Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I found it very fun and entertaining (my 180+ hours tark), even if its not complete, IF they complete the game this will become the game
They were saying this about Fallout 76.
I don't want potentially great games. I want real great ones when I buy them.
I don't want to buy future promises.
I don't want potentiality but reality.
This is how scamming work. Selling potential greatness.

It's the most disappointing game of the decade. There's so much potential there, it could have been a masterpiece. It might still reach that status one day, but it's a long way off. Not only that, but CDPR's reputation has been destroyed i nthe process. Yet another AAA gaming studio found out to be nothing more than liars and greedy money grabbers, akin to the other scummy companies such as EA, Activision and Ubisoft. It's all really sad.

Mayber edit the post title to '... your most....'. It certainly is for me. I've not been this dissapointed since I watched my sistser on Christmas morning unboxing a present to find another wrapped box within only to unwrapp that to see the same again; to watch that process unfold a dozen times until ultimately she received only an empty box and the callous laughter of her parents.

Now that I think about that it works as a metaphor for this game.

Yes, it is true. We had terrible parents.

I have kept my expectation to minimum and had fun playing this game. It has a lot of interesting features that amaze me but also have many very underwhelming areas.
It is unfinish and a lot of missing features, but this game still have 100 times more contents comparing to some other unfinished game I bought this year and worth more than some good titles that released this year. I am happy to be able to play this game from start to end smoothly without any crashes. So to me, overall it is kind of fall in between good and bad. Just slightly on the better side.

They were saying this about Fallout 76.
I don't want potentially great games. I want real great ones when I buy them.
I don't want to buy future promises.
I don't want potentiality but reality.
This is how scamming work. Selling potential greatness.
Dont make me wrong the game (main story, side quest etc) are complete, just there are to many door closed, and the totally cut of the first six month of V in night city, people is talking about side activity (racing, fishing and so one) but those side activity are just boring

This company is [...]
Inspite of losing millions in ps4 sales they are not.even interested in releasing further patches.
Post automatically merged:

I'll.not be rude but at least update me.the date of jan patch

Last edited:
It is. No other game has disappointed people more than CP2077 in 2020. Hell, in all gaming history for what i know.
Post automatically merged:

Compared to other games: Not at all

Compared to the ridiculously high expectations: Yes

Compared to which games?

Yes. Or atleast tied with Bannerlord.

Not sure what everyone else was playing in 2020, but I'm assuming that atleast in those games, the NPCs and world acted accordingly.

Hell, River City Ransom on NES from 1989 was more immersive.

Not just 2020, but several recent years. Perhaps even a decade.

But then, I’m not some sort of superconsumer of games, so there’s not been much to get disappointed with.

Most dissapointing game, does not mean worse game. There were many games in 2020 that are worse. But my questions stands, with everything that has happened, and the launch that happened etc etc. Do you feel cyberpunk 2077 is the most dissapointing game of 2020?

For me personally it is a yes. The state of this game and the missing contents makes it to me the most dissapointing game of 2020.

Please share your thoughts and have a happy new year!
Let's see...driving is an unmitigated disaster...BD's suck because you can't complete without being perfect and finding out where to stand(not in the right place...no complete). Clothes are locked and can't change clothes....so much suck, so little done right!

The reason its disappointing is because it was massively over hyped and did not deliver what they said it would.

I think TLOU2 takes that title. For all the press plaudits being thrown at it (the benefits of a thin year in terms of the competition). Wholly linear narratives devoid of player agency and choice and consequences are basically movies/TV delivered via treadmill, and in that regard, it's just not a particularly well-told story, with poor characterisation, weak world-building and plot-holes you could drive tank divisions though. I suspect the upcoming HBO adaptation could well achieve the greater success, assuming the writers on the show carry out the necessary due-diligence to kick the tyres and throw out all the bad ideas that permeate the games world-building, whilst also avoiding coming across as HBO does TWD.

I realise for a certain sub-set of internet denizen, the above is probably the highest blasphemy, but the plain truth is, the true power of gaming as a medium, is in delivering interactive experiences that are wholly unique and distinct from other media and in that regard games like Cyberpunk (warts and all) are genuinely leveraging that power versus simply co-opting gaming technology to act as a modern-day Mutoscope.

Yes it is, after the Witcher 3 we expected something much more awesome
but after the Blood and Wine expansion from the witcher 3 most of the talented people left
CDPR is never going to be the same, they going on a dark path, I'm afraid that The Witcher 3 was the last good game from them

I see people [...] who say that the Cyberpunk is the best game they ever played
I think those people haven't play so many games, and they didn't listen to what CDPR have promised about cyberpunk 2077, and they didn't keep they're promises.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom