world and the quests and ways of completing them the more I love it. The world is spectcaular, and the choice and consequence (while still being smaller than world sweeping changes) are quite well integrated.

I still have major issues with the focus being Johnny Silverhand - but - damn....I love the game even more than when I first started playing it.

Yes it is

It's hitting level not even Bethesda ever touched, not with Fallot 76 neither with 4.
At least there was content in those buggy games.

Here, you have an extremely bugged game, with good graphic, and very little ammount of content.

Guest 4529090

Most dissapointing game, does not mean worse game. There were many games in 2020 that are worse. But my questions stands, with everything that has happened, and the launch that happened etc etc. Do you feel cyberpunk 2077 is the most dissapointing game of 2020?

For me personally it is a yes. The state of this game and the missing contents makes it to me the most dissapointing game of 2020.

Please share your thoughts and have a happy new year!

Public opinion wise , yes . Personally , no .

I feel like the game got overhyped a lot during the last few years only to be released way before it was ready ( I would have given it one more year worth of developement ) ; this caused the people to feel dissatisfied with the final product which was infact a buggy mess with too little content ( for as much as the main quest and secondary quests have some p good writing ) .
Add in the fact that the optimization was bad on consoles and that at the promise of refunds Sony went full "Fuck , no" mode and you'll get a recipe for disaster .

As someone who doesn't jump on the hype train asap I have to say I actually really enjoyed the game ; needs a lot of polishing , bug fixing and content additions but it does have the potential to be a very good one .

I'd give the title of most disappointing game of 2020 to Animal Crossing New Horizons but won't really go in detail about the reasoning behind it as I'd end up writing an essay of a few pages and I don't wanna .

reading most of these threads is concerning.

played 40 hrs on a high-end pc and the game does not deliver what we were promised. I knew the hype train was getting out of hand and I knew they could not deliver on all their promises, but I still managed to find myself getting excited about the game's release. The witchcraft that the PR team at cdproject produced was world-class and I think any other development team should look at employing them they did their jobs impeccably.

But the game is nothing like what we were shown even the trailer that is on TV shows stuff you can not do in the game. there are many posts already that show and tell what is wrong with the game, I agree with most of what they have to say. I am hanging on till June time to see what has been changed and implemented as stated by a cdproject dev. I am waiting more in hope than expectation.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I had to wait a day or two because of post. I Syed on PS4 and before I got it my hopes sank due to day one. But I ended up falling in love with it

Top Bottom